main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Ironic post is ironic. This place is anything but an echo chamber as there are dissenting opinions in a lot of places, but it isn't like those that hold either position haven't dog piled on to an individual poster before. Not saying that's right, but I am saying it isn't like it hasn't happened before.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Darth_Pevra I think you have it exactly on what will happen for S2.

Though I don't see much in the way of fan demand to see Ezra and co again. Certainly no where near on the same level as Ahsoka in TCW. Which if I think about it, in some respects the endings in both shows for both are very similar.
    I also don't see Filoni getting a 3rd chance either.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    If the show actually ends around the same time as a A New Hope Ezra will not be a child. He'll be 19 same age as Luke.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But they will kill a 19 year old perfect

Just kidding Ezra has grown on me.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Regarding Darth Pevra 's predictions on the opener, all of these points have basically already been confirmed by articles, interviews, and the spoilers presented by those who pre-screened the S2 opener.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I still don't think they will kill him. I can see an open ending (although frustrating) like with Ahsoka in TCW or he turns to the darkside after Kanan's death for example.

7. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    I could of sworn someone said in an interview that an Inquisitor was supposed to take a notable characters life this season tho obviously they didn't say who.

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I've grown to like Ezra. During TCW's run, I had a neutral opinion on Tano, just sayin'. Given time, Ezra will grow on the audience, and he'll have his share of fans; it took time for ppl to appreciate Ahsoka, as well. It took, like, three seasons for her. Bcs TCW was the only major SW project at that time, ppl noticed her. Contrast with Rebels, I think Ezra and the others will eventually be overshadowed by the new films. Too bad, too, bcs I think they're just as compelling, if not more, than Ahsoka.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think it's best to assume all bets are off. Personally I wouldn't be opposed or surprised if Ezra did die just perhaps not at the timing or media most expect. :p

10. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    Ezra has grown on me and sort of hasn't. He is a good written character, but also a very pathetic character to the point it's almost depressing, because at least Ahsoka at his age could fight. This dude doesn't have any training and pretty much gets beat in every other scene. At the same tho if I saw Ezra kicking Vader and the Inquisitor's ass in lightsaber combat with as little training has he has I'd be pissed. I guess I'd like to see him become more of a badass, but at the same time, not on the level where he could stand against Vader at least because that would be too much.

11. KaminoPalomino

KaminoPalomino Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2015

Wouldn't that explain it, though? Ezra has only recently begun his training, whereas Ahsoka had years of training before becoming a Padawan (I think).

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think it will boil down to are they movie characters or characters just created for the specific media. Movie characters are guest stars on the cartoon show, but will cartoon characters be guest stars in a movie, that is the question. Same issue goes for the comic book created characters or characters in the novels, will they actually appear in other formats or just created specifically for each of the mediums and never heard from again.

13. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    I understand perfectly that's why, but It's why I dislike the character as much as I like the character. Haha It's a mixed bag.

14. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Can't really blame the kid too much. He's spent his entire life running from trouble and got no real combat training. Whereas Jedi, even in their early teens, are taught how to stand fast in the face of danger and are given basic combat training. Personality-wise, Ahsoka is also kind of naturally more of a alpha wolf in comparison to Ezra.

Danifae and jabberwalkie like this.
  15. KaminoPalomino

KaminoPalomino Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2015

Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood. :)

16. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I still think Ezra would have been better off sticking with his street thief shtick and using the force to help him with that - mind tricks and distractions and using it to dodge and run away instead of turning into standard, face-foe-with-lightsaber Jedi. A trickster instead of a duellist, maybe.

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Saw what you did there...

[​IMG]

18. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Nice art but the comparison to an alpha wolf rather falls flat, Dibar.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Ahsoka is more of a monkey.;)

His raw Force ability was quite impressive for someone that was not awakened by someone else, Anakin had Jinn( although Anakin seems to have been using the Force earlier to some degree prior and Anakin had some knowledge of Jedi before Jinn arrived) and Luke apparently never and he had Obi Wan. Leia was awoken by Luke at the end of ESB and again after he told she had the Force in ROTJ. Ezra seems to have been using the Force to survive for some time prior to Kanan showing up. Even how he opened the holocron, it was unclear whether he consciously opened t, or he blanked out and his subconscious took over and naturally the Force but either case, he was not truly surprised and he never acted surprised about the Force or his abilities.

20. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    Isn't there a concept design of Ahsoka and an old Rex riding on giant direwolves for Star Wars Rebels from Celebration?

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Ezra's stealing Bran Stark animal control powers and Tano and the Clones are the Stark's family pets riders. :confused:

22. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Yes, there was. If it's not been posted on the official site, I may have a photo of it.

Kentoa likes this.
  23. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Well, I was going to say alpha male, but figured that someone would end up offended by that term. Can't please everyone I suppose.

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  25. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

With no one to tell him no, Filoni might actually finally get his dream in the show.