main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Even with the fact that Ep. VII will likely take place 30-40 years after ROTJ most of the EU will still be overwritten because they will be making a lot of references to what has been going on. And if none of that backstory references much if any of the EU then it will be very hard to believe any of that stuff took place unless you choose to create your own canon.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It would be depressing if Chewie died in between ROTJ and VII just because a book said so. And the big three are really the big four, who the EU reduced to three.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd like a re-enactment of Sernpidal although I'd have to keep a box of tissues nearby.

And I think live-action might again be better than animated, although this is an area where I think Filoni is skilled enough; he could possibly make it look good and realistic in animated form.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Must not have seen EP 4 in a while they spend half the battle of Yavin trying to get their deflector screens pointed in the right direction :)

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Hey, I'm with you in feeling that there are some fine characters from the EU who could be featured in the ST. Give me Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo and an unknown new character in the roles of the traditional three-character lead ensemble and I'll be in GFFA Heaven.

That said, I'm fully prepared going in, knowing that it may not happen, and certainly, I don't want Arndt handcuffed in any way by the existing EU. Still, I can see no good reason not to take full advantage of what's already there. My best hope for some sort of compromise was for the powers-that-be to use the existing character templates, at least, by giving Luke a son and Han and Leia a daughter, for example.

But if this new series does take place between VI and VII, I see it as a chance to integrate these important EU characters with the audience-at-large, before we all rush in to the next film cold. It may seem like a long shot, given Lucasfilm's prior track record of only picking and choosing elements from the EU here and there, but this could, potentially, be the answer all who wish to see the post-ROTJ EU maintained in the ST have been hoping for.

6. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    This is great news... Filoni is a hero, and his work is the best in the series. second only to george himself. Filoni is a big fan, a nice guy, and always is in contact/enjoys talking to the fans. he's someone who I hope is involved with making SW for a VERY long time

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, you are right, I didn't watch it in a while. I don't want to watch the movies too often so they are still a bit fresh each viewing.
    Anyways, the X-wings went down pretty quickly if hit so I'm not sure how superior they really are.

8. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I agree with this, yet aren't the big three, or four, really the big SIX? Artoo and Threepio are more integral to the over-all saga than even Leia, Chewie and Han are. Notice I didn't say more than Luke.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think they had their deflector shields angled forward and so were vulnerable when taken out by TIE fighters that "came from behind."

In the film, Red Leader says to angle their deflectors "double front" or something like that. They might not have had a rearward deflector (or it might have been substantially weakened).

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Its actually the big SEVEN because of Lando Calrissian. Seriously, no love for Lando?

11. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Lando was the worst character of all Star Wars movies
    For me he should of died escaping the death star to of made him worth while.
    All he did was what Han couldnt cos he was frozen or on Endor.
    He stole his clothes too

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    He did originally, I believe. The Falcon was destroyed too.

the-jedi-prince likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    For your sake sir.... I would strongly advise you do not so much as utter this at a convention.

14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    :(

I love Lando.

15. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    I cant help it i really dislike everything about him and the fact he survived the death star explosion makes me detest him even more.
    He had a purpose and didnt fulfil it movie wise.
    If he died he'd of been AWESOME, he didnt so he's NOT AWESOME

16. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    And he didnt even bother to dress himself consistently, check out the part where Han says take the ship.
    His chest belt is one second one side the next the other.
    Poor all round and i believe he left poor old Lobot to a bad fate. check the deleted blu ray out. lol

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love me some Lando.

I never paid attention to his clothes other than the cape.

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  19. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
  20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Even Darth Vader loves Lando!

[​IMG]

21. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I agree, never liked lando never will... Never saw any appeal in the character whatsoever

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I hope Filoni ****s up especially bad with this one.

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This deal is getting worse all the time.

TaradosGon likes this.
  24. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    You're too right about this! Can't believe I left Lando out! o_O8-}

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm tempted to play the race card.