main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    yes here are some of the many.

darthosaka likes this.
  2. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    ...and Ezra getting ran through the chest with a the burning hot blade of a laser sword.

darthosaka likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Shhhh. Don't spoil the ending. ;)

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    As my signature indicates, I find NOOOOOOOOs in general to take me out of the work, because it's such an overused (and frequently parodied) trope. But I don't think it's meant as a specific callback or anything.

5. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Well I am gonna go full Hegel here and say no to no NOOOOOOOs.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    well that is not an article by Disney or Lucasfilms so I would say no. The concept art strikes me as something Lucasfilms/Disney is saying, yea they are real because they were taken down .....

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    What?

8. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Was this supposed to go in another thread?

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    My bad I posted it in the wrong thread.:(

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's okay. It happens to the best of us.

11. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Zap2it, part of the TV By the Numbers network is reporting the overnight ratings for Rebels last night:

STAR WARS REBELS DXD 9:00 PM 581 0.1

Essentially the show shed half its viewers from last week's premiere from over 1 million viewers to under 600 thousand. Still waiting on numbers for online views, but these numbers are not very good. Always thought relegating the show to XD was a mistake, plus its on a bad night.

Yancy

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Do you have a link to the article at all?

I know they will be re-showing the rebels premier on ABC next week. So, that might bring in more viewers.

13. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Check the comment section. Someone asked Amanda Kondolojoy, the reporter, about Rebels' numbers:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...night-raw-love-hip-hop-hollywood-more/317394/

She reported the number. She'll be following up with a full cable listing for Monday tomorrow. And before you ask, although this was in a report for numbers for viewers 24-54, those are the final Nielsen numbers for all age brackets.

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Hmm. I'm not sure. I mean, I'm sure she's a great reporter and everything. I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow.

I just wish that Disney XD, the US one was available in Canada.

Thanks though.

15. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    I'll be honest when I saw the Disney Channel US numbers for the 1-hour movie, and then the XD premiere ratings I kind of suspected this is where the show would be in a few weeks. The problem is XD as a network in general is just a poor destination for Star Wars. The franchise would be better served on Disney Channel.

When you looked inside the numbers from the Disney Channel movie premiere to the XD premiere of "Droids in Distress" there were some very alarming numbers. From week one to week two the show dropped a massive 78% with female viewers. Given that two of the shows main characters are women that's simply not a good sign.

There's an odd battle brewing between Lucasfilm and Disney. Lucasfilm is clearly trying to expand the brand among women/girls with Rebels and Episode VII, but Disney is leveraging Star Wars as another "boys brand" to go along side Marvel. Go to a Disney Store, Star Wars is in the boys section, and there are virtually no girls themed products. The first wave of Rebels action figures do not include Sabine or Hera who is one of the show's lead characters.

These numbers just reflect being stuck on a bad network that's only available to 69% of all cable/satellite providers. But these numbers are also typical of most XD programming which is fairly alarming given how high profile Star Wars is. If this trend continues I really have to wonder if a Season 2 even happens, or if its just an order for another 13 episodes.

Yancy

darthosaka, TKT and ifleninwasawizard like this.
  16. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    So Disney committed ratings suicide by closing the gates and assuming the magical Star Wars hordes would pay money for this one show. And 42% who saw it don't really care for it, resulting in nearly half million viewer loss. 3rd season's looking sketchy.

And if they won't pay for 20 min a week, 15 seconds of Vader isn't going to make them come back.

17. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    Disney is being foolish here. As soon as Star Wars-mania starts up next year they are going to dominate the boys market anyways. If they follow the lead of Lucasfilm could get a larger share of the girls market.

Would it be within the realm of possibility for them to move this back to the Disney Chanel? They have a very good product on their hands in Rebels. There is no guarantee that the next SW they produce will be nearly as good.

darthosaka and TKT like this.
  18. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    If there were marketing numbers showing Rebels favorability among female viewers that might be a start. I personally think the show needs to move to the Disney Channel, but I'm sure from a practical standpoint Disney was looking at the show as a draw to attract more viewers to XD, but when you are barely bringing in a half million viewers that's kind of a hard sell.

19. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    Hopefully the lesson they draw is that the problem is with the channel and not the show. Of course, compared everything else on XD I assume Rebels is still doing pretty well.

Considering that it seems like the vast majority of people who watch the show like it, there are other marketing opportunities for it. Decent toys sales may be enough to keep this show around, or move it to Disney Channel.

20. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Well Rebels is getting canceled now probably before even season 2 is done. Nice knowing y'all...

Joking...Disney please don't cancel...:(

21. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Someone on here mentioned the famous Wilhelm scream appearing in Spark Of Rebellion. Does anyone know when exactly it appears (i'm guessing Stormtrooper being blown up or that one at the end kicked off the pillar by Kallus)?

22. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    I didn't like it in Clone Wars either....

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The problem is, you can go and watch the show online before it appears on the channel itself. Which is what a majority have probably done.

However...

Filoni talked about wanting Rebels to go on for a long time, almost longer than TCW. Which I think is near enough impossible. Even five seasons will be difficult, without overlapping ANH and entering the OT. The show will do 3 or 4 seasons max, IMHO.

Once the ST hits and consumes the Star Wars universe, Disney will want to move towards post-RoTJ quickly - this era is a huge financial win-win for Disney.

That's something I really don't understand; Sabine, especially, was the most eye-catching character when Rebels were releasing the promos.

darthosaka likes this.
  24. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I think you're forgetting that this takes place 5 years before ANH. The Clone Wars lasted only about three years and we got 6 seasons, with about 8 in total planned. Although the Ghost crew probably doesn't get up to the same sort of mischief every single day that we see in the episodes, there's still plenty of time for a lot to happen.

darthosaka likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I didn't forget that.
    Was merely pointing out that Disney might not want the show to last that long.