main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Well he already claimed that he was that Pallopides person Palpatine was his uncle.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Dear god what will happen if or better yet when Ezra meets Princess Leia?¡

I'm wondering how quickly she'll outwit him or maybe she uses him to witness some imperial subterfuge and narrowly escapes capture and Ezra remains unaware of who she is?

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...And now you've got that stuck in my head.

"Funny" how Disney songs can stay with you even when you haven't seen the movie in years.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Why do I feel like Leia would hit him with a handbag?

But seeing Leia would be nice. Even if she never reveals who she is to the crew.

Vthuil

Sorry.

But yeah, I still remember a lot of songs. A girl worth fighting for from Mulan as an example. Disney really likes to make sure you have their songs stuck in your head though. It's like a rite of passage.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am so picturing the Inquisitor singing "Be Prepared" from The Lion King right now. It doesn't help that he's calm and has a British accent.

6. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    What about Zeb's watered down/ dumbed down immature dialog, is Zeb only 14 years old also.. what about the rest of the characters 5th grade level dialog? Are they all 14 years old also?

Seriously, the dialogue sounds like it was written by a 13 year old fan fic author.

7. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    I can totally picture Vader singing this to Motti just before he chokes him...

8. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    What exactly is your definition of mature dialog? Super serious all the time?

9. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jul 17, 2006
    Well I give you credit my friend for your honesty and that you don't take this silly cartoon for babies seriously.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Lol. Why are you even watching it if you think it's for 'babies'.

It's Star Wars. And you'll understand when you watch the next episode how dark and serious it's going to get.

11. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    He strikes me was one of those people who forgot what the original trilogy is actually like.

darthosaka, jcgoble3, Vthuil and 4 others like this.
  12. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    What are you talking about? The OT never had any silly moments.:)

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Is it bad I wanted one of those as a kid? :p

14. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    You never had silly moments when you were a kid? That is sad.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's also sad if you never have any as an adult.

All parents should have the following words come out of their mouths when their kids tell a fart joke at an extended family dinner:

"I know I'm the one who told you that joke, but save it until after your cousin finishes his hamburger and baked beans."

16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What if that Mouse Droid had a very dark and tragic backstory involving Wookiees ? 8-}

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    What if that mouse droid was a Wookie?

....Too dark?

darthosaka likes this.
  18. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  19. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Because Clone Wars was for adults? /sarcasm >.>

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks for making my day. :)

I haven't seen dramatic chipmunk in ages.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A Wookiee? No. An actual mouse? Yes. :D

darthosaka, Cevan, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  22. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jul 17, 2006
    Not if I can't pilot it. And BTW the hack writers really spat on already established technical designs. Since when can a giant 8ft sized Zeb and a 14 year old kid fit comfortably inside a cockpit of a Tie Fighter?
    I'd rather sit through an entire 2 hour Jar Jar spin off movie than a another half hour episode of this kiddie cartoon for babies.
    No, the entire Episode I through VI saga is a family movie. This cartoon, after viewing 3 episodes is clearly aimed at kids 11 and under. I have seen zero elements on this to appeal to older viewers.

23. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Someone hasn't seen ROTOM

24. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    I'd say the show is doing just fine striking a balance. It knows when to have fun, but takes itself seriously when the situation calls for it, (Ezra saving Zeb from Kallus, pretty much all of ROTOM). Seriously, it would just be weird if Ezra wasn't an immature kid. The fact that the rest of the crew get annoyed with him about it tells me that it's completely on purpose, and that's a good thing, it means people saying "man Ezra was annoying in Fighter Flight", is exactly what the writers intended.There clearly setting it up that he is going to grow as the show goes on, why would we want to start with him fully matured? There would be no sense of growth or actually earning it if he already was there.

I can't wait to look back however many seasons form now on the Ezra we have now and compare him to the Ezra will have then and be like "Man he's grown up, it was great watching it happen."

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Disney XD is aimed for the ages of 6-14 years of age. So, no it's not really for eleven and under. Like I said, if you don't like the show, no one is forcing you to watch it. You can turn the TV off.

Well, in regards to the TIE fighter this is a cartoon. So, why does that even matter?

A show with this many dark elements is for babies huh? You keep using that line. But it's really not for children. It's for people of all ages. And there are plenty of older viewers on here.