So NV Official SWG Need Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Neutron Pixie ( +1000 health, +200 Strength/Constitution, +500 action, +50 Quickness/Stamina for 13min)

Muon Gold (+500 Mind, Focus, and Willpower for 10min)

This is all I've seen. There is a shop at -4355, 3411 just ouside of Theed that's where I've been buying it.
  2. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Neutron Pixie ( +1000 health, +200 Strength/Constitution, +500 action, +50 Quickness/Stamina for 13min)

Muon Gold (+500 Mind, Focus, and Willpower for 10min)

This is all I've seen. There is a shop at -4355, 3411 just ouside of Theed that's where I've been buying it.
  3. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I tried one of the spices, I can't remember which one, but Jonny gave it to me in the game. i took it and it did something, but I didnt really notice a difference, but when it was done I kept puking, it was REALLY funny. I was running away, then suddenly I would bend over and a retching sound came through my speakers followed by the message on my screen that said "You suddenly puke" It made me laugh.
  4. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    I didn't give it to you!
  5. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    To use the stim As and Bs you need a medic skill of 5 which I think is just Novice Medic. I have 3 different 'spices' I'll check on the stats for each when I'm on.
  6. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you sure you didn't? hmm, maybe I was on my own spice and just made things up..... I do that sometimes. ....er.......
  7. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    In game drug trip stories!

This game has everything!
  8. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gerson can you make Scatter Pistols yet?
  9. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I can only make d18 pistols, swords and frag grenades now which I have 25 for you johnny. I will spend may next time on just crafting weapons because the next tier lets me make DL44 pistols, DH17 carbines, DLT20 rifles, Scout Blasters and assorted parts for them. Then it should be easier to wade through the trees with more things to craft. You all have my promise that I will work as hard as I can to be the best weaponsmith in the galaxy...eventually.
  10. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I was kidding about the glue, I need the others though
  11. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    when you have the capibility, I would like vibroknuckles, not to be confused with vibroknucklers.

also, hopefully this week ill be buying my first full set of composite armor with 3 layers.

Total price....130k!!!!!yowzers!!

DUDE.....I Love This Game!!!
  12. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    What have you been doing to get 130k? Don't tell me that's just destroy missions because thats insane for 1 weekend.

I won't be able to do vibroknuckles for a loooooooooooong time. I've missed out on 3 major exploits in the crafting world that a lot of people have used to master elite professions. 1 - for the first few days there was no maint fee on harvesters allowing people to harvest thousands of resources at no cost of time or credits. 2 - Factories were giving 100% of crafting xp instead of 10% that they should have been. Also when making a factory schematic the max is supposed to be 100 units, but you can force it to 1000. These 2 combined allowed you to get to master of an elite crafting profession in a matter of a few days with only a couple hours of actual work in game. 3 - For 1 day practice crafting xp had a 25% bonus instead of 5% but that happened to be the only day since release that I didn't get a chance to play.

All this to say that there are master weaponsmiths and such out there, but 99% of them haven't done any work to get there. Being that I'm doing every craft by hand its going to take me a long time to get the xp needed to be of any real use as a weaponsmith. The only thing I need is a lot of resources to craft the things. If you guys want me to speed it up, you can donate money so I can buy resources instead of going out and sampling by hand for hours.

The unfortunate thing about the exploits above is the amount of higher end weapons available that make anything I craft useless and thus not sellable even at incredibly discounted prices. Since that is the main income for my profession I have to spend time doing missions for money which take away my time for crafting. If this keeps up I may be master rifleman before master weaponsmith.
  13. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK gerson, just tell me what resources and Ill start harvesting what i kill again for you and Il start putting money into buying resources for you to, just give me a prcise list so i dont mess up.....Dathomir pays about 15% more than dantooine when it comes to destroy missions which is to say from 4500-6000 to about 6000-8500 per really difficult mission. I die daily has a whole new meaning for me..
  14. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    So you're doing missions on Dathomir? Thats awesome! How the heck is that even possible? I may drop all crating and just be a combat char. I really want to be able to hunt rancors, I think that would be pretty cool.

I think my above post sounded a little more Skywalkerish than I meant it to. Basically I wanted to be the guild's weaponsmith. But almost all of you have weapons already beyond what I'll be able to craft for a while. Is it pointless for me to continue towards that goal? Should I just focus on combat so I can group better with you guys? What do you think?
  15. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmm... a tough decision. it would suck to spend all this time working toward something and to just abandon it right now.... very tough inedeed, I can't help you out there, its too much of a decision for me....
  16. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Do what you want. You want to make weapons then do that. You need not create only for the group. There will always be new players looking for weapons and others looking for better weapons.

I got tired of getting killed and abadoned by groups going off in 12 different directions so I focused on dancing becuase I'm having fun with it. Thats my two cents
  17. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone will always be looking for a good weaponsmith, the key is getting so you can make good weapons that are in demand.

have you thought about going like this:

Master Weaponsmith and Master Slicer

That would give you up to Eng. IV in Artisan, Unarmed Combat IV, Pistol IV, plus the stuff you get by being novice artisan, brawler, marksman and smuggler, and you still have 80 points left.

You could make killer weapons and slice them to be even better. You could slice armor, and mission terminals for more credits...

(You could add Master Pistoleer to that and still have 17 points left, enought to pick up medic so you can heal yourself)

I think the key will be what do you really enjoy? I tried dancing, and decided that it was too disturbing to watch my male human with beard growth dancing around in a cantina. It felt... gross. So I went musician, and obtained entertainment healing IV, and Muscianship III, and that's when I changed my mind again. I am done with all that, but while I still have those skills, I am focusing on my pistoling.

I want to be a great solo player, and so I am headed to master scout, master Ranger, and Master Pistoleer....

unless I change my mind again.

I say, don't kill of weaponsmithing, just put it on hold, and try your hand at other stuff, see if you like it better. Bottom line, if the TSS doesn't have a weaponsmith, we will all still have weapons. If we don't have an architect, droid engineer, or whatever, we will still have all those things that those people make.

It will probably be a while until you need to sell back skills anyhow.

18. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well for those that don't know, which i dont think is anyone, I am planning on going master Creature Handler, Master Scout, and Master Pistoleer... so basically I'm trying to say that when you need it Talon, if you can wait for me to train you that would be awesome, cause I could use the apprenticeship points.
  19. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that you are ahead of the game, so every time I advance anywhere, you will be the first I call.
  20. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! And if theres anything you need Talon, ask and you shall recieve... if i can give it that is... cause if not then I'll just have to say no...
  21. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, I need to be trained in the second pistol box.
  22. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    word... are you goin gto be on tonight, Im at Bestine right now getting some IMP points, im almost at 200.... if we can hook up tonight I shall train you...
  23. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I am also ready to be trained by you Darky, Will need hunting 3 soon. After I get hunting 4 I will be a novice bio-engineer. I just read that in addition to cloning animals, they will be able to craft and use creature stim packs and med packs. This is exciting news. Do you have the whole hunting tree done yet Darky?
  24. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    *waving hands in air* HEY! I need apprenticship points too! I can train any of you! send me a /tell
  25. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be on tonight. Do you have the ability to jump on during the day for a few minutes to train me? I will come to where you're at- Bestine, right?

Johnny, you can train my next thing I need, if you have it.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.