main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Music Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Abrapork Lincoln, Apr 20, 2014.

1. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
    IMDB lists the The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra for Idiot's Array & Fire Across the Galaxy, I have no idea if it's the full score or just select cues; I'd guess its more likely to only be a few or even just 1 cue. I know for certain that You're the Bait! from The Lost Commanders was recorded with an orchestra, as its mentioned here and here. It really wouldn't surprise me if there's at-least 1 cue per episode that's recorded with an orchestra (budget permitting, of-course), and that these are Kevin Kiner's "favourites" that get put up on StarWars.com.

2. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017
    I believe the first 30+ seconds of the Sabine Suite is the music from the Geonosis jetpack sequence.

Sabine has had a leitmotif since Art Attack. It accompanies her whenever she does her solo infiltrating/bombing/killing. We hear it on Geonosis, and Concord Dawn when she's planting bombs on the Mando fighters.

It is repeated one last time in the Suite/Catharsis at the end. Just as she questions her own ability to lead her own people, the melody plays in the wind instruments as it has since Art Attack. But then Rau speaks and the music crescendos, her theme repeats but for the first time in the series arranged for brass instruments and then into the main melody of the Catharsis, but again with brass taking the lead over the strings. This gives it a military sound.

So I suppose her original leitmotif + the catharsis melody arranged in brass, could represent a grown-up Sabine at the head of a Mandalorian Army.

3. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    It's definitely the same theme but the version in Ghosts of Geonosis is much more action-y with a faster tempo and stronger brass. (Not sure if those are the correct terms, but that's what it sounds like to me)

4. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017

You're right, it sounds like there's a trumpet solo so it's more like the ending sequence to the Suite now that i watch the Ghosts of Geo with my headphones on. It's couldn't tell because I usually have to watch the show on a PC with tin can speakers but I can listen to the mp3 tracks using headphones.

5. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    The ending of the suite is the Sabine's Catharsis cue that was released with the episode guide for Trials of the Darksaber which is the music for the final scene of the episode. 00:44-02:25 of the suite is Sabine and Ezra's talk in Trials of the Darksaber (11:29-13:10 in the episode). But the first 44 seconds of the suite I've not yet been able to identify, but I've only checked Trials of the Darksaber, so it may be from another episode, possibly even the upcoming Legacy of Mandalore.

6. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Just curious, has anyone ever made a video of the ending of the Twilight of the Apprentice with "Where the Sun Sails and the Moon Walks" instead of "It's Over Now"?

Vialco likes this.
  7. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    I've seen at-least two on YouTube but they're not exactly great quality. I'll try my own edit of that later. (I already have it synced up but just have to edit the audio to the video)

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  8. Pain and Suffering

Mar 8, 2015
    Okay, thanks!

9. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  10. Pain and Suffering

Mar 8, 2015

Wow, thanks! It's pretty cool to watch the ending with both songs. I like both about equally, but I think I might prefer "It's Over Now" slightly. But I like the rise of music in "Where the Sun Sails and the Moon Walks" when Hera hugs Kanan.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hey CloneGunnerCommanderJedi, do you know if a particular piece of music has been released?

It plays during the Act 3 chase down the highway in Empire Day and I have been trying to find it for ages, but to no avail. It sounds amazing though!

12. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Sadly that's completely unreleased. There's only two pieces of music released from Empire Day; the music when Ezra returns to his tower and hears his parents (released as it plays on the menu of the "Complete Season One" DVD), and Glory of the Empire - the parade music. If you ever need to know what's been released just check this spreadsheet I created to keep track of it all. (I'll keep it up to date with new music releases, so it might be best to keep a note of the link)

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Thanks. I saw already that it wasn't in your spreadsheet but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case it was contained in another track or something.

14. Kexikus

Kexikus Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    Thank you very much! The spreadsheet has been very helpful :)
    I do have a few questions though:
    For some tracks you listed the DVD as the source and I was wondering where on the DVD those could be found? Or actually, I'd like to know where to find them on the Blu-ray but I assume it's the same place.
    Then I was also wondering if you know of a legal(!) way to get the Recon Missions music. And finally, I have a track called Imperials Incoming which was also listed in your earlier posts but I wasn't able to find it in the spreadsheet. Did you just miss this one or is there some other reason why it's left out?

15. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    The tracks from the DVDs play on the menus and sadly are not on the blurays. The Recon Missions game seems to at some point have been removed from everywhere so there's no longer any way to acquire the game, so no "legal" way to get the music I'm afraid... (I can just send you what I have of the music which includes the tracks from the games, if you want.) Thanks for pointing out the missing track, I've now added it.

16. Kexikus

Kexikus Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    Damn... I won't buy the DVDs just to get the music though^^
    If you could send me what you have, I'd definetly appreciate it. But if not I can live with missing out on these tracks.

17. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013

I definitely love "Where the Sun Sails and the Moon Walks" a lot more than "It's Over Now". It is one of my favorite Star Wars tracks in general. But I support the Rebels crew's decision to use "It's Over Now". I think it hits more of the right emotional beats in that sequence of the episode. It is a shame to see such an incredible piece go unused though. I would really love it if they found a way to fit it into another epic part of Rebels.

EDIT: Forgot to thank you CloneGunnerCommanderJedi for putting that video together with the alternate music and syncing it correctly too. Very well done!

18. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  19. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  20. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Darth Mahler likes this.
  21. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  22. Pain and Suffering

Mar 8, 2015
    I really, really love Sabine's theme. I've listened to "Sabine Suite" pretty close to every day since I first heard it (and that was several weeks ago). "Sabine Remains" was also a great piece featuring her theme.

I hope that the final soundtrack actually includes the entire "Sabine Suite" in the way it’s arranged now, with the prologue to her theme followed by the part where Sabine and Ezra talk, and ending on "Sabine's Carthasis". But unfortunately I have my doubts that we will actually see it on the season 3 soundtrack. I'm hoping at the very least that they will have those two songs separately on the released soundtrack.

ChefCurryWindu and TheMDOSS1313 like this.
  23. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  24. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm in the same boat. "Sabine Suite" grew on me over the past several weeks, and I've been listening to it everyday,adding it to my ipod. It's such a powerful and well done piece of music. Definitely one of my favorite Star Wars music pieces ever.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    nice, a little bit of Rogue One and ANH at the end there.