main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. N00b32

N00b32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2015
    What always stikes me is the hatred former protagonists get, when they come back (like Ahsoka) and the love the antagonists get, when they return (Darth Maul).

Barriss also belongs to this strange world of antagonist identification.

2. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    WOW! With all the awesomeness in that episode, I think it was the space battle that was actually my favorite part. Space battles were the "pretty scenes" that I could kind of tune out in TCW but this one was great! My only complaint was that the episode felt a little rushed. In the Star Wars fashion, they could have begun with the crew approaching the fleet, thus dropping the audience in the middle of the action. I wouldn't want more content but then I think some of the scenes could've had some breathing room.

3. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Also, make sure you all check out the pair of Entertainment Weekly articles because Dave gives some pretty fun hints about Season Two, including other inquisitors.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I think they were chasing the March 2 date.

For it has special meanings.

5. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    Maul should not have been bought back.

Ahsoka should not have existed in the first place and certainly shouldn't have been around this close to the original trilogy.

Having all these Jedi running around during OT times doesn't work for me.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Hopefully that applies to her personality as well. :p

7. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    "StarWars.com: I have a bit of a continuity challenge for you. In Return of the Jedi, Yoda tells Luke, “When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be.” But now he knows that Kanan and Ezra are out there. We obviously don’t know at this point what will happen to them, but is that something you’re aware of?
    Dave Filoni: I don’t see it as a challenge at all. It’s what the Sith call an absolute."

Is this a reference to the dumb "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" thing?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Filoni does realize that it was Yoda who said that, not a Sith.

9. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Well, strictly speaking, Kanan never completed his training and therefore it's debatable whether or not Ezra is actually a padawan since Kanan might not have what it takes to train him. Perhaps Yoda doesn't consider them full Jedi, but rather force sensitives, as a result. Sort of like "psuedo Jedi", a bit like how in the EU a Dark Jedi was neither Jedi nor Sith. Or, hell, even like Ventress. That's my theory. Either that or they'll have to bite the bullet and die IMO.

10. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Wow. That episode...
    All sorts of awesome. I cannot say how brilliantly I thought it was orchestrated.
    And I think that circle theory that was mentioned in the last Insider is present within this first season of Rebels. Especially this the first and last episodes.

11. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    Slightly tangential, but I wonder what training Kanan still needs to be able to graduate from Padawan-level?

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka has white lightsaber to show us how pure and innocent she is [face_praying]O:)[:D]^:)^

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Heero_Yuy like this.
  13. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    How long's a piece of string? He may not have been fully taught on the way of the order or of the force. He may not have undertaken the trials. He may have been an older student like Anakin not log started his training much before Order 66. I there are any number of possibilities.

14. pepoluan

Feb 4, 2015
    Well, we can try find similarities with Anakin's and Ahsoka's experience from youngling -- padawan -- Jedi.

Anyways, if we focus on skills alone, do we agree that throughout Season 1, Kanan had shown all the skills we know Jedi Knights have? If so, I consider the basic skill training to be complete. The rest? Rules & traditions. Which is not essential.

Kanan & Ahsoka can together lay down new ground rules for the Grey Jedis.

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  16. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Anyone else hsving problems on Amazon? They episodes hasn't showed up in my video library yet :(

17. The Weird Side

The Weird Side Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 7, 2014
    The episode was okay, but I think it sets up a huge deal of problems in the larger scheme of things. Especially in the areas its already being criticized in.

My first problem is the reveal of the greater Rebel Alliance at the end. I'm perfectly fine with the Fulcrum - Ahsoka reveal. However, the Bail reveal is huge. He is either just under the leader of the Rebel Alliance or its co-leader. This isn't something he should be revealing to some small rebel cell that has a penchant for doing overly risky things that might lead to interrogations. With just Ahsoka we could have had her be the tie-in to the greater Rebel Alliance which hasn't still fully formed.

This episode leads back to the usual criticisms of the Empire looking weak. One of the big players of the Empire just got embarrassed this episode. Tarkin really shouldn't have been around in the flesh. Tarkin either should have sent someone who would oversee things to his instructions or simply given advice to the Inquisitor or Kallus. He should only have shown up over hologram or some other such communication. Due to him actually being there he now looks foolish for having presided over a significant defeat for the Empire. Tarkin is a Grand Moff, one of the more important ones at that, who is second in authority only to the Emperor himself. Getting out from under his nose in such a significant way makes the Empire look weak. If he simply gave instructions over holo then we could always chock up the loss to the incompetence of those who were there like Inquisitor or Kallus.

Now the final reveal leads me to the biggest problem. Darth Vader is now going to deal with some small time rebels. We had better hope that is some sort of robot or pretender there for intimidation. He is the one of their greatest military leaders. Someone who easily crushed the main Rebel army at Hoth. A tiny Rebel cell which is only made of 5 people(if you don't count Chopper) is way beneath him. Vader only comes out to deal with really important things: intercept the stolen Death Star plans, keep watch of the Death Star, and seek out the main Rebel Base. He being on Lothal to deal with such things is ridiculous. Our heroes can't even face off against Vader. Only Obi-Wan and Luke managed to do that and he wasn't even trying to kill Luke at either time.

18. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Ahsoka could stand against Vader. She'll at least last several minutes.

19. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Couldn't be happier with the direction the show is taking. The origin of the Rebel Alliance is going to be some really important stuff, and The Clone Wars fans will be getting some much needed continuations of characters story arcs. Season 2 is sounding like it could be the best season of the series, which isn't surprising given season 2 of The Clone Wars was one of the best.

Also, I'm glad to see that the Ahsoka haters are in such a bad mood. [face_laugh]

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Seeing still photos of that redesign, I really like it. And I also like the explanation for the White Lightsabers (that she's no longer a Jedi, but not a Sith either). Hey if having a Red one can symbolize that you're evil, then we can similar things with other colors as well (or non-colors in this case).

Also, remembering Obi Wan's comments about "things being true, from a certain point of view" from ROTJ makes the seeming "contradiction" in Yoda's message, well not seem like much of one. There seem to be multiple "outs" to keep Ahsoka, Ezra, Kanan, etc alive while still technically making Yoda's comment about Luke being "the last of the Jedi" true. Using vague dialogue from the OT to justify story decisions, well-played Filoni, well-played.

pepoluan likes this.
  21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Mod EDIT: Unnecessary

Darth_Pevra and cwustudent like this.
  22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Wow, overreaction much.

23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think it's basicaly confirmed now, Ezra will survive Star Wars Rebels :mad:
    FFS, I'm not one to get angry over Star Wars things but WTF now there are other force users during the OT ?
    ''Ah you see, Ezra doesn't count because he isn't a ''real'' jedi [face_cowboy] ''

sarlaccsaurs-rex and cwustudent like this.
  24. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm hoping Disney releases a season 1 blu-ray release by November. I know Disney can be unreliable when it comes to home video releases of TV series, especially blu-rays, but seeing The Lost Missions on both formats gives me hope. Some decent extras like a Spark of Rebellion commentary and a Rebels equivalent of the Jedi Archives models and storyboards would be nice.

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Will not rest until I have these action figures!!!

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.