main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    This also maybe some were "in on it" remember Krell.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009

I gotta disagree. The Inquisitors are tasked with hunting down Jedi, they have to be quite skilled and powerful.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I recall Dooku's dark acolytes from Dark Horse's CW. These Inquisitors remind me of them, with their range of specialties. (Gargoyles' the Pack)

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But the first Ink was older then Vader so maybe Dooku had more then one Acyolite.

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Or another option beyond that and the children from TCW, is that the empire recruited force sensitive Young/adults into their Inquisition program.

Iron_lord and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    All of the above sound interesting imo. :)

7. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    I understand what you are saying and agree. Yes there needs to be a good in-universe explanation as to why their not in the OT. And yes killing them off would be the easiest way. IMO them not being in the Rebel Alliance is also a good in-universe explanation. Not every Rebel cell could join the Rebel Alliance. In the trailer Kanan said he didn’t want to fight with soldiers. So it seem they’re going in the direction of Kanan not being a part of the Alliance. Ezra will likely stay with Kanan. Hera seem to be all for it. So she might get killed. I can see Ahsoka becoming so overwhelmed with Vader on her tail (once he finds out who she is) that she could go off on her own in order to keep Vader away from any Rebel cells. Anyway these are just some thoughts I had. If they die and it’s meaningful and necessary for the plot I’d be okay with that too. But I am hoping Ahsoka lives awhile longer.

8. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Not necessarily. He could be meeting with the Inquisitor of his own free will. Maybe he's having doubts about the Rebellion or is disillusioned with something that Kanan* or one of the other crew says or does. Perhaps this inquisitor is a bit more personable and devious and is playing the "Join me and together we can change the Empire from the inside"-ploy on poor troubled Ezra.

I know this has probably been mentioned before, but I'm getting a Wizard of Oz vibe from her. Maybe she melts in water? ;)

In the Season 2 opener, Kanan expresses his doubts about the crew's participation with the Rebellion. Basically he says to Hera that it's not what he signed up for, and he doesn't want to fight another war, because he's seen what it does to people.

Ezra overhears the conversation and I think it's obvious that he's a bit troubled by the discussion. Maybe some set up for conflict between Ezra and Kanan?

9. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    I have no idea what the story group thinks about this. As I said, I'm keeping an open mind about the whole thing, including the possibility that the Story Group is going to re-interpret some of what was said in the OT. As noted previously, it's already happening with Rebels. I expect it to continue in various ways.

Oh now that's just completely silly. I'm not being objective at all, nor have I ever really intended to be objective--though accidents do happen. No significant part of this discussion is or ever has been a discussion on an "objective" view of her ending. This entire discussion has been based on our own individual personal preferences and will always be based on our opinions. If you want an objective viewpoint from me, ask me about the value of criterion-referenced assessment, or about the state of the CFR. But don't ask me to be objective about Star Wars characters. I'm a fan, not an analyst. I will nearly always give you my opinion or the facts as they exist in some media.

But let's remember, I've already previously admitted that her death in Rebels could have some meaning. I'm perfectly open to that possibility. I just see it also frought with missed story opportunities. Just like you see her survival into the Original Trilogy time period as a potential problem. If it helps convince you of my supposed "objectivity", I can start quoting my previous statements on the matter, but doing that kind of makes me feel like one of those sports stars that talks in the third person. ;)

C'mon...think about your question for a moment. I've previously stated that if she's going to die on-screen, I would prefer it to be a meaningful end. That much should be clear. So, why would I bother to give my "stamp of approval" for her end if I didn't find it to be meaningful?

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Oh, so you really only say yay to stuff you like and nay to stuff you don't like instead of debating in a meaningful manner. Good to know. Move along, move along.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  11. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Hey guys! If you check out the image names of the gallery on starwars.com's live blog of the "Rebels: Past, Present, and Future" panel, you can find out the order of the first several episodes of Season Two.

"The Siege of Lothal" is obviously 201 and 202. But the first two episodes of the regular season are the Rex/AT-AT story. Then the third episode is the one with the new inquisitors. Finally, the 4th episode is going to be the Hondo one (which I imagine will also include the B-Wing stuff; the rest of the crew needs something to do while Ezra fulfills his favor to Vizago).

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    arguing with someone else i see.

13. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    There has been a **** ton of arguing on this forum in the last few days. Not enough Rebels episodes to talk about IMO. [face_laugh]

14. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    It would probably still happen if there were more episodes. ;)

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's just what we do at LACWAC

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Are we ever going to see Vizago again ?

17. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I suspect the episode with Hondo has a relation to Ezra's debt to Vizago.

18. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I recall something about Palpatine's retreat on Byss he literally owned the world and populated it with dark side adepts and those he was "interested" in.

I'm not sure if that comes under Legends now, but it could explain where all these Inquisitors may have been held, trained and so forth?

Anyone suspect they're planning on using Korriban sorry Morriban sigh was it really that necessary to change that name?

Good_News_Nobody likes this.
  19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And in so doing explain how, why and what Hondo is doing appearing in the Rebels series!:D

20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think they will.
    Either Kanan dies, or captured, and Ezra goes off to "finish his training" (like Luke); difference being, it goes badly wrong and Ezra ends up going to the dark side. Yes, it is another fallen hero story, Anakin 2.0, but it's either this or the dies. It is impossible for Ezra to have any real victory against Vader without corrupting Luke's story in the OT.

21. Mr. Loth Cat

Mr. Loth Cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 4, 2015
    It's the will of the Force :p

jabberwalkie likes this.
  22. cunningj

cunningj Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    The idea of Ezra going to the darkside is actually pretty interesting because Rebels replaced TFU. It would make Ezra the complete opposite of starkiller. Starkiller went from sith apprentice to rebel. Ezra would go from rebel to Sith apprentice. It would also give what vader said to him an extra meaning about his master deceiving him. Imagine at the end of rebels it becomes true by Ezra falling to the darkside. Solves him existing in the OT because he would be kept completily secret like Starkiller was in the start of TFU. Finally if there was a seies after ROTJ it could be set up with Luke as the protagonist and Ezra as the antagonist.

23. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm really, really not a fan of another fall story. Dooku was a fallen former Jedi, Ventress was a fallen former Jedi, we witnessed Anakin's fall, and we saw Barriss go grey in TCW. I won't get mad if they go this route, but I would like them to go a new route. Also everything that we have been told in the series so far would lead me to question how this would even happen. Given how Ezra's parents apparently met with an "accident" according to Trayvis, and the mystery of Zare's sister of how she was never heard from again I would be much less inclined to think that this would happen.

pepoluan likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean Ventress was only a Padawan.

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Ok, a former Jedi Padawan that fell to the dark side of the force.........

Pretty nit picky there.....

pepoluan likes this.