main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Absolutely, it is an almost ludicrous number. His stupidity is a character trait by now.

Keeping him around is a huge risk.

2. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    "Constantly" means "every episode". Five out of thirteen is nowhere near "constantly". Not even "majority"

And in the "Fruit Stealing" episode, they were *not* on a mission. So, no mission to endanger. That leaves four out of thirteen. Which is still less than one third. Which makes it even farther from being "constantly".

3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Seriously, do people think that they're still recording and animating these things as the season is coming out?

They finished recording on season 2 before season 1 had gotten anywhere near finishing. They can't go "the ratings were down last episode, quick throw Lando in there,"

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    If anything is being planned or altered, it's the draft plans for season 3.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Actually they record a number of episodes then decide what to put in. Classic example is the Anakin/Clovis arc which was meant to be for S5 (The Droid and Onderon arcs were more fun I guess) which got pushed back to S6 instead.

While Dave would know when to drop Ahsoka or Vader episodes in a season too.

So they are more flexible than you make out.

study3600 likes this.
  7. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Yes and no. With TCW, many of the story arcs were somewhat self-contained stories, and the exact time/order that they played wasn't as important. However, Rebels is a far more linear storyline, and reordering the episode schedule is significantly more difficult.

8. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Don't take this the wrong way, but
    [​IMG]
    They record the dialogue prior to putting it to the animation yes. The parallel being drawn to TCW self contained story arcs being shown in a different order from production order isn't necessarily the norm or accurate to say that they decide what to put in. Many series have suffered due to showing episodes out of production order due to making the overall story seem disjointed, fragmented, and confusing which can also lead to continuity issues/errors within the show. Like Octavian Dibar mentioned, Rebels so far has had a more linear story than TCW had, which would make showing things out of order difficult as some of the episodes build on the story towards the season finale.

The take away from this needs to be that TCW had more self contained arcs of three to four episodes at a time, while Rebels is a more serialized story.

yellowturtle and Kentoa like this.
  9. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    It's bizzare how a bunch of the filler episodes kind of just clicked as non filler when the finale aired too.

________

ALSO here is the full Vader model that they will be using for Season 2. [​IMG]

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Whelp, he must be sick, he has lost so many pounds.

I'm not a native speaker so I looked it up.

Looks like you're wrong. If you are trying to discredit my argument by harping on the phrasing, you are doing a bad job.

With "mission" I meant the overal mission of instigating rebellion on Lothal. That mission was definitely endangered by the stupid fruit stealing.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    cwustudent, yellowturtle and podjazd like this.
  12. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    I assume Palpatines role in this show will basically mostly be to give Vader orders and stuff, since you know if they stand no chance against Vader, they'd be dead the second Sidious stepped foot on the same planet as them.

Despite this, Im sure he'll manage to steal most of the episodes he's in anyway.

Also I want a scene between him and Tarkin, just so Tarkin can call him Sheev. Because I want to hear it said on screen.

study3600 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  13. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
  14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Vader looks more sinister in Rebels than in the OT.

15. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Glad they didn't use his ROTS model. He looks like a bumbling big oaf for some reason.

[​IMG]

kubricklynch likes this.
  16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think that was due to Hayden wanting to be in the suit; the original plan was to have someone else.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I like how the face resembles the old concept art of Vader, with a more sinister look. However I think his legs look a bit weird, something about the boots seems off to me.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, he did get his legs cut off.

19. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    For some insanely funny reason, I want some poor Imperial officer to inadvertently remind Vader of his triple amputation. I just think it'd make for a heck of a scene.

Admiral Whatshisface: "My lord, I must protest your constant countermanding of my orders. In regards to my authority with the men, your are effectively cutting me off at the knees and I can't--URRK-URRRK"

Vader: *throat hugging* "Tell me, Admiral...what would you know about losing limbs? I am willing to provide you with an education on the matter." *ignite lightsaber*

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Heir to the Jedi, apparently there was a song called Darth Vader's Prosthetic Parts. Vader had the band sent to the spice mines of Kessel.

21. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    The third part of Dave Filoni's interview is up on StarWars.com, and well, anyone who was wondering whether Vader would show mercy to Ahsoka has their answer.

No. Very much no.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Triple amputation? He's lost all four limbs, some multiple times.

23. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    That's because the posture isn't right

[​IMG]

Anyway, I can't seem to put a finger on the tune that plays during the final battle with the Inquisitor. Sounds so familiar. Tune starts at 0:42 and ends at 0:47. HALP.

study3600 and yellowturtle like this.
  24. yellowturtle

yellowturtle Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2015
    I was mentally playing Duel of the Fates :p

podjazd likes this.
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm convinced that at 2:52 to 2:57 I can hear part of The Tide Turns from the Phantom Menace soundtrack (when Anakin is in the Trade Federation ship - relevant audio cue starts around 0:18):

yellowturtle likes this.