main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****Official Syrup Discussion Thread v. 4.0******

Discussion in 'Pancakes and Waffles Forum' started by The_Face, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Welcome syrup lovers! This is the mod-approved thread for general discussion of syrups. All brands and kinds are allowed, except corn and cough, which are an ugly necessity and the devil's work, respectively. And please, let's try to avoid a repeat of Versions 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1, guys. We can talk about syrup without getting feelings hurt and mods demoted.

Annnd... go!

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm not trying to disrespect anyone's favorite syrup, but I just don't understand why they had to make Fruit Flavored syrups. I mean, really. What was wrong with Original Maple?

The Fruit syrups look strange, they taste bad, and they introduce unnecessary color on the breakfast table. While I understand that bright flavors and colors may appeal to the younger generation, I am only interested in Original Maple and I am offended that I have to look at the new syrups every time I go to IHOP.

Again, I'm not trying to say anything. I'm just sayin'.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Well, it's not as though they REPLACED maple with the others :rolleyes:

Don't like them? Don't buy them. No reason to spoil everyone else's enjoyment [face_plain]

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I stopped buying syrup when they came out with Blueberry Tart. That's just wrong and I refuse to give them any more of my money if that's the kind of syrup they're going to put on the shelves.

Syrup should be BROWN. :(:(:(

5. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I know brown is the original syrup, but that doesn't make the other kinds any less canon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.