main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL STARFEST 2005 DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I wont be making it down. I'm home for the night with no voice and a need for sleep. Plans all day tomorrow.
    I'm bummed I cant make it to watch some superheros. :(

I hope everybody has a blast! :)

2. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I was going to come Saturday but I felt sooooo tired from this stupid cold that I got on the way back from CIII that I was a couch potato all day. Hope it has been fun for everyone. Who/what won the costume contest?

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Had a great time yesterday. Got Grace Park's autograph and a photo with her and an autograph from Tony Amendola. Both seem to be great people. This was only Grace's second con so she really didn't know what to do and was really accomodating. Got some great pics.

Had fun but got a killer sinus headache this morning. Don't think I'm going to make it for the Shat man.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    *grumble*

Still trying to get Rachel out of bed. I advised her against taking nyQuil at 5am cuz I knew she wouldn't get up for like 7-8 hours. It's not looking good... [face_frustrated]

5. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    well i quess my dad and i are goind to be there in about two hours.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And if Rachel doesn't wake up in 5 minutes, so will I. *shrug*

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Ohhhhhkay. Um, everyone'sup and dressed, it's 2:17pm, and Rachel's decided she doesn't want to go. Something I could've been told last night, this morning...whenever...and I could've still made it up this morning to spend the day at the con. So, considering I'll only have 90 minutes there now, and won't be able to get in line for Shatner's autograph, I guess I'm just writing SF2005 off. [face_plain]

If anyone wants their X-Wing shirt before the next meeting, let me know and we can figure stuff out. :p

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    shatner is here...oh boy!

9. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    never mind for 60 buck my dad and i cant go

10. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Pics:
    http://www.stoneartgallery.com/sf2005/

If you click the little yellow warnings in IE and choose "Allow Blocked Content" you'll get a much better slideshow experience!

11. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    JK - was that your daughter as Leia in the costume contest? She was really cute! My nephew was the Sith Appentice.

Thanks to everyone that we met this weekend for being so great!!! I had a blast getting to know all of you!

I was so excited that our Panels were full and Darth_Nast_T did an EXCELLENT job! If any of you that I don't know were there let me know.

12. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Yep, that was my little princess! The pics of her with R2 were awesome! Can't wait to blow that up and frame it! Proud daddy!

My wife busted her butt to get that done on short notice and almost quit. My daughter was gonna cry so she finished it.

When she saw her with R2 my wife leaned over and said "It was worth it!" :D

13. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I have to say that I was really bummed that our panel schedule worked out so that I never got to see the Shat-man! I at least wanted to see him walking down the hall or something.... :(

Anybody get a pic of him?

14. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Shat-man????

:rolleyes:

15. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    My StarFest 2005 pics are now available here

16. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Stacy, I didn't make it to Sunday. Did Scotty Riggins suprise Shatner? Scotty is the guy from Invasion Iowa that was Shatner's stooge. Met him on Saturday. He is a great guy, really friendly. Had shown up to suprise Shatner, not sure if he pulled it off. They were planning on suprising him in the Main Events room.

17. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, there were several folks from Invasion Iowa that were present during the Shat-Man's event on the main stage.

18. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Really wish I could have seen that! Durn sinus headache. I was in bed all day :(

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Invasion Iowa was so cool. I watched it 3 times. LOL.

OK, actually, it wasn't cool. And I don't know why I watched it 3 times, but I did.

20. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    It wasn't cool. But it had some humorous moments. And I cried with all the people at the end. It really was emotional. And those people took it really well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.