main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'd personally prefer Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun or something from the Dawn of the Jedi era, but I'd be really psyched about a KOTOR series as well.

Darthgoodguy and Apophis_ like this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
  3. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    this is what i foresee happening.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  4. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    obviously, these are the best choices so far itt.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Actually it ends 134 years after RotJ ;)

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would hope there would be a mix of single episodes and arcs sometimes shorter, sometimes nearly a season long if they can pull it off more like how its done with season 4's last four episodes or the Maul arc so it'll feel like we been alot of places. I don't mind a breakneck pace and actually like that sort of thing. Lets just avoid forcing in a bunch of 4 episode arcs that make the season feel so short and limited. That's my biggest complaint with season 5 of TCW.

TreborSabreon and vong333 like this.
  7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree, while I liked some of the 4 episode arcs, it would have been better a couple of single and double ones. This made season 5 shorter

8. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    If we inspect Disney's previous boy's television programs, we see that they like 26 episode seasons, which I am all for in new Star Wars. With that, the hold on Detours means Disney is looking to move away from a light hearted, comedy centered Star Wars tale, so we won't be seeing something akin to "Ultimate Spider-Man".

Beyond that, Disney is a business, so I fully expect them to capitalize on the post-ROTJ era to act as a transitional piece between the original trilogy and the upcoming sequel trilogy. While I expect the exploits of Luke, Han and Leia will be its focal point. This will be the only way we can witness their heyday, as I doubt the new films will give them prominent action roles.

I also expect such a series to irreversibly shatter the Expanded Universe as we know it, but the Clone Wars already started doing that, and I had no problems then, and I won't now. There are too many events at this point that you cannot reconcile. Disney cannot cater to the books and established continuity we've seen, no one should ask them to.

Finally, I, personally, would love to see a return to traditional animation. I've always wanted to see Star Wars come back to the more traditional cartoons. Classic animation will always be beautiful. On that front, all of Disney's major cartoons are traditionally animated, will Lucasfilm Animation follow suit, or might we be in for a regression? By that I mean, Season One of TCW looks stale compared to the later years, and this series would be (theoretically) starting from scratch. So a new computer generated cartoon could begin looking a little stilted. And I would hate for that to happen.

Original Oatmeal and vong333 like this.
  9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So...wonder when we get this. No doubt it will be on a Disney affiliated channel. (hope not XD since I don't have it). I've got to see that new series with Plo Koon , new sandtroopers, and Sifo Dyas's lost lightsaber....are you kidding!!!! So amped up right now!

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I hope that whatever they cpme out with is new and they complete it, not leave it in the middle. I'm tired of half arse incomplete crap. This is star wars and we pride ourselves in complete stuff. Once you start down the other path, of incomplete material, the franchise as a whole becomes devalued and worthless.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW isn't exactly what I'd call light-hearted but I would hate to see a new show that's just grim dark for the sake of what's cool. That'd be ironic for a new show on the Disney Channel.

Original Oatmeal and Watto like this.
  12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  13. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Hmm. Could be a clue. Though why would an animated show have a TIE fighter on a crane? And are the wings unfinished, or is it inspired by the old Kenner toy?

More questions than answers come out of Dave Filoni these days.

14. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Perhaps they'll finally admit that the live-action series they told us about 7 years ago isn't happening, and the exact subject of it will be presented in an animated series instead.

16. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I think that we will get an announcement either at Celebration Europe or Comic-Con (Hope it's Comic-Con, just because I happen to be going this year :p)

17. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I suppose now the only question is where are they going? Since it is an unexplored era, it is either after The Clone Wars or after Episode VI.

18. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    A tantalizing glimpse into what Filoni is currently working on?

Well, we know that TIE fighters are associated with the Empire. If this drawing is in any way associated with the new, upcoming animated series, then I am inclined to believe that the series will likely take place during the Dark Times, as the Empire rises to prominence. It's also possible that it could still take place after RotJ with the heroes battling remaining Imperial holdouts.

Either way, it's going to be exciting. Looking forward to more teasers and actual news, be it from SWW, Celebrations, etc.

SithStarSlayer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The drawing looks like a proper TIE Fighter although the wings look a little small. Not narking the drawing just saying it doesn't look like a prototype. The way the TIE Fighters are hanging like that reminds me a bit of Force Unleashed. That doesn't really give the era away much . I'm probably completely wrong about this but TIE Fighters would likely be present or seen being built in the Dark Times but after RotJ unless the Rebels do what the allies did in WW2 and burn most captured enemy aircraft I don't see much reason why TIE Fighters would be out of service either being used by lingering Imperial activists or having been sold off for other groups to use. Looking forward to some news. That is the bulk of what those Kathleen Kennedy canned replies to letters said. TCW is Cancelled but watch Dave's awesome new show!

Darth_Pevra and Circular_Logic like this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This.

21. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Lol, I think it is pretty funny that all Fioni does is draw a simple sketch of a Tie Fighter and close to a hundred people respond with questions and he doesn't come back to post again. Funny how Star Wars fans will jump all over any type of information no matter how small it is. Him drawing a Tie Fighter doesn't really indicate Dark Times or Post ROTJ. They very likely could still be using Tie Fighters after ROTJ.

VanishingReality likes this.
  22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Isn't "after ROTJ" the same as "Post ROTJ"?:p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Hail_Pizza

Hail_Pizza Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2013
    I would assume this is going to be pre-episode VII because Disney has proven they don't care about anything in the Star Wars universe except what they're making (sequel trilogy). So I would assume it has to be leading into Episode VII and probably throughout the sequel trilogy to provide more in depth character development. And it would make since because in a lot of EU books, TIE fighters were commandeered and bought by other groups and used after the Empire had fallen.

Whatever it is, I'm excited. Because Star Wars.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If Disney is interested in making a bunch of character spin off movies with popular characters they can't all be in the ST era. The new direction is more about giving Disney a Star Wars animated show to brand that is not associated with Cartoon Network so they can plaster it all over the theme parks. I do suspect the new animated show is going to be ST related and Star Wars: The Dark Times, a direct continuation with the Disney logo in it is a pipe since they are eager start building the brand recognition. I am interested in seeing exactly what the new show will have to offer and how far alot it is, maybe it will actually turn out to be a surprise.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    While that could be a "Dark Times Prototype" TIE Fighter, I'm still banking on post ep. 6 show. Also? Entire arcs devoted to wrapping up what didn't get finished with TCW, Hi Darth Maul! Did you enjoy being tossed into carbonite after Palpy defeated you on Mandelore? Cuz now you're unthawed and no Palpy anymore!