main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Not to mention Ezra isn't even white. Kylo Ren is.

podjazd and jabberwalkie like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He does not look sithy which is good.

3. Mr. Loth Cat

Mr. Loth Cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 4, 2015
    This has nothing to do with Kylo, but on the Disney XD app, there is a 22 minute season 1 recap narrated by Kanan. It didn't really provide any new information, but the POV made it interesting. I kinda like it.
    I believe it was made available yesterday.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  4. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Yup.

If anything, it kinda further cement the relation between Kanan & Hera, because of that "married couple" pose was very obviously out of sequence with the rest of the recap. Plus Kanan's voiceover of "buuuut I might be biased."

Mr. Loth Cat likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Lol, like I am the only one who saw it. It's all over the internet.

6. Starsaber49

Starsaber49 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2015
    Yo know, talking about character we might see again in Season 2, how much do you want to bet that Erza and Zare are gonna cross paths a few more times before this series is done? I actually really dig Zare from what we saw of him, and the potential with his story intrigue me. I'm still consider getting the books.

cwustudent and Mr. Loth Cat like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Please show me these sites I want to explain to them why they are wrong.

8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    ****ing google them.

Last time I must have missed the scene where Vader's body vanished, because there was nothing of the kind on screen. I also wonder why Luke would drag an empty armor around when he desperately has to escape the station.

But no, it HAS to be just his melted mask and the looking like the skull thing has to be the mask. :rolleyes:

No tolerance for differing opinions here.

9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I googled for some sites but I found nothing. [face_dunno]
    Really, I don't see a skull in Darth Vaders helmet. Before the teaser hit, there was a teaser description by Star Wars Underworld where they said that a skull is in the helmet. I really keep an eye on the helmet every time I watch the teaser, but I can't see a skull.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
  11. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I read that articles but that doesn't change anything to me.

The first and the last article are saying "skull" while they actually mean the burned helmet. And the second article only says "Darth Vaders' helmet with possibly his skull inside".
    I still see no skull in the Vader helmet.

Also I think we're going off-topic.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Fair enough. If you don't see it, you don't see it.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Because he did not vanish until after his death which was on the Shuttle so he was dragging his father around at that point.

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    What? Vader died at the lower end of the shuttle ramp. You're suggesting that Luke dragged an empty armor up the ramp and then held a burial for the armor. Not to mention that at the burial it looked like the armor was still filled with a body.[face_dunno]

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering how much of Vader was artificial - it doesn't automatically follow that there would be all that much "sag" in the body at the cremation.

It's also worth keeping in mind that "Vader losing consciousness and stopping breathing" doesn't have to equate to "Vader is instantly dead".

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    As you say, differing opinions. I have no issue with Luke burning empty armour. We never saw Anakin disappear but it doesn't mean he didn't. The charred mask does look to have part of his skull remains within it but it doesn't make sense with RotJ.

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why wouldn't it make sense, Cushy? Qui-Gon's body also didn't vanish, force magics are not always consistently portrayed.

@ Iron_lord
    Oh boy, there simply was no vanishing on screen, alright? So please don't pretend like it happened, that's not how movies work. And we know what is flesh and blood of Vader, because there are screenshots of it.

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I didn't say there was but I don't need to *see* everything to draw a conclusion.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    But how the newcanon works - is that books are on the same level as movies. At least in theory. And a newcanon book - Star Wars in 100 Scenes - says Vader's body faded away. Offscreen - but it happened, at least if you believe that all this newcanon Story Group stuff is true.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It is possible that he
    vanished while on the shuttle.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You know what the truth is? The truth is that Lucas probably never intended for Vader's body to vanish, so he filmed it as if it didn't. We saw his death and he didn't vanish. Them's the facts. It is only Star Wars typical revisionism introduced by the self-proclaimed authority why people think the opposite could be the case.

But why should Abrams care about the revisionism? Why wouldn't he put Vader's mortal remains, his skull, into his movie if he wishes so? There is nothing in ROTJ that would forbid him from doing so, only the revisionist dogma.

The fandom could do with less dogma sometimes.

I don't believe in editing, in Shelly Shapiro. Editing in the old EU sucked and why should it have changed so much?

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just hope he does not because that is a clear continuity error.

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    You may declare that as blanket fact but it doesn't mean it is. We disagree. It's okay.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup- Lucas is the self-proclaimed authority, in this case:

http://forum1.aimoo.com/thehomepage...d-Anakin-disappear-when-he-died-1-875118.html

According to Pabs on hyperspace today, George Lucas insisted that the starwars.com databank and the encylopedia state that Anakin disappear.

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yea, that's the guy I meant. And he wasn't even the ****ing director of the movie.

Having Luke cremate an empty armor would be the greater faux-pas for me.