main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    for reals? that qualifies as a "personal snipe" around here? Maybe I do need a self imposed vacation for awhile.

2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well at least it isn't raining :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Hoping for some clarification. Just recently finished re watching all the episodes and tonight I'm watching AoTC. Now in Gathering Forces the Ghost Crew are surprised to learn that the empire have developed a tracking beacon that can track them through hyperspace and seem surprised at that notion. However, while watching Clones, doesn't Kenobi throw a tracking device onto the hull of Slave 1 whichever then uses to track them to geonosis? I'm watching the scene now and the slave 1 pops out of hyperspace shortly followed by Kenobi. This happens like 19 years before the events of Gathering forces.

Is this not the same thing? Or am I confused? Or is it something that the creators have just overlooked?

EDIT: As an aside the whole Kenobi/Fett fight and pursuit through the asteroid fields are one of my favourite parts of the saga. Despite the ridiculousness of seismic charges, they are just so damn cool!

Ananta Chetan and cwustudent like this.
  4. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Prediction about the season finale
    *The Rebel cells need to band together to destroy a Imperial Factory, manufacturing T-7 Ion Disruptors (The Empire bought the prototypes from Vizago)
    *They fail, and the Emprie use the weapons on the Rebels
    *The crew escapes just in time, after a battle with the Inquisitor
    *Fulcrum's identity is revealed in the final scene of the episode

5. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    The finale probably involves Ezra's parents. Maybe they'll die/sacrifice themselves or something because otherwise Ezra would likely stay with them instead of the Ghost crew. Whatever it is I hope it doesn't carry into season 2..

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah I think that they're stretching that out a bit too long. The explanation for what happened to his parents had better be worth the wait. Actually the conversation that he had with Sabine at the end of Gathering Forces, which it was well-written on it's own, kind of annoyed me for that very reason. So the ONLY reason why Hera didn't speak to him is because the writers wanted to keep the parents thing a mystery. Ok, they wrote in a semi-plausible excuse for that (he needed time alone to himself after all that he'd been through), fine. But then not two minutes later, he DOES talk to another member of the crew, and the conversation even concerns his parents, but it's ultimately kind of irrelevant. If they hadn't have had Sabine come in there, or if the conversation were about something else, it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do think Fulcrum will be revealed this season.

8. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    So did we learn anything new from the latest issue of Star Wars Insider ?

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Fulcrum is Ezra's parents. Two birds, one stone.

10. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Idk don't we only have a couple episodes left? I think they'll mostly be about Ezra's parents.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    we only have 3 or 4 left. so we will see.

12. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Who wants to bet they're reveal who Fulcrum is, right before the end of the Season Finale??

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am right there with you on it being the last scene

and if it is Ashoka Kanan will say

"Ashoka?"

podjazd likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe he only heard about her, but they never interacted?

Hera will probably be the one to say "Ahsoka"

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Or maybe Hera does not know Fulcrums Full name or real name

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Perhaps.

Or maybe Hera and Fulcrum do know each other by their first names. I mean, it could be possible.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It could be or maybe Fulcrums name is Fulcrum

anything is possible.

Also what the hell

Really disney really

18. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Story-wise, less is more in the case of a cliff-hanger reveal and ending for the season. You don't need to say their name, especially if it's a cliff-hanger reveal/ending...unless it's a character we've already met before in one of the episodes (e.g. Minister Tua). If it's someone from another series or a completely new character, you wait until you have enough time in an episode to do a proper introduction and provide some background. The simple reveal of their face is enough.

The classic hooded figure reveal would work well. It's cliche, but the kids and fans will love it. You have the character, hood down, head slightly down. Sabine says: "Fulcrum?" Character turns, pulls the hood back, gives a little grin or smile (maybe), and then boom, roll credits, end of Season 1. Pick it back up at that point in Season 2, and you can provide the audience with a proper introduction to the character. Everything is smooth from there.

If it is Ahsoka, then you need to add some shadows. Even in a cloak, those little pointy doodle-boppers on the top of her head will be a dead giveaway. You need to hide those until the reveal.

If it's a clone, you need to do something to distinguish who its. That might be difficult.

If it's Leia, she needs to be wearing the hair buns.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  19. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    This video makes me weep for the future.:_|

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    This is exactly what should happen. ^ Or they could pan up from the feet and then show their face before the credits roll.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    They're trying to make him look like Lumpy from the Holiday Special.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Because the Holiday Special is exactly what you want to be looking to for inspiration as a Star Wars writer.

darskpine10, cwustudent and Watto like this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They used Lumpy's sounds for him aswell.

24. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Nothing short of this can satisfy me for the Fulcrum reveal anymore (replace Nick with Sabine; Gatsby with Ahsoka):

"I'm afraid I haven't been a very good host, Old Spor'. You see, I'm Fulcrum." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011