main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Music Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Abrapork Lincoln, Apr 20, 2014.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I won't pretend to have analyzed all of Williams' pieces in Star Wars, but I will say that emulating and borrowing themes isn't really what I would credit as being new or fresh to the franchise either. There are key factors to making it feel similar though such as how brass instruments play a large part in his music of the OT.

CIS Droid and StarWarsFreak93 like this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015

RIP Horner.

CIS Droid likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Sideburns' music!

CIS Droid likes this.
  5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    'tis beautiful.

CIS Droid likes this.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Has anyone posted this yet?

Seeing as it is cropping up in Rebels now that Rex has joined the Ghost crew.

CIS Droid likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    the cue from the last episode was essentially the music which played at the end of season 5 when Ahsoka left. Im not sure how I feel about Kiner sneaking in TCW music. We already have enough fan service with Rex and Ahsoka becoming important characters and Hondo making an appearance. We don't need the music to remind us of what we're seeing.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't think it's fair to say that's all the soundtrack does. It amps up the impact of significant moments of the story. Audio cues don't just serve as a reminder of which character is speaking, they're used when something particularly poignant or memorable is being done to get the audience more emotionally invested in that moment.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    of course, but i'm not speaking of music in general but the Clone Wars music being used in Rebels. It's nitpicky I know but I wish Kiner would either come up with something completely original or stick with OT music for Rebels.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    But I don't see the point of coming up with original themes for when they bring back TCW characters.

11. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Does anyone know if there is a video of the music that plays when Ahsoka fights the Inquisitors?

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    it's this week's audio cue sample, check the episode guide for future of the force. Someone usually uploads it to youtube eventually.

13. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Found it, thanks so much :)

14. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    it was obvious from the start for what scene we were going to hear this cue. I didn't think it would come so early in the season, however. We heard a lot of the Ezra leitmotif in this episode - i'm not sure what's the stronger influence at this point, Han Solo and the Princess or the Call of Duty 4 theme [face_laugh]

Devizz likes this.
  15. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    What an awesome score!

Btw, There is a track playing after Tarkintown has been burned and Ezra sees the smoke coming from the city. He hops onto a speeder bike to see what has happened. Anyone knows the name of the track? The scene I am referring to is from the 'Siege of Lothal'.

16. Seltraeh

Seltraeh Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2014
    Some of season 2's soundtrack has been released: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp3L9zKMsnMBCju98hIx26f49l3i8US-p

but i can't find the track for when Vader talks to Palpatine at the end of The Siege of Lothal...I haven't listened to all of this yet so it's possible it's there somewhere but I doubt it. Has anyone been able to find it? It's such an awesome rendition of The Emperor's theme I was really hoping to download it

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Seltraeh

I erred your thread with the Official Star Wars Rebels music thread. There is a good chance the music your looking for just hasn't been officially released yet. But I'm sure it will be eventually.

18. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
  19. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009

Friggin' majestic.

Although it differs considerably from normal Star Wars orchestral fare, it really set the episode apart. It almost sounds Bloodborne-esque. Apparently the music team got their inspiration from composer Philip Glass, who is worth checking out:

jabberwalkie likes this.
  20. ShiroxCloud

ShiroxCloud Jedi Knight

Jan 21, 2016
    Thanks for it. I was looking for it.
    I love this way too much.[face_love]

21. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    That track was legit. Some of Rebels' best right there.

Mia Mesharad and Dinos4Ever like this.
  22. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Ehhhh. It's admirable that they tried to do something different (ie not just copying one of the Original Trilogy pieces note-for-note) but it just doesn't fit the soundscape of the Star Wars universe and isn't very well developed. It's sounds like a track from The Fountain that out of nowhere decides to become a "big epic choir piece" in the last ten seconds.

23. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    God I love that track.....
    So haunting, mysterious, epic, and beautiful all at the same time. It isn't too dramatic either.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  24. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I also love that track, probably my favorite in the entire show. When it started playing in the episode I thought it was perfectly fitting.

25. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Can anyone link the 'Ahsoka's Fate' track everyone has been talking about?