main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Official Summer Celebrations thread~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kit', May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Welcome Summer in the Fan Fiction Writers' Resource!

To celebrate the change in the seasons (and yes, we do know that some are currently huddling under blankets to escape the winter chill), we've decided to throw a week of celebrations!

You might have already noticed a couple of small changes to the forum (*hint* revised FAQ and index), but during the week there will be more threads, challenges, games and competitions, as well as a new name and banner! We're also have a couple of surprises to spring on you later in the week.

In the meantime, I'd like to invite you into this thread. Speculate, discuss and put on your togs, or a couple of extra layers.

The Bar is now open!

2. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Puts Orlando Bloom behind the bar, grabs a hot chocolate and carefully wraps her cold stiffened fingers around it. Disappears into the back of the room with a blanket and falls asleep in front of the fireplace.

(I figure this room has a winter and a summer side :p )

Kithera

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    The way they crank the air-conditioning in my office, Kit', I can't tell a difference, either! The only place I know where I need a space heater in the middle of August...

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    LOLOLOL ... I do know the feeling... although for me at my office it's like kind of strange.. my body can be sweating while my toes are like ice cubes ;) Ah well...just one of those things :D When are we going to have that Delurk Week that was talked about ages ago?

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    My fiance gets the same thing, Layren. In fact, today it's rather comfy and he's wearing bedroom slippers on his feet so his toes won't get cold. :p

I still say you Aussies don't have need for hot chocolate. Up here we had a week and a half where the temperature was
    -22C and the cars had a hard time starting. It got to the point where you didn't notice that a few degrees below 0C was cold and you even wanted to bring out the BBQ and the shorts if it went above freezing. ;) Yup, that's New York winter for you. :p

Oh, and do we have a pool in here? I've been wanting to go in one badly since it got warmer, but not enough time in the day. ;)

Jae Angel

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm not 21, Kit. Are you trying to encourage underage drinking? [face_shame_on_you]

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeeeeeeehaaaawwwwwwww!!!! SUMMER! Only one class, an internship, and digusting amounts of free time to spend in front of the computer instead of outside in the beautiful warm not-so-fresh NYC air! :p

*sees bartender* I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the bar... [face_mischief]

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yippee.... the time of year my daughter stays up all night sleeps, all day and within five minutes of waking after 4pm, greets me with "Im bored!".

9. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    //puts up the Hugh Jackman posters [face_love]

//retrieves an orange juice w/ lots of ice from the fridge

It's summer. And I have exams. :mad: It's so unfair!

10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    *sees the bartender*

Hey, Orlando, how about going back to school and learning how to act?

;)

Sorry for the off-topic, couldn't resist... :p Me and my friends have agreed that he acts only by furrowing his eyebrows... [face_laugh]

11. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Cosies up to the bar and starts asking for obscure drinks from 50's rat pack movies just to keep the bartender nearby.

Come on jade, i bet between the two of us we can play a fun game of stump the bartender...

KD

12. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    That's a worry, NJ! :p Here was I feeling pitiful because it's 4C (someone want to show me how to do the degree sign?) and my fingers won't move properly to type or practise piano and your telling me that this is party weather for you lot?!

*likes it in Australia* :p

13. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I'd disagree wtih you Mar17swgirl, I think Orlando acts a lot better then many other actors in Holliwood. :p

Snuggles up to the bartender behind the bar, while drinking a new hot chocolate.

It isn't all THAT cold down here, but it certainly beats our summer weather.

Kithera

14. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    *hits on the bartender*

*sees bartenders is occupied*

*drags Kyp Durron into a dark corner*

Dana

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Snuggles up to the bartender behind the bar

:eek: Hey!

Didn't you ever learn how to share? ;)

No? Okay.

*grabs an un-married Ewan McGregor* [face_mischief]

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My dad insists on keeping the dang airconditioning so high on cold days that I can't even get rid of goosebumps in a hot bath. I"m currently wearing fleece pants, my ski socks, and a sweatshirt. Ask me if it FEELS like summer. I'm just praying for summer weather on June 12, since it's had the habit of raining every saturday for a month now and I don't want that for my wedding, darn it!

17. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    In the current spirit of fangirl man-grabbing...

*completely ignores bartender*

*pours a jumbo mug of hot chocolate w/marshmallows*

*hijacks ESB Luke* [face_batting] [face_mischief] [face_devil]

18. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I'm sure Matt Damon's here somewhere... *looks*

19. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    In the current spirit of fangirl man-grabbing...

[face_laugh]

Well, since someone has already grabbed Ewan, I?ll just cozy up to the bar and order a cool drink.

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd grab my favorite SW guy, but he just died. Long live Bruce Boa. (I so was in love with General rieekan)

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Qui-Gon's mine! [face_love]

It may be summer but it's 65F today - cool and damp. Oh, well, I guess it's better than 95F and humid!

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Diane he can't be ALL yours.. can't we share? Or at least you can have Master Qui while I get him as a knight.. it's only fair...

[face_love]

Maybe we should just clone him and save ourselves the trouble ;)

23. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Fan girls... damn it! Why are you all fan girls?! I can't compete with... *throws bloom out from behind bar* Hah he can't even mix a good drink!

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, Layren, you can have the young Qui-Gon. I'll take the older, more devilishly-handsome Qui-Gon....LOL. [face_love]

25. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    What's so great about Qui-Gon? He's old doesn't know how to shave, or cut his hair!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.