main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I now have hope that the Ventress/Tano bounty hunting power team was a thing at one point, because those lightsabers are so modeled after Asajj's.

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    OK, so now that Fulcrum has been revealed. That is one mystery down, it's time for Hera to tell Ezra what Tseebo told her.

podjazd likes this.
  3. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    They are definitely angled. I agree that maybe they did have an adventure or two.

4. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

podjazd likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Compare that to this:
    [​IMG]

Its her markings that bother me. What I don't understand is how she had thick candy cane stripes in TCW that changed to thin zebra stripes in Rebels. I'd like to see an intermediate image.

7. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    I'd be okay with changing it a bit but they took it way, way to far. It looks like an entirely different character now...not one that has aged.

podjazd likes this.
  8. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    She looks a ton better now.

pepoluan likes this.
  9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

"They say she's the same, but she isn't the same."

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rip Ashoka looking like Ashoka.

podjazd and cwustudent like this.
  11. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ....and is it just me or does she now sound younger than she did when we last saw her? Son of a biscuit the thing I was looking forward to most in this series is just a total let down IMHO. :_|

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebels Ashoka looks a bit jarring from TCW Ashoka but I can deal with it.

13. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I think everyone here is kind of nit picking. As with people when we are young and age, we grow into our features just as she has. I have no problems with the subtle changes showing an aged Woman instead of a child.

14. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm wondering if the characterization difference for Ahsoka doesn't stem from the cameras they use during the recording sessions for Rebels. I read that they use the cameras to capture facial expressions from the voice actors, and if you look at the voice actors you can see their likenesses in the crew of the Ghost. Did anyone happen to notice if it was definitely Ashley Eckstein who voiced Ahsoka?

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This made me wonder, so I thought back to the youngling arc and whaddya know-
    [​IMG]
    Even her markings here are pretty damn different from those she has during the series proper. It must just be a Togrutan thing, where their markings slightly change as they age. It's probably a gradual change; her markings are almost unchanged from the first half of TCW to the second, but years prior and years later they're a lot different, while still more or less conforming to a sort of pattern.

16. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    I thought it was a bit jarring, but it also doesn't bother me as much as it does some of you. It's a bit weird looking at a person's skin rather than something tech-y, but this doesn't seem too different to the squat proportions of the stormtrooper faces or Vader's narrower-than-the-films helmet. It's all just the stylization they choose. And if you look at the actual structure people in Rebels vs TCW, it's all smooth lines vs hard edges. I think they just decided to carry that aesthetic through her markings.

jabberwalkie and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Ahsoka Ta...
    [​IMG]

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    She looks different now-- it was jarring, but not as awful as you make it out to be. Her eyes aren't as enormous, they are more natural now, she looks more like an adult woman and not an anime character. But I see what you mean, especially I know you're close to the art and designed some of her for Rebels. Also to me they made her look like Ashley Eckstein, check it out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here's where Ashley actually got MADE UP as Ahsoka!
    [​IMG]

TigerCraneFist and pepoluan like this.
  19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    EDIT: Nvm

20. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013

The style of Rebels is a lot different than that of TCW, hence why Ahsoka looks different. Plus it's been 15 years, and she was, what, 14 in TCW? she's pushing 30 now, and I'm pretty sure anyone around who's 30 doesn't bare a close resemblance to themselves in pubescency.

pepoluan and Watto like this.
  21. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Here is a video I posted in the Fulcrum Thread so I thought I my as well post it here.

22. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    I'm seriously squinting so I won't see these other posts. The episode is still not on the Watch Disney XD app. Is this usual? Or, if someone has found that it is up, can I get a link? I'm just continuing to hit refresh.

23. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Guys! In the latest recon we hear Dave say Ahsoka will be using her blades in season 2 and they are WHITE!

24. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    And in the recon vid, there are concept art A-wings!

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yep, that was cool to see more art and with her new sabers. Engelhast you should watch it they feature more shots of the concept art of Ahsoka, I'm cool with it now.

And there is a big Season 2 Rebels concept art slideshow at the end with some great new music. It was really cool looking.