main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Official Summer Celebrations thread~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kit', May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Naw, you weren't in Florida in '98 now that was effin' hot. I mean you could barely stay outside for ten minutes.

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, I've vacationed in Florida once over Christmas break and the winter was quite nice and warm there.

3. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    I might have been in Orlando in '98, but I'm not really sure. I'd have to go back and check which years we went. And even if I was, it might have been in the fall, not the high heat of the summer.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I was in florida in '99. But Palmdale, I don't know if it was really that hot, even if they made us wear suits in 113-degree weather, but I had never been in a desert before. I was this cute little redhead from Boston who thought it was hot at 80 and couldn't breathe when it hit above 100. I drank SO much water when I was there.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I've never been to Florida, but I did go to California in 2001. It was quite warm there.

And I can't believe I forgot drinks! *Striker geta two glasses of Mountain Dew-one for him, one for Tenel Ka*

I think I can get her on a sugar high...

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Forgetting to bring drinks in California ain't nothing compared to forgetting drinks here in Beijing. There is not a single fountain here and you can't trust the drinks from the stands because the bottles usually came straight out of the trash can (seriously, those people collect water bottles from trash cans, fill 'em up at the river or lake banks, and sell 'em to the ignorant).

7. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Dev I live in Sarasota. And we haven't had rain in a couple of weeks. It sucks.

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    When I lived in Missouri, I had to endure a summer without rain.

9. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Yall can take it! I mean it's horrible right now, it's like it should've been in April. Oh and we don't have any non-alchoholic drinks, if you want to get Tenel Ka you'll have to settle for drunk. :p

10. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    I haven't seen the sun in over two weeks. It's now kind of funny to watch the weather reports on TV: even the meteorologists are getting sarcastic, "Well, we're in for a surprise as you can see by our five day forecast. Friday, scattered showers; Saturday, scattered showers; Sunday rain; Monday,rain; and Tuesday back to scattered showers. Do I need to repeat that?"

11. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    hehe, it's pretty much the same here.
    Always is.
    Oh look, rain. What a surprise.

The only variation was this afternoon, when it was drizzling on one side of Belfast, and thuderstorming on the other side. Which is actually quite bizarre. 0.o;

The only time I've been somewhere with a significant ab=mount of sun in summer was Italy, when I was 7....

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Rain, sun, rain, sun; that sounds like up here. I finally have a sunny day today though on my day-off. It's great. :)

13. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    One time, I was at my parents' house and my mother called. She asked if it was raining, I looked up at the skylight in the den and nope, no rain. As we continued our converstaion I paced around the house and when I got to the other side of the house I noticed it was raining so I told my mom that the rain had just started. Continuing my path of pacing I once again found myself in the den where it still wasn't raining. Sure enough, it was raining on half the house but not the other half (I kept running back and forth to check).

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very amusing, Kettch.

15. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    I'va had that happen before Kettch. It's a wee but odd to see. :D

16. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I had that happen at school, sucked because we then had to run a mile half in the rain, the other half not.

17. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
  18. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    It's sunny and warm here!!! Summer has finally arrived!!! :D

Actually, I probably shouldn't say that, because then it'll go cold and rainy again.... :p

Oh well, at least we've had about three nice days in a row!!!! :) [face_dancing]

[useless topic-related fact] Canadians supposedly talk about the weather more than anyone else. [/useless topic-related fact].

19. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Really? Even more than the English?
    0.o

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I believe the weather is a popular topic among us New Englanders as well.

And it's been quite lovely this past week. A bit humid, yes. But pushing carts around in a parking lot is a lot nicer in humid weather than in the pouring rain!

21. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oooo! I'm going to Florida in August. My girl scout troop is going on a cruise to the Bahamas, and then we're going to Disney World, as our sort of "last hurrah" since 3 of us are going to college. We don't have to pay ANYTHING out of our own pockets, and we have 6 girls going. It's great.

22. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    Hey, I work at Walt Disney World. Look for a guy named Paul in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom.

23. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I used to love Frontierland when I was a little one. That and future land, or whatever it was called. And where does your cruise sail from?

24. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I think it sails from port Canaveral or something...I dunno. I really don't care about the cruise...it's Star Tours I'm looking forward to!

25. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    Tomorrow Land is the name. And, yeah, the Cruise does sail out of Cape Canaveral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.