main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Naboo had a grasslands and the water/city area, right?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    There were the wooded areas too and some swamp land.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, I agree.

I'm glad they got Billy to come back and voice him as well.

4. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Someone walking across a bridge could be said to be walking across the sky.

[​IMG]

A Bridger could be said to be laying the foundation for "another Skywalker".....

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  6. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    [​IMG]
    I laughed too hard at this.

Cevan, credar, cwustudent and 3 others like this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Kentoa

What on earth is up with his eyes?

Kentoa likes this.
  8. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Lazy Eye variant. It will be worth hundreds some day.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like Jack Elam.

10. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
  11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Hilariously off-model action figures? They really are trying to recreate the feeling of what it was like when Star Wars was first coming out in the 70s!

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully (even though I'm a little sceptical about even more cameos) next episode will be good, and as long as Yoda don't feel forced into the episode, it probably will be a very good episode :)

13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe Kanan and Ezra give up being Jedi for some reason before ROTJ

Either that or the Story Group simply put storytelling and creating interesting characters above continuity connected to one line in ROTJ-Shame on them if that's the case:mad:

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  14. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I have to wonder whether Kanan, Ezra and the crew really do end up sacrificing themselves to get the Death Star plans to the Rebels. I have thought all along, based on what Filoni's been saying, that the crew will become more closely involved with the Alliance as the seasons go by. If that happens, it could help explain why the rebels still use the "may the force be with you" saying, while most of the rest of the galaxy scoffs at the jedi or force.

With Rebels rumored to be planned for only 3-4 seasons, I'd like to see them involved in that first actual battle against the Empire that's referenced in the ANH opening, and maybe sacrifice themselves for the greater good. It would be a sad ending, but really tie in with the first movie, and also prevent any continuity difficulties.

As far as Yoda, I wonder if he will appear to Kanan in a vision, or if it will just be his voice? To me, this makes sense, as Yoda was clearly able to watch Luke from afar, as evidenced by his "a long time have I watched this one" line in ESB. It's not hard to believe that he could reach others.

I also have no problem if they have cameos by Lando, Han, Leia, etc., provided that they make sense. Lando could be doing just about anything at this point, they could cross paths with Han easily enough given their underworld and smuggling similarities, if they're on Alderaan at some point or keep bumping into Bail, a teenage Leia could appear easily enough, etc. I wouldn't even rule out a cameo by Obi-Wan in a bar in Mos Eisley, if they end up on Tatooine at some point. I don't mind at all, provided that it is done well.

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.
  15. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Ezra could simply just go into hiding to protect his parents once he is reunited with them.

"I want to keep helping the Rebellion by my family needs me now...."

16. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    "That is probably for the best Kid. The Empire will never stop hunting you down and as log as you are with us it puts all of us at risk." - Kanan

17. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Reading all the posts I keep thinking back to a post I made in Kanan's thread a few months ago. Is Kanan actually a Jedi?

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/kanan.50018434/page-7#post-51869239

To summarize, after Order 66 he told The Force and the Jedi to go and stuff it. So, why is he still a Jedi? The new canon definition of "Jedi" according to Wookieepedia would seem to suggest that he still could be, but still, Kanan's past still makes it unclear to me. I don't think you'd find a single soul on these forums that would say Ahsoka is still a Jedi after she walked away at the end of TCW, myself included, and while some might say she had a choice and Kanan didn't, it's what Kanan did after the fact that shows he still walked away from it. To the best of everyone's knowledge, Obi Wan and Yoda stayed true to the path, but Kanan didn't. He purposefully tried to forget he'd ever been a Jedi and became a womanizing drifter who didn't care about anybody else's problems for years. Not very Jedi-like. People can call themselves anything they want. Doesn't make it true. Savage and Maul tried that and Palpatine made quick work of them.

So, then on the opposite side of that, we might say maybe he's still a Jedi, just a "fallen Jedi". Which is why I also say in that post that if they're intent on building the story of Ezra becoming a Jedi, then they also need to seriously pay equal time to Kanan's story and his path in becoming a Jedi himself once again. His redemption if you will. They do seem to be so far, which is a good thing. Given Kanan's background, this is a journey these two need to make together. And perhaps one day they both will truly be able to call themselves Jedi.

So then, where does that leave the line from ROTJ? If Kanan redeems himself as a Jedi and brings Ezra along with him then Luke can't very well be the last.

It's a good question, and a valid one, but I fear we simply don't have enough information to even guess. ROTJ is a very long time from now. Anything can happen between now and then. They may try that whole "from a certain point of view" thing that worked so well for Obi Wan, and try to more narrowly define what Yoda meant, or maybe Kanan and Ezra will go out in a blaze of glory or something before then. Or, maybe they'll both fail to become true Jedi at all, either scenario of which would leave the line as presented intact.

Much like Yoda's cameo to begin with, we'll just have to wait and see.

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Them dying in a blaze of glory, stealing the Death Star plans might be slightly obvious.

Ezra, Sabine and Chopper will probably survive. Kanan will no doubt meet his fate pretty soon

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'll be pissed if Hera dies!

Arroway and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  20. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Aw YEAH! Yoda is coming back in Rebels! And voiced by Frank OZ! I think Filloni is finally going to give us some good story finally for this show! Not even Clone Wars had Yoda voiced by OZ...first James Earl Jones, now this...

[​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Marcus Moore

Marcus Moore Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014

Filoni was pretty explicit in the article on SW.com that Yoda would be appearing in "Voice Only". He said he didn't want to confuse the audience that Yoda could teleport from planet to planet.

TheSilentInfluence and Cevan like this.
  22. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    So far, Clone Wars is still way better to me, though I admit I'm biased for Fleet Junkie love. I can see how Rebels may have more for the people orientated types, with the small family unit of the Ghost (though Clone Wars had some pretty good characters, it's just that they're spread out over episodes).

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Really I don't give two ***** if Oz or some random person voices him makes no difference to me same with JEJ voicing vader I don't care as long as the story is good.

24. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    BUT IT'S FRANK OOOOOOOOOOOZ!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I know but I still don't care I only care that they never do a young ha solo film because they can't use Harrison.