main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Yes, that´s Hera Syndulla.

2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I approve. She looks really, really, really cool.

I can't wait for this series OGMSIDOGOASFSUASHODAOjsd everything is making me so excited. At least I'll have the whole Clone Wars series to marathon during the summer as I wait for Rebels to come out.

Revanfan1 and Starwarsfan9000 like this.
  3. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I know what´s her name - Neilith Skywalker, the actual "Other" :) BTW, I think the controversy around new pseudo- Jedi isn´t that much about nominal title of the oder, but about existence of other lightsiders who could change dynamics of the "last hope" factor in ROTJ. But as long as Kanan and Ezra will die a gruesome death before ANH, everything will be fine.

4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

I LOVE the purple hair...this will most likely be my favorite character of the series - I'm calling it now. Just because of her appearance and that she wears Mando armor (whether she's mandalorian or not). I know those things seem superficial, but they'll make me predisposed to falling in love with her.

EDIT: Also, I love how the poster echoes the McQuarie concept even more but why no Kanan or Hera??? Especially since Kanan has been described as the "leader of the crew of the Ghost. Curious.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like the look of this Mandalorian. I wonder if she's going to have any connection or contact with Boba Fett. Why do I get the feeling that they're trying to set up the next Fett for the ST? :p Just kidding but I do like her design and I can't wait to get the introduction video for her so we can see a little bit of her personality.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Can’t be Boba Fett's daughter, as he would be too young to be her father. He would be about twenty-seven at the start of Rebels. She's probably supposed to be about seventeen or eighteen, or maybe even a couple of years older.

7. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Hate to say it, but I think we're looking for familial connections when the production team has been pretty clear there are none. For all we know, even Syndulla could just be a clan name and the relation could be distant (that's how Twi'lek names work in the EU).

Everybody wanted an opportunity to start fresh and tell their own stories with new characters; that was what Filoni originally wanted from TCW, and that's the premise of some of the best books and comics. Now that they have the opportunity to do it for real, I'm sure that's what they're going to do. Keep the saga mains as cameos.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I was thinking more like his future wife who he'd eventually have a child with and that child would then appear in the ST. I doubt that's who she is but the secrecy around her has me wondering.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm hoping for no more soap-opera-esque familial connections myself.

Revanfan1 and FRAGWAGON like this.
  10. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

I agree with the familial connections except for one...Hera Syndulla is definitely related to Cham. This is a direct quote that was released from Lego when the first 4 were revealed:

I don't think this means she's necessarily the daughter we see in TCW - or even A daughter of Cham. But, I don't think they would describe her that way unless it was a closer than "distant" familial relationship.

11. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
  12. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Wow, I like the look of the new girl! She doesn't seem like she'll be an uber-serious character, either, what with that smirk. And she's just a rainbow of color, compared to the Death Watch, huh? Highlighted hair, red armor... a possible pink helmet.... Anyways, looks good! Can't wait to see Hera, either! Oooh, and Zeb.

Edit:
    Well, my advisor from my school is named Sabine, but it's pronounced "suh-bee-nah". She's German, so I don't know. Just wanted to toss that out there, since I'd never heard the name before then.

Contessa likes this.
  13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Man, I was just looking at the rebelscum toy fair toy pics for Rebels and let me tell you I am stoked. I can not wait for the series. Theres one character that is male and appears to have a jet pack. Did anyone notice that? Does anyone know who it is?

14. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Sabine huh? Nice name feels very unique. Also I like that picture shown of her that reveals her name. She doesn't seem human to me anyway. Still don't know if she's a Mirialan like I brought up earlier which in turn was speculated from someone else but we'll see it would be definitely be interesting if she was and definitely would show them thinking outside the box.

15. green_typewriter

green_typewriter Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    What if Sabine can be interpreted as Sabi-(o)ne: an adorable combination of Satine and Obi-Wan?

I kid, I kid.

Dra--- and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Out of curiosity, just where is this image from? KOTOR comics perhaps?

And cool, the new Mando girl has a pretty good look. Considering she's probably a warrior and Hera's probably an ace pilot, the female half of the Ghost crew is shaping up pretty well. Not that I was too worried- TCW never really had any girly-girl characters, what with ace Jedi Ahsoka and master politician Padmé, among other strong female characters.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That reminds of the rumor of an Obi-Wan daughter/granddaughter in the ST. Please no, please no! [face_nail_biting]

19. green_typewriter

green_typewriter Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004

Ah, I'm just goofing around. I'm really excited for this show!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. LordGarthNader

Nov 1, 2012
    Some pics from the Toy Fair

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    This Asian Mandalorian girl is actually Sulu's (George Takei) daughter. This is all how Star Wars and Star Trek will all merge together under the leadership of JJ Abrams.

22. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I love the McQuarrie influence but the Disneyfication of the faces is regrettable. It's very boring.

Chopper is still the only halfway original and interesting character at this stage. Why is it in Star Wars the most real characters are the mechanical ones? :)

23. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I disagree. The only thing it can definitely mean is that they run into R2 and 3PO at some point. The rest is speculation.

24. LordGarthNader

Nov 1, 2012
    Side by side of the blasters held by the Death Watch and Sabine
    [​IMG]

Bliss000, podjazd and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't know guys but they look like a bunch of OT character clones to me.