main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    guys got a question about a new dawn is Caleb just a random person we see or what.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Caleb is Kanan's former name. When he used to be a Padawan. But after Order 66 Caleb was changed to Kanan because Kanan, who we see now; needed to protect himself.

darthosaka likes this.
  3. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I honestly don't mind if it ends early as long as it has a legit ending, unlike the Clone Wars. I would rather see two seasons with a good ending then six or seven seasons and left open ended.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Thats what I thought.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I would rather it go for a while but I see what you mean.

darthosaka likes this.
  6. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I hope Rebels is a long runner. How cool would it be to have 2 SW Shows on at once?

7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Is it hard for you to accept that other people don't share your opinion?

8. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
  9. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I kind of doubt Rebels will get cancelled. Disney really wants to push Star Wars forwards, and Rebels is their only way of doing so on TV at the moment.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Lets hope they don't try to sabotage the show and start airing new episodes at 12 oclock at night, becuase that's what Disney XD does. It's where shows go to die.

11. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    For now, but it can easily be replaced by a much cheaper, traditionally animated knock off show.

12. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Lol, people keep saying Rebels reminds them of Firefly ironic if it had the same fate.

13. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    The real issue is how Disney and many other kid channels are solely obsessed with one demographic. Disney XD and Cartoon Network targets boys while the Disney Channel targets girls. There is a reason why Nickelodeon is generally the most popular channel amongst the kiddies: you have stuff for girls like the kid sitcoms, stuff for boys like TMNT, and stuff for both like Spongebob Squarepants.

Secondly, the main reason why Disney XD was even created was because the Disney Channel wasn't getting enough boy viewers. However, if Disney followed the Nickelodeon model and had shows for girls and boys then Star Wars Rebels could easily air on the Disney Channel. Months before Rebels even premiered I told my dad that it was stupid for Disney to air a Star Wars show on a channel that many don't even have (Disney XD) and that it would have been better to air it on a channel that is watched by numerous individuals in the 6-14 demographic (Disney Channel). Sadly though as long as Disney holds the ridiculous view of "Disney XD for boys, Disney Channel for girls!" instead of using one channel to cater to both ala Nickelodeon then Star Wars Rebels will continue airing on a channel that isn't on many televisions.

Of course Disney could always air reruns of Rebels on the Disney Channel. There is a nightly Disney XD block on the Disney Channel that Rebels could fit right into. I don't know if that will happen but it would be nice if it does.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    One channel that had it right once and sorta still does is nick but even they are only know focusing on kids.

Also cartoon network and they have done the best job out of all the kid/teen channels.

15. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    Does anyone know what kind of ratings Ultimate Spider-Man and the Avengers cartoon get on Disney XD? This would be an interesting comparison to Rebels.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  16. LittleDefel

Jan 17, 2012
    I think one thing Rebels has working against it is that it's kicking off a show with a team of entirely brand new characters. Cartoons like Spider-Man and the Avengers are building off already established characters. Even Clone Wars had Anakin and Obi-Wan to build around while introducing the brand new Ahsoka as the third main character. If Rebels featured the adventures of Luke, Leia, Han and Vader and was set between ANH and ESB, I imagine its ratings would be a lot higher.

17. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Ultimate Spider Man is averaging about 2.1 million viewers right now. And a recent broadcast on Disney Channel had some 2.3-2.4 million viewers.

18. LittleDefel

Jan 17, 2012
    2.1 million? Wow, that scares me a bit in comparison. Maybe a better blending of new characters with established characters is needed to move beyond Season 2.

19. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Well that was from a special broadcast on XD last week. When the show ran last year it was around 1 million viewers.

20. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I couldn't find anything for the Avengers or Ultimate Spider-Man. What I did find was was this august article about some other XD shows.

"7D" got 752,000 viewers at 10 am, but I'm not sure which day.

"Gravity Falls" got 944,000 viewers at 9 pm on a Friday.

Apparently this was considered extremely good for both shows.

21. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I think that if the show has these ratings as a steady amount, we might not get Season 3. Season 2 is going to have to really push the bar. Inquisitor fun time, characters/places we love coming back (Ahsoka, Hondo, Mandalore, Onderon) and the season finale introducing Vader into the equation. It needs to be perfect to draw people back in. Even then, at the low ratings it would still probably get, I would hope it can at least last until Season 4, where they can wrap it up.

And please, for the love of the show, move the time and the channel!

darthosaka likes this.
  22. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I'd hope that they realize just how few people actually get DisneyXD.

darthosaka likes this.
  23. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    They are certainly aware of that, but there's an expectation of a return on one's investment. Ultimately everyone answers to the investors, and if the investors believe they can get the same numbers with a cheaper show then that will be the direction the network goes.

Yancy

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

and how much has rebels gotten because it had to be over a million

Those are horrible ratings

25. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    However, I imagine they would at least try changing the time slot before they give up on the show. It's not like it costs nothing to develop a new show. And a truly bad SW will certainly get a lot of heat.

Jedi Knight Fett Rebels only has something like 580,000 in it's second episode. This is why we are having a very minor panic attack about this.