main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I know right! I have already watched "Fire Across the Galaxy" like 200 times but I need something new. :D

2. Mr. Loth Cat

Mr. Loth Cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 4, 2015
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Quick lets find something to complain and pick at and talk about how much we dislike that 5 second clip!

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, the Arquitens cruiser is back so...Yippee!

5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Clip wasn't long enough. It's obvious that Filoni and Disney don't care about the fans, or else they would have extended the clip by two seconds. Filoni should be replaced by someone who will provide longer clips.

6. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    The fact that Gary Whitta is writing for Rebels gives me hope that Rogue One characters will show up in Rebels and NOT the other way around. Rebels characters showing up in Rogue One takes away the rest of the series' tension. But we already know the Rogue One characters will make it through to their own movie so it's just like having Lando or Vader show up.

7. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Saxman what have you done with Octavian?

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Unless Rebels has finished by then. It might not get beyond a 3rd season.

Knight Wolf likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

This will become a runnig joke soon around here.

10. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    A possibility for sure. The timing would be about right. Even if Rebels went longer than 3 seasons they could still pull it off. Season 3 finally, then a few months later Rouge One, and a few months later premier of season 4. Yes, I know that would push Rebels into the OT but I’m open to that possibility so long as it’s done right. But I’m also open to Rebels ending with leading into Rouge One.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I think it ending right before rogue one would be fine and they could well get beyond a 3rd season of rebels and still end before Rogue one.

Knight Wolf likes this.
  12. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I can honestly see them running Rebels up until the start of the OT, then starting a new series with brand new characters set in the post-OT period (but before Episode 7). Not a sentimental approach just pushing what's hot.

13. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    They could but only if they really pushed it. And since they’re waiting until fall to start into the regular season 2 episodes I’m not sure they will. Of course I am assuming all subsequent seasons will be a full 22 episodes. If that’s not the case, then maybe we’ll see the season 4 finally in early Dec 2016.

In all honesty, the thing I’m hoping for the most is that Rebels gets a good run and finishes with a proper ending.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Gezz a whole page of users ganging up on another user? (A user with a valid criticism I may add.)

Real mature people...

What's the purpose of a forum if discussion always has to be a strokefest?

I like rebels but it is by no means without flaws. The plot armor on the ghost crew is extremely noticeable, worse than a commanding officer in a call of duty campaign.

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    sarlaccsaurs-rex

I'm personally not expecting the entire ghost crew to survive Rebels. But I do think that as Rebels continues things are going to get tougher for them, especially now that Vader will be appearing in the show etc.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I agree, and that should be interesting. I'm simply stating that almost a whole page was Bashing Pevra'opinion. (Not you, others were)

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Sabine, Hera and Chopper will survive. Anyone else will die.

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Don't forget Ezra, they won't kill a child character in an animated show, and a main character like Ahsoka in TCW so him dying is extremely unlikely. But I suppose Zeb, Kanan, Ahsoka and the clones are fair games now.

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    My prediction?

The first one or two episodes Vader will kick the rebel crew's butt but without anyone of importance dying.

Then, after he's finished with Lothal, he delegates the job of keeping the peace in that star region and the hunt for Jedi to shark-head and mystery woman.

The show then goes on in its usual pattern. The Imperial war machine is filled with paper Star Destroyers, Stormtroopers and AT-ATs. The Inquisitors are ineffectual, just like Kallus. The rebellion gets more and more of a foothold in the galaxy thanks to the great and wondrously lucky ghost crew.

Three-four episodes will be devoted to the backstory of the ghost crew members and they'll hopefully become more interesting.

Bossman Vader has to return in the finale. Everything goes to ****, and through the ghost crew's valiant struggle can the innocents on planet Yadda escape certain doom. But then bossman Vader fights Kanan and Ezra and Ahsoka sacrifices herself so that they can survive.

Kanan and Ezra survive the entire series because they go into exile at the end. "It is not the time for Jedi". This was already implied in the Season 2 trailer, 'cause Kanan is unhappy and doesn't want to fight for the rebellion. So they'll get another job of helping the honest people on planet Yadda. Door open for a possible reappearance after ROTJ, which will happen if (and only if) Filoni gets to make the next cartoon set between VI and VII.

21. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    That does sound plausible. I guess Filoni might be happy enough with Ahsoka dying as long as she gets a Very Heroic Death with much fanfare and adulation and teary-eyed gratitude from everyone else...

cwustudent and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think even he knows deep down that he has to sacrifice at least one of hie babies.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and jakobitis89 like this.
  23. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah. Ahsoka dies (so people who DON'T like her are happy) but she goes down swinging and heroic (so the people who DO like her are happy.) Her story ends up with a proper beginning, middle and ending, which is much better than trying to convince us that she was like, totally super-important... behind the scenes where no-one ever mentioned her. I think the ending she got in TCW where she was basically off to find out who she was if NOT a Jedi would have been a perfectly good place to leave her for good... but she's back now. Let's at least make her relevant and not just back because they can.

24. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    Wrong assumption there; count me out of the number of people, the odd one, who do like her but not happy to see her die; irregardless whether it's a heroic death. *shrug* To me, her relevance would be her efforts to build up and support the various cells in the rebellion. Candidly, I'm at the lowest point in RL for some time now and the discovery of this char has somehow sparked life for me; hope. I guess I'm tired of seeing the same gloomy doomy chant; she has to die (x several hundred thousands). She has to die, die, die. I'm out of here.

25. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    I am not one who actively WANTS her to die but I am really struggling to work out what else there is to do with her after Rebels is over. We know Vader is back from his trip to the Outer Rim, so is Tarkin by the beginning of ANH, so whatever happens in Lothal has already been and gone. We know that she doesn't involve herself at all with the training of Luke, and we know she doesn't have any further importance to Vader in the actual OT period, because we've already seen that play out. So what is there left for her to do? How can she actually remain relevant?

I don't necessarily think that no longer relevant should automatically = dead but it does make a certain amount of sense for her to check out with style. To really make a difference before she goes. It's going to be messy enough trying to justify why two Jedi (alright one Jedi and his Padawan) are floating around the galaxy totally unmentioned, much less Vader's own ex-Padawan as well. Which is why I did note I thought that the ending she got in TCW was perfect: she's out being her own person, doing her own thing. Bringing her back and making her a Rebel ties her into the storyline of the Rebellion itself... and logically that story now has to reach a conclusion.

Iron_lord likes this.