***Official Summer CR Thread*** All the votes are in!

Discussion in 'London, ON' started by Lelila, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    As everyone knows by now, it looks really likely that I?ll be away from London for the summer months, staying with my family and working in Toronto. As per the CR code, a new, temporary Chapter Rep must be elected to take my place during that time. This would be the four months from the beginning of May until the end of August.

I?m reposting some important information about the requirements and such from the original CR thread from the first time we did this, please read, especially if you?re considering becoming a CR!

Chapter Reps and their duties

- You cannot be a CR before your chapter has ?Official Chapter? status
    - You can not be a CR without an Official Chapter
    - Chapter Reps are the ?go to? people for the FanForce Chapters here on FanForce.
    - CR?s must have the ability to communicate with their members in the real world, not just online. In other words a CR cannot do his/her job to the best of his/her ability if he/she is hours away from the group.
    - CR?s must also be available to the group, again in real life, 12 months out of the year (vacations and accidents don?t count). If a CR is a member of a chapter but schools elsewhere for the winter/summer months, outside of a reasonable distance, it will be regarded as unacceptable and the title will have to be passed.
    - CR?s are the communication links between FanForce Official Chapters and the RSA.
    - A CR?s responsibility is to keep the RSA informed of any important issues that the Official Chapter may be happening, generate more activity within the Official Chapter itself, and to offer assistance to new members that have questions that join there group.
    - Chapter Reps must also be 18 years of age or older (a safety precaution implemented by the FanForce Staff)
    - CR?s must hold the rules and ethics of FanForce in a higher regard than the average member; you cannot be a leader if you can?t follow the rules yourself.

How to elect a Chapter Rep

1) After you have had your first 3 official meetings and you have been granted your ?Official Chapter? status, it is time for the members to elect a Chapter Rep.
    2) The choice of CR is given to the chapter members to choose. If more than one candidate is up for the position then a vote will be needed. It is suggested the members send in their nominations/votes to their RSA to tally so that the utmost fairness will be achieved in the election. Polls on the forums can are often tampered with by people posting with multiple "socks"
    3) If CR meets the requirements, as listed above (the RSA will make that judgment call), the elected member will be elevated to VIP status, and will be granted access to the Chapter Rep forum where he will be given an added list of functions and duties.

2. Primrodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Its too bad you can't just be CR while away too :(
  3. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Who is even going to be here over the summer? I know that Paul, Justin and I will be. Anyone else?
  4. Primrodo Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup, the four of you, that's about it!
  6. Wolf Jedi Master

star 4
    Debbie, Myself, and Jake will attempt to come back for events i belive though if it is possible / feasible to do so.

I think anyone who wants the job will do an amazing job at it. It won't be an easy one however, so make sure you are up to the task :)

Wow you know it is late when you can't remember how to spell easy... (I finally figured it out)
  7. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Do you guys want to do a "public" vote in the forum or would you feel better sending me noninations?

I guess we should find out who is willing to be a candidate from the 4 first.
  8. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Is it open nominations then? I'm willing to do it.
  9. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    A public vote would work out well for you folks. There are several very capable people
    in this group :)
  10. Primrodo Jedi Master

star 4
    We do at that! :)

I'd be willing to do it. It would be nice to have a chance at leadership :)
  11. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
  12. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Well wait for the other 2 to voice if they would like the "job" or not.

Then you guys can "vote".
  13. Primrodo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll get Sylvia to chime in if I see her online...Paul haven't seen in a bit...perhaps a phone call :)
  14. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Took the words right out of my mouth, guys. I was going to try and contact the other two once I finish my second exam tonight. I have Paul's #, and Sylvia is online quite a bit. Once we know if they're interested, we can vote.
  15. -Phi- Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd be willing to CR, as long as I'm going to be in London enough. I'll definately be here till June, but I might be on vacation for a week or two in July/August. :)
  16. PaulV Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will sell my vote for 1 bag of dill pickle chips, 5 sour keys and 2 small choc. eggs
    first one to hand over the goods will get my vote!
  17. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    > Its too bad you can't just be CR while away too

Yup, it's a shame that they've placed so many rules on the position. ;-)

> Debbie, Myself, and Jake will attempt to come back for events i belive though if it is possible / feasible to do so.

Count me in! If I can, I intend to make a trip to London for an event or two during the summer. Gotta keep working on being one of the most travelled Fanforce members. Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit either the east or west coast Fanforces sometime during the summer as well.

As for CR I'm sure any of you could do an excellent job. If I forget to stop by this forum again be sure to let me know how it goes.
  18. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    So looks as though we have three people who are willing to take the position! :) I'll post something about the voting later (I'm leaving back for London though).

(aside: David you're going to have to go to travel to some pretty far places if you want to beat me - I was at the Fanforce Europe meet last summer ;), and it would be great to see you at an event in London!)
  19. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Right. I'm back and have a little time to breathe between finals.

I figure that the fastest and simplest thing to do would be to vote by PM. We all know each other very well by now, so I don't think it's necessary to do speeches or rather, "online rants" ;) And any one of you guys will do a fah-bulous job!

So our three candidates are (in the order they posted):

Janet
    Justin
    Sylvia

To Vote:
    Send me a PM with the three names for the position arranged in your preferred order (so the first name is your first choice, etc). You can, of course, vote for yourself in whichever position you wish.

Everyone who has a vote should know who they are, but just to clarify (in alpha order):
    Chris
    Deb
    Jake
    Janet
    Justin
    Matt
    Paul
    Sarah
    Sylvia
  20. Primrodo Jedi Master

star 4
  21. The_Last_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 2
  22. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
  23. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
  24. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    If there are no further objections, "you may fi-ah" when ready.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.