main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN OFFICIAL Star Wars Video Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Krash, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_tristar

darth_tristar Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    Ok, Just got the Empire at War expansion pack and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I was playing a Galactic Conquest campaign as the Empire and I could not figure out for the life of me how to recruit the Super Star Destroyer, the Eclipse, or Mara Jade. If anyone knows how, I would be much obliged.

2. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    That's awesome! I'm going to have to try that out.....

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    For the super star destroyer, I think you can just build darth vader. He is a ground force, but in pace he is the Executor. In the orriginal he was just a starfighter.

As for the eclipse, I beleive that can only be used in the Zann campaign. Its in the last mission of the game, and it is stationary. I haven't used Mara Jade yet, I didn't even know she was in the game. :oops:

4. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    Hoosier, thanks for the tip on the SSD. I got it to work and it was Awesome!!! I haven't gotten Mara Jade yet either, but I know she is a character because I saw her in the stragegy guide. When I get her, I will let you know. Would love to see some Vong in the next expansion.

5. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I don't like EU, but Vong would be great. They would add a completely new style. Galactic Battlegrounds was always knocked because all factions felt the same. If they did Vong, it would be so totally different and cool.

6. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    Yeah, the Vong would be great because of the sheer difference of their technology and battle tactics. Plus, they are just plain evil looking too. It would be neat to see the Jedi heros up against them since they can't sense them through the Force.

7. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    FYI, it's official: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be coming to PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS, so no worries about missing out.

IGN Article (360 version)

8. GoldLeader74

GoldLeader74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Holly Lego Batman!
    Yep ..USA Today is saying that on the heels of Star Wars Lego , Warner Brothers will release a Batman virsion of the Lego games. Coming out in Qt 1 of 2008.
    Cool.

9. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I'm not much of a Batman fan, but I love the other Lego games and would consider getting it for that reason. I wonder if any other characters will included?

10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey just a quick review on SW Lego on the Wii.
    Great game play and lots of extras that they added for the complete trilogy . I found it a little bit easier then the other two. New levels are very fun. Has anybody played in on the PS3 or 360?

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just incase you havent herd TFU has been pushed back again till Aug 08 And every other sw theme game gets pushed back too. LF want TFU to be the biggest SW game to come out so all those other SW games for all the platforms get a hold put on them!!!!
    Stupid LF.

12. casey_the_hutt

casey_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    I know LucasArts is pouring everything they have into Force Unleashed, and I am giddy with anticipation. But I just cannot believe they haven't released a BattleFront for current-gen consoles yet. That game was amazing on previous platforms, and I thought they were very popular. I thought surely within the first year of the 360's release, we'd see BattleFront III. But here we are almost 3 years later with not so much as an announcement. Craziness.

13. GoldLeader74

GoldLeader74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I agree 100%

14. deepbluejedi

deepbluejedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2002
    Hopefully we'll see one at some point for current gen consoles. Also I hope that we get a KOTOR 3 as well. It's rumored right now, but no real word on it yet.

I hope The Force Unleashed is as much fun as Shadows of the Empire was on N64 back in the day, anyone play that?

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Beside Mario Cart, SOTE was the only reason to own a 64 in my book. :)

16. deepbluejedi

May 23, 2002
    I still have both of those AND my N64....but I hope SOTE comes to the virtual console on Wii.

17. casey_the_hutt

casey_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    That game was what helped rekindle my love for Star Wars after years of being "too old" for it (you know how you get when you're 16... too old for Star Wars, too cool for your parents, etc). God, that game brings back so many fond memories. The first playable Hoth level, the swoop bikes, kicking IG-88's butt, the music. There are points when I'm listening to the OT soundtrack that immediately start flashing visions of Shadows of the Empire in my head.

I can't believe that was twelve years ago!

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002

19. deepbluejedi

May 23, 2002
    The Hoth level was great! Loved opening the Wampa cages and letting them kill each other!

20. deepbluejedi

May 23, 2002
    According to amazon.com, which is pretty good with release dates and pre orders.....The Force Unleashed is coming out on july 29. I got an email earlier about the strategy guide coming out july 1 and the game on the 29th on all platforms. Also for those interested, they have the novel listed for release in august. You can pre order all these items now. Hopefully they're right about the date!

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    The new released date is Sept 16th

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Soul Caliber IV came out last Tuesday. It has Darth Vader [PS3] & Yoda [360] and the Secret Apprentice from TFU in both.
    Stunning game if played on a HDTV. Game play is so so. Its just like any other fighter game you have played in the last 15 years but the element of Vader and Yoda does bring a little bit of fun to it.
    ***/*****

23. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    for those that have a PS3 or Xbox 360, TFU demo is available for download. It just might be worth the wait!

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    OMG everryone.
    Look at this trailer for KOTOR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BjJaAA5A7w

25. deepbluejedi

May 23, 2002
    Star Wars - The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes for Wii:

Republic Heroes

Same style as the Lightsaber Duels game, never played it, but might appeal to younger audiences.

and

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron for PSP and Nintendo DS

Elite Squadron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.