main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official SWG Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, Ahazi
    Don't really remember why...

2. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Heres a question. I seem to always have technical questions when it comes to galaxies as a program, nothing in game. It seems it is hard to get any information about the game in that sense. Or even finding any kind of "News Group" like Google Groups relating to this subject. If anyone can help me find sites that relate to this then that would be great. If not then I think I will create my own and see how it goes. And please dont post www.starwaraglaxies.com cause they suck :)

Ekul

3. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Sometimes there is a reason for that. They don't want programmers learning about what goes on in the background because sometimes it leads to more exploiting or some actually consider it an unfair advantage. It really is too bad, I often have the same questoins.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I mastered marksman.

Now I am Master Marksman, Master Scout.

Novice pistoleer and Ranger.

What to do next?

I am tempted to give BH a shot.... stupid holocron.

5. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I think Bounty Hunter is fun. It's a solo profression though, untill you get Investigation 3 then you can hunt jedi's with other Bounty Hunters...

6. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Can you all stop by my house? I am working on vendor Merchant and need the XP, if not I will have my guild came after you and kill you.

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
  8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
  9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Here's a funny Galaxies related story.

After grinding Droid Crafting xp for what seemed like ages, I decided to do some Imp destroy missions then use the faction points to train in more Droid Crafting. Well, even that got boring, so I went into the med center on Theed to heal up a bit.

I walk in and there are a few people sitting and waiting for healing xp. It's like 2am, BTW. Anyway, I sit down and I figure It'd be funny if I started telling a story to these fine doctors so i changed my mood to drunk and sat down.

I say, "I just got back from Dantooine, and it's good to be back on Naboo, lemmie tell ya. I was on Dantooine visiting an old friend, Slurba the Hutt. She was happy to see me until she realized I didn't bring the frog bladders I'd promised her. I woulda been Rancor chow, but luckily I know how to pleasure a Hutt. Heck, I'm so good at it that with gloves and a breath mask, I can do it without vomiting."

The people in the med center are laughing and having a fun time. They're even joining in. One asks, "How exactly does one pleasure a Hutt" and another remarks, "I don't think I wanna know."

I answer, "Well, all ya need is a long rubber tube, some lubricating oil and a Mynock with it's wings cut off." This produces "EWWW"'s and "LOL"'s from the entire place.

"So," I continue "I was pretty anxious to get back to Naboo after that, but when I get back to the starport on Dantooine, I met another old associate of mine, a Trandoshan by the name of Sleazy McCrud, with whom I once co-owned a cantina on Ord Mantell with. He sees me and offers to buy me a drink. I think nothing of it and we go to the starport cantina. He pulls out a datapad and hands it to me. Apparently it was tab from the old bar I never paid, and he was there to collect. I tells him I only have enough for fare back to Naboo, but that I know someone who'll pay off my tab for me. I hand him a bag containing gloves, a breath mask, a rubber tube, a jar of lubricating oil, a tied up mynock, and a knife to cut its wings off and I send him to my friend Slurba. I'm sure she took care of him."

They enjoyed that story too, and I was on a roll, so I decided to tell one more.

"That reminds me of another guy I know, one of the best freighter pilots in the galaxy, a Duros named Kleff Rixxard." ;) I go on to tell them the story of Kleff in the cantina and his first run in with the D.L.O. They're asking things like "I thought droids couldn't hurt sentients, right?" And I respond, "You'd be surprised how many rebellious droids there are in the Galaxy."

Anyway, I end the story with, "So after that, the only droid in the galaxy Kleff could trust was his faithful buddy MR-V1N... well, until it got possessed by the spirit of a Sith Lord, but that's a story for another day."

Whoops, shouldn't have said that! Now they're begging me to tell THAT story, and to tell that story correctly, I had to explain about Ilum and everything! Well, I did, as best I could while still streamlining the story a bit. And I can't believe they stayed with it, but they were really into it!

So, then I yawn and say it's about time I head home, and they say they had a great time and wish they knew so many stories, to which I reply, "Just keep your ears open, and you'll have stories to tell."

Then, just before I leave, I say, "Next time I'll tell you the one about the Jawa and the tank."

Now all I need is to get SOE to hire me as a travelling in game storyteller... that'd be a fun job.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Im curious, did you mention Axia in your story? Since Axia is in galaxies...sort of.

Were there imperials around? They may have reported to thier supervisior about this Ilum place you mentioned.

The hutt thing was imaginative and nasty and impossible. (Hutts are asexual) I know, sacrificed for the sake of humor.

You must have been typing forever....

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Mentioned Axia? Not so much... I think I just said "Evil Twi'lek" ;)

Imps? Probably, but since Dwaaf really doesn't know anything about the wareabouts of Ilum, I doubt they have enough info to go on.

Hutts; asexual? Alls I said was how to "pleasure" a Hutt... you have a sick, sick mind, Axia.

Typing forever? Yeah, but I broke everything up into sentences so there wasn't long periods of time when I was silent. It was way fun... worth the carpal tunnel.

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I do not have a sick mind. I have one with an imagination, a sorely lacking commidity in today's society. I also do not go into threads at great length talking about poop. So who is the sick one here?

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    ah... well, uh... um, I know you are, but what am I?

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Draaco just mastered armorsmith. His 21st profession, I think. He is a madman. No jedi slot yet.

15. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I almost feel sorry for the guy. He's working on his last artisan profession....Chef....

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    http://swg.stratics.com/content/intro/faqs/swgssefaq.php

this is a questionaire about jump into lightspeed (is that title gay or is it just me?) while some things are very cool others are not. A-Wings and B-Wings are going to be in the expansion. At this time during the GCW they dont exist! Also, tie fighters are going to have hyperdrives! WTH? Only the Tie advanced has a hyperdrive, we all know this. Their reasoning behind it was no one would play them without hyperdrives! How about you would have to board your tie fighter on a star destroyer and get taken to the next system? You know like in Star Wars? Cant SOE do ANYTHING right?

17. Sillykiller

Sillykiller Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2004
    Hi all. Im new in SWG and ive got a question. Does a lan tool for SWG exists? when yes please tell me the link. thx :)

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    honestly, I don't think anyone here still plays.

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Upping this for Inaen ;)

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    C and Draaco still play as well.

21. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    OK Fine!! i play. ive been playing for two months now and i am enjoying it more now than evar!!

and Im a master pilot flying a YT-1300. which i named (looks for axia) The Crimson Dawn.

I was gonna name it Lady Luck. heh. but the Prior just flows from the tongue better. :)

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You realize the Crimson Dawn is the name of an secret organization, and that Axia's ship is named The Crucible Thorn...?

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Has anything changed to make it cooler? If I get tired of Lineage 2, I could always go back to SWG... but it got so boring.

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    C and Draaco want me to come back to SWG....

25. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    C has been bugging me to go back to SWG for a long time, but instead I will be going back to Asheron's Call!!!!! Very soon I will hear the immortalized high pitch whine of portal space taking me back to my lv 47 mage and the best online game ever!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.