main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ~Official Suggestion Thread~ New to Sci-Fi/Fantasy? No Problem!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Zebra3, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Asteroid Wars are actually a part of Bova's Grand Tour series. The Precipice, The Rock rats, and The Silent War make up the three asteroid books.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I was so close, Zebra, you would have been almost proud of me. I had that Forgotten Realms anthology in my hand. Only $15, five less than what it should be. And despite that Cunningham story starting it, I was seriously thinking of getting it. The thinness and laconic page format scared me off. It didn't look like a serious read.

But I have been doing research on the matter. Sembria seems to be a deliberately written starting point for entrants. I cocked an eyebrow at Cormyr. But a giant dragon? Please! :rolleyes: I met the shark race in Shadows of Amn. There was a wisecracking Beholder there.

So many choices . . .

I was considering Keyes' Charnel Prince, despite the audacity of the skeletal Rebirth . . .

What's Salvatore's best? Might as well microscope him. All I hear are rolling blade fights. :D

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    There was a wisecracking Beholder there.

I love that guy.

I will also recommend the Evergence Trilogy for anyone looking for some good sci-fi.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

If you can make it to the end of the trilogy, the revelation is an absolute kicker. Right in your face all along. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.