main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Music Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Abrapork Lincoln, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Then I think you have to wait before posting again.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. The rule is don't double post if you can still use the edit button in the time the edit is allowed. Otherwise you need to wait until someone else posts after you or until more then a day has passed until you can double post like that CloneGunnerCommanderJedi .

3. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001

Thanks makes sense now.

4. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
  5. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Apparently an alternate Steps Into Shadow music cue was released on StarWars.com at some point: Kanan's Revelation

6. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    StarWars.com music cue for Imperial Super Commandos: Rau Abandons Sabine. Bit of an odd choice, there were so many better tracks they could have released for the episode but a lot of it did seem reused, I guess.

7. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    I feel terrible that I never realized there was active conversation going on about Rebels music! I stopped looking for those kind of conversations halfway through Season One, when it seemed like everyone was dismissing its worth.

The track "Cham" times out perfectly with the scene where the crew first meet him. It sounds like it was taken out, except for the final chord, which leads into the briefing scene.

8. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Ah, so it's mostly unused. (Just like the Quit it Already! track from Stealth Strike) I'll have to sync it up and see how the scene is like with the track reinserted.

9. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  10. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the music was on point this episode.

henryj95 likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Kevin Kiner's been nominated for an Annie Award for Twilight of the Apprentice, his first nomination for Rebels. =D=

13. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    They still haven't brought out that music for the 2.5 trailer which was fantastic nor the music when Vaders coming down on his TIE fighter :(

15. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    I think that was the cue "Ahsoka's Fate" which David Glen Russell had put up on his Soundcloud for like a day before it got taken down. Sithspawn, I wish someone had downloaded that while it was up!

Meanwhile, this latest episode of Rebels had a fantastic score. I don't think I've had chills that good since Twilight of the Apprentice! Anything with Thrawn around and that organ they use is killer.

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  16. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    OK, I am way behind on Rebels (surprise, surprise) --- haven't watched any of Season 3. With all this buzz about the music (which to me is one of the most important aspects of the films & tv series'), I listened to this track:

How is Kiner nominated for this??? Not only is it generally weak and cliche throughout, the cliche hits overdrive around the 1:10 mark with the cheesy synth percussion line. It sounds like something out of the climax of a Michael Bay movie. Sounds absolutely nothing like Star Wars. Still can't believe that the only person given the chance to pen Star Wars music for a series besides John Williams is Kiner. So many talented composers out there who could honor the path John Williams' paved so much better. Star Wars deserves better than Kiner. Nominating him for an award is so very, very wrong......

17. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    May I ask how you are able to require the HD page for these cues? I can only find the SD versions through the page source on starwars.com.

18. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Simply by searching ".mp4" (Ctrl+F) in the page source; all resolutions are there (no 1080p, though). Sadly since Imperial Super Commandos the music cues have only been put up in 128kbps rather than 160kbps, not much of a quality difference but it is an odd change.

There's more to the Twilight of the Apprentice score than just that one cue (just listen to the tracks on the series 2 soundtrack); personally I find It's Over Now to be the weakest of the cues that has been released and much preferred the alternate end cue Where the Sun Sails and the Moon Walks.

19. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    I thought it was good :(

Pain and Suffering likes this.
  20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I liked it a lot, as I do with most Kiner's work on this series. My favourite was "Maul and Ezra" but I thought "It's Over Now" was pretty damned good too.

21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm so glad they chose that music cue for this week's episode, I was literally hoping they'll choose this one. This was the stand out moment of the episode as far as I'm concerned.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    we again hear that 'dark side theme' that was introduced in TFA this episode when Maul walks down the hill to confront Ezra and Kanan. The tempo is slower and one or two notes might be pitched up, but it's obviously the same theme.

The string part at the very start of this is what i'm referring to, the horns are notably absent in Rebels:

Vorax likes this.
  23. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    If we don't get the music where we see Maul's shrine to Satine and the Darksaber in any way (through the episode guide or released by the composer), I'm going to be disappointed.

Larsonator likes this.
  24. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    YAY! I'm so happy. And sad.:(