Official SWG Thread

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    same here...cooommmmmme baaaaacccckkkkk!!!!
  2. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI, Adrian is officially off of my account now, so if you see Anand online, it's me.

3. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Here's a kinda cool story.

On another server, can't remember which one, I have another character who I play from time to time. I played last night, and found a holocron in her inventory, like I expected. I wanted to buy a speeder bike, but did not have the funds, so i went out to this courtyard where people were yelling announcements and yelled "WILL TRADE HOLOCRON FOR SPEEDER BIKE OR SWOOP!"

I can not tell you how many /tells I recieved! Some said, "I'll take it!", and some said, "Are you joking?".

This one person /tells me "Why don't you sell the thing for 500k and then buy a speeder bike for 30k?"

I ask, "Do you wanna buy it for that price?"

"No, I have 15 already. Hang on."

Then she yells out "SELLING HOLOCRON FOR 500K!"

Another guy /tells her, and she tells her to go to me. The guy is all too eager to pay 500k, and it's a lot more than I was asking for, so I give it to him.

Thanks alot for that guy, or I woulda ended up with just a speeder bike.
  4. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone I found this craft macro off of one of the SWG message boards and thought you all might enjoy it. Where it says 'depends how long it takes to add resources' someone suggested that 5 worked great for 2 resources. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy:

Just adding my .02 credits to common problems that I've seen with using macros.

First, it works best if you're nowhere near a crafting station. This includes droids. Adding in a 3rd /nextCraftingStage or hitting Enter after you add the resources seems to work for me when I'm near a crafting station, but for best results, use the macro away from crafting stations.

Second, make sure you've spelled everything right, and are capitalizing correctly. Common spelling mistakes are to use /nextcraftingstage instead of /nextCraftingStage. Or to put 6 instead of 06 for single-digit numbers.

Third, make sure your toolbarSlot commands are pointing to the right slots. The top row is numberd 00-11, and the bottom row is 12-23.

Fourth, make sure you leave enough time to put in your resources. Even if you've managed to click the resource before the /nextCraftingStage processes, if the game doesn't recognize that the resources are in the schematic, it'll just cancel the crafting session on you and not make anything.

And finally, make sure your schematic number is right. The schematics are numbered from 00-99, according to the order they appear in your datapad. And it only counts the items you can make with that tool. The easiest way to find a schematic is to create a macro that says /selectDraftSchematic xx, where xx is a guess at what schematic you want. Open the tool, hit your macro, and see what pops up. Then look at your datapad and see if the number you want is higher or lower. Doing this a few times will give you your schematic number.

Oh, and as an added bonus, here is how I have my macro set up. It's for those who do lots of crafting grinding, and don't want to mess with editing a huge macro every time they change schematics. Please note that this uses 5 crafting tools. Here is my setup:

Toolbar Setup

Slot 00-04: Crafting Tools

Slot 05: Schematic Macro

Slot 06: Create Practice Item Macro

Slot 07: Loop Macro

Slot 08: Dump macro

Slot 09: Create Item Macro

Draft Schematic Macro

/selectDraftSchematic xx (xx is your schematic number)

Create Practice Item Macro

/nextCraftingStage;/nextCraftingStage;/createPrototype practice noitem;/createPrototype practice noitem;

Loop Macro

/ui action toolbarSlot00;
    /pause 1;
    /ui action toolbarSlot05;
    /pause ?; (Depends on how long it takes you to add resources)
    /ui action toolbarSlot06;
    /pause 2;
    /ui action toolbarSlot01;
    /pause 1;
    /pause 2;
    /ui action toolbarSlot02;
    /pause 1;
    /pause 2;
    /ui action toolbarSlot03;
    /pause 1;
    /pause 2;
    /ui action toolbarSlot04;
    /pause 1;
    /pause 2;
    /ui action toolbarSlot07;

The Dump Macro is just /dump, and the Create Item macro is the same as the practice one but without the "practice noitem" after /createPrototype.

To use this macro, you just hit F8. Then double-click your resources on the appropriate screen (I find it's very helpful to put all resources that I'm not crafting with in a backpack, so that my schematic screen isn't jumbled with resources that I can't use). When you're done, just hit F9. And if you actually want to create the items, just drag your practice macro to an empty toolbar slot, and drag your create item macro to slot 06 (F7). I did that because while I was grinding spices on my smuggler, I oc
  5. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    dude, it took a little bit, but now im Master Smuggler and Master Commando and Master Marksman.....and out of skill points.

If anyone needs slices let me know.
  6. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
  7. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Makk I need clamps, you gonna be on tonight
  8. Draaco Jedi Padawan

I love the song heralding my ascent to the ranks of jedi by makk that was great. Talon and I listened to the song and read the post at the same time and it was soooooo funny.
  9. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    Im glad you guys enjoyed the song.

Axia, ill be on tonight. Just send a tell with how many you want. You could also post here to let me know.
  10. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    UMMMM as many as you can spare. Or if theres a charge that depends how much they are.
  11. Inaen Jedi Knight

star 3
    Axia, I was on last night, didnt seeya. Maybe tonight.
  12. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is anyone a Master Artisan, I need crates of GP Modules to make Droids?

Ekul
  13. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry about that I had a friend drop by with late xmas gifts, presents outwieghs galaxies, especially when they are more video games woot!!!!
  14. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=game_guides&message.id=103025&page=1

Check this out!
  15. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't see it since I don't have an account, what does it say?!?!?!?
  16. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Posting what the thread up above says

Friday Feature Jan 9th: Transmission Interception - Imperial Crackdown

With the new Imperial mandate to crack down on the rebellion, spies have leaked some information into SpyNet.

(Answering some questions from the GCW forum...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the huge surge in rebel activities after the destruction of the death star at yavin, the empire is about to begin it's strike back. The publish may only be a few bugfixes and pvp adjustments, but what would you really like to see in this patch? What do you think would truely add to the GCW?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be PvP Adjustments, fixes, and much, much more.

And this is just the beginning.

Empire seizes control of all capital cities!
    Coronet, Bestine and Deeja Peak (yeah yeah it aint a real city.. Theed should be the capital) become locked down and put on high alert. All these cities should have upped imperial spawns, more static (I.e. Unattackable) content including walls, turrets, faction HQ's and maybe an ATAT or two for show.

The empire cannot continue to let a major city such as Coronet defy imperial order so openly.

The Empire will be enforcing its will in almost all cities to one degree or another. Some cities will clearly be under Imperial control while other cities will not. Player cities will of course maintain their own factional alignment

Not for show! For real! Not forever mind you, but for a bit, to show that the Empire is taking over complete control of the major cities, making rebels be afraid. And letting them have a challenge when raiding Imp cities.

This is correct, it will not be just for show and not just in cities. There will be an Imperial presence in cities, the fringes of cities and in the wilderness. The degree in which Imperials harass players will have much to do with factional alignment.

How about some covert scanners in some cities? That would keep us rebels on our toes!

No Covert Scanners in cities, but how about contraband scanners? ...and the scanners will be Imperial Troopers

Expect Imperial Troopers to stop you and scan you. They may find contraband and they may not. Who's to say?

When are we going to see those huge imperial walkers?

Not yet, but as soon as we can. The live events team has started working with them a little bit, but we still have some aesthetic/technical issues to work out. They dont look right when they climb up slopes.

I like the idea of every once in a while either an NPC or a PC would be dragged off by a group of stormtroopers for "questioning" too.

All sorts of players are going to be harassed. No one is going to be dragged off, but there is a variety of ways, the Empire will scan players for contraband and to send out patrols. In some cases, Imperial Stormtrooper NPC's might just stroll into Cantinas to harass rebels.

I want to see large scale invasions of places like anchorhead that rebels will have to
  17. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Moka Jedi Master

star 4
    I have still not allowed myself to be sucked into the vortex of lost souls called galaxies.
  19. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    FACT: Cbielich has stated that he has quit Galaxies
    FACT: Cbielich has stated that he has deleted his character
    FACT: No one has seen him online, and this supports his claims
    FACT: Since he 'deleted' his character, I could not ask him to give me his account to continue his characters path to Jedihood....

THEORY: He is no longer online because he is playing his new JEDI character that he unlocked, and he doesn't want any of us to know about it.

COMMENTS?
  20. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hmm...

that's all i got is Hmm...
  21. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I don't think he did...because he just gave like a butt load of his stuff to Draaco....I know because I got his Composite Armor....So unless he found someone to supply him with credits I dunno. I think he really did...Although had I not known about him giving a good portion of his stuff to Draaco I would believe it possible. Although it still could be possible.
  22. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Although you did say to me you found some random guy to give your credits to when we were talking in your office. Although that random guy could have been your jedi guy.
  24. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I just talked to Draaco today, and he my finish up Swordsman tonight! Then it's time for another holo!

Jezreel pulled Master Armorer with his holo.
  25. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I really need to be able to play at home cause I'm still on my first holo when I should be trying to find a second holo...or raising money to buy a holo off of someone. But no...I can only play on mondays, tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays and sundays...but when i'm there i don't really play all that much cause there's stuff that needs to be done....and i'm here just about all the rest of the time and i have nothing better to do...I sit here and read this board and boards from other cities and talk in AIM....I need a hobby lol.

Still working on becoming a master doctor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.