main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll have to disagree with you on that perspective. Ahsoka is more widely appealing to everyone; which is why Filoni and company carried on her story into Rebels. And the fact that she was Anakin's Padawan, well that brings it to a whole other level. I really doubt at this point most viewers of the Rebels series are quick to identify Ezra as "our guy". We still don't know that much about him, or where he belongs in the SW universe as a whole. And Rebels isn't only about him, it's about the entire Ghost Crew; who itself is part of the larger rebellion. The thing that made TCW the award-winning show that it was, it had different character arcs throughout the series, frequently abandoning the "main" characters altogether. It put a human face to the clones (sorry, but Obi-Wan calling a clone by his first name in ROTS doesn't count).

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think Rebels is just about Ezra, nor should it ever become The Ezra Show. One thing I like so much about it is that it does not have just one main character. It has several, almost all of them interesting in their own right, none surpassing the other.

...although if the dialogue remains as atrocious as it was in the season 2 premiere, I'm going to like it a lot less.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    By that statement I'm sure you're trying to suggest TCW was centered around Ahsoka, which of course it was not.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your repeated attempts to pick a fight with me are noted, but no, I was commenting on Rebels--the topic of this thread--and the posts about Ezra as the "point of view character."

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You said, "the one reason I like it so much is because it doesn't center on one character". So we're to assume that remark wasn't a reference to "......unlike that other series"?

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Then I'll take the non-answer as a "no".

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Is anyone here in favor of having Ezra as the "point of view character" of the series? Or having the series focus on one of the other characters as THE main character?

Or are we all in general agreement that having an overall focus on the Ghost crew is best?

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    To be honest, if they got rid of all the ghost crew members except Kanan I'd be perfectly fine.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Fine, than I'll apologize for assuming that your suggestion on liking Rebels because it doesn't focus on a single character has anything to do with the way the characters on TCW were portrayed.

11. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Then you’ll have people complaining that it’s become The Ahsoka show.

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Give it a year and Rebels will probably become

Ahsoka VS Vader: Dawn Of The rebellion-featuring the crew of the ghost

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know you're being facetious with that post, but only taking it from an alternate perspective, what Rebels does so well is that it has something for EVERYONE. For those among us that have yet to be overly ambitious about what stories the Ghost Crew will find themselves in, we still have the long awaited Ahsoka/Vader confrontation to look forward to.

Knight Wolf and SilentGuy66 like this.
  14. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I'm still waiting for the show to have something for me. But I'm sure you were generalizing with the "something for everyone" comment.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was generalizing. If you don't like the Ghost Crew, and didn't care for Ahsoka's story through TCW, then you're right; you would be waiting for Rebels to have something for you.

16. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I was watching a rebels episode today when my brother, whom has never seen the show, came in and started asking who everyone was supposed to be to which I replied without thinking....

"That's Kanan, the only character in this show worth caring about, the rest are all crap":eek:

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Again, I think it's unfair to speak so harshly about the characters when we really don't know too much about them. It took five seasons of TCW for many people to come to terms with how they felt about Ahsoka; much less the other new characters introduced in the series.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Dunno, they had an entire season to develop these characters, about 290 minutes, that's about three movies in total.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well you could blame that on format. They've only lightly touched on Ezra's family. Kanan has the comics to fall back on. I assume Hera has the novel (with Kanan). Zeb has had some hints, and Sabine nothing. It would've been great if there was a feature-length movie where we get to see how the Ghost Crew came together. Kind of like the original Clone Wars movie where we see Anakin first being assigned his new Padawan.

Docgeo likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I cared more about Ahsoka after just half an hour the original TCW movie than I do about the entire ghost crew (excluding Kanan). I want to care about them but...........

I actually care about Hera in A New Dawn, however in the series she's just too self righteous

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd like to see how the Ghost crew came together, if not in a movie, in comic or novel form.

There is still a gap in Hera's story; her father shows up in both TCW and Lords of the Sith, where she is mentioned, and then she is in A New Dawn, but I would like more of her story than just "she followed her father's footsteps in leading the Ryloth resistance." Especially since A New Dawn does not take place on Ryloth.

podjazd likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I may be biased, but Ahsoka had a very likable personality; especially when we got to see her chemistry between Anakin and Obi-Wan. This morning I was re-watching the episode where Dooku was captured by the pirates after being chased by Anakin and Obi-Wan. They get stuck in a cave, only to be rescued by Ahsoka and her clone units. They brush it off as if they had everything under control, and the expression Ahsoka gives them is just priceless. Gotta love her :p

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    She's actually a lot like a teenage babysitter playing the mature adult. Dunno, maybe I could buy into it if I was younger.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I had some assumption that Hera was in fact the little Twi'lek girl that the clones and Obi-Wan rescued/befriended. Guess I was wrong.

[​IMG]

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm older than probably most of the people who post in this forum, so I think personality and taste have more to do with it.

I like Hera in the book and the show.

Ahsoka's Tano: I think Hera is in that episode, and may be that particular kid.