main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official SW LEGO Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dy-Lin-Wolfe, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Just bought 10026 UCS Naboo Starfighter from Bricklink. MISB... £27. Very pleased. :cool:

2. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    ^^So, you can put it back together! Double the fun! Anyway, I bought an AT-ST lego set (you know, the #7127 with Chewie) off Ebay, but the thing never arrived :mad:. Got my money back, though, but still no AT-ST....

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    LEGO fans might be interested in this Rebelscum story. One forum member built the Death Star II and did step-by-step photos. Enjoy!

5. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    I did a little online research because I was caught by surprise looking for standard figs online and finding carded Lego figs for sale individually as well. I never realized there was such a market for the Lego figures, but many of the loose figs were going for as much as 3.75" scale figs at the end of auction, which was pretty amazing. Granted, some of them were figures that had special parts that could only be gotten in much larger, more expensive sets, but many of them were figures from smaller sets too. I guess it makes sense that Star Wars Lego collectors would value the figures to go with their creations, I just never realized how much (though I do think they are cool). I've got a Jedi Luke, Vader, Emperor, Imperial Officer, Storm Trooper, Yoda, and Dooku sitting around collecting dust...maybe they would be worth a few bucks online to someone who will actually get some use out of them...

6. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    What I don't get, is why Lego never releases bundles of figs. Of course, adding a particular fig with a vehicle makes a lot of money, but I would definitely buy some 10-pc Stormtrooper packs, for instance.

Btw, that TIE Interceptor is almost as tempting as the new Slave I.....

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    LEGO announced a long time ago that they were not allowed to sell just the SW LEGO mini-figs as Hasbro has the license to sell SW figures, and there would be legal problems.

8. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    We should find someone who will make it legal, then.... Hmmmm, now who would be best suited for that ;). Anyway, thanks for nothing, Hasbro...... again [face_worried]

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    It's such a shame too, because a pack of 10 Stormtroopers would be the best. thing. evar. :D

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Oh, I know, I would love a multi-pack of Snowtroopers! They only put 2 of them in with the AT-AT. I would think that with a set that size, they could have included more than just the 2 Snowtroopers, 1 AT-AT Driver, and the Luke mini-figs.

I have close to 10 ST mini-figs from the 4 that came with the new Shuttle set, a total of 4 more from getting four of Luke's Surrender (or whatever it was called) sets, and another 1 came with the first TIE Fighter set.

Right now, I would also be interested in packs of the Clones from the AOTC sets and from the ROTS sets.

11. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Of course, there's always *cough* eBay *cough*, where one can find minifigs for ridiculous prices :).

I agree that Lego should at least put a lot more figs in their bigger sets. At least 10 Snowtroopers in the AT-AT, one Commander and two Drivers. And 6 Royal guards in the Shuttle.

Just thought of something:
    Is Cmdr. Gree's first name Alan or something? He'd be Cmdr. A.Gree, then! Get it? A-Gree :p...

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just thought of something:
    Is Cmdr. Gree's first name Alan or something? He'd be Cmdr. A.Gree, then! Get it? A-Gree ...

I should ban you on principle for that one...that's gotta be against the TOS.. :)

13. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Ban him! Ban him! [face_shame_on_you] [face_beatup]

Ebay prices for LEGO mini-figs are ridiculous! People buy the sets like the AT-AT or Turbo Tank and then sell off the mini-figs at prices that more than cover the cost of the entire set!

15. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    That, and they also sell the set's manual and sometimes pieces of the set seperately. But no matter how much I'd love to have a mini-Royal Guard, I'm not gonna pay $10 for it.

16. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/lego_2006_awing_loose.jpg]

17. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Cool, the new A-Wing! I have the old one, which looks a lot like this one...

18. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Ive just finished building my new UCS Naboo Fighter, marvelous set and looks great on my shelf next to Gollum:

[image=http://www.foxwelldrive.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Naboo10026.jpg]

Im really running out of room to put these now :)

Sevv

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Precious.

20. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Yeah, really cool of Lego to put in some chrome parts!

21. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  22. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Impossible? Only in your mind, remember, size matters not. If lego can make a few chrome pieces, they can make more. Wow, imagine a Lego Naboo Royal Cruiser! I think it'll be a UCS right away, no standard Lego set!

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Price would be through the roof, though. :(

24. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I remember that when this set was released back in '02 it was delayed a couple of months because they could not get the chrome right on it.

25. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    [image=http://www.fbtb.net/images/awing5.jpg]
    [image=http://www.fbtb.net/images/awingClean.jpg]
    "Sweet!"
    [image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/Nintenboy/mario_marioDance.gif]