main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA "Official" T-shirt ordering thread.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Here is the revised list of those ordering shirts/what they ordered and if they have paid.

Please PM me if there are any mistakes.

Me (Sal) W/2x/1, B/2x/1, W/3x/1, B/3x/1 Paid $40
    Brendon B/3x/1 Paid $10
    Joe (Crimson Knight) B/3x/2 Paid $20
    Chris (GC) W/L/1, B/L/1 Paid $20
    Tom (Corran) B/XL/1 Paid ($10)
    Tony and Carrie (The 66's) W/L/1, W/3x/1, B/L/1 B/3x/1 Paid $40
    Chad B/XL/2 Paid $10
    Terry W/3x/1 Paid $10
    Ben_Ethus B/XL/1 Paid $10
    Tom (Noble Kale) W/3x/1, B/3x/1 Paid $20
    Josh B/XL/1 Has Not Paid ($10)
    Whitney W/L/1, B/L/1 Paid ($20)
    Rebel Dawn B/L/1, B/2x/1 Paid $20
    Mari Hari (Heidi) W/XL/1, B/XL/2 Paid $30 plus $10 for shipping unless noted other wise
    ZeroCool W/XL/1, B/XL/1 Paid $20
    Stacie (Chris-Stacina_Rajinn) B/L/1 Paid $10

This brings our total Paid orders to: $300
    And outstanding orders to: $10

For those who have as yet not paid I will need money orders (unless you can meet me in Robison on Wednesday or North Hills on Friday) by Friday (Jan 17, 03). That's this Friday, so please have you money orders in the mail no later than Wednseday or your shirts won't be ordered. If you can meet me on either days as mentioned above or wish to make other arrangements to pay for shirts you must PM me by no later than 12 noon on Wednesday (Jan 15) or you shirts will not be ordered.

Thank You all who have participated. I will be contacting the t-shirt vendor later today to get the shipping date. Hopefully this will be ready by the February meeting. (Which is the 16th as agreed upon at the Lifeday Party)

Remember that if you wish to change your order you still have until Midnight Tuesday into Wednseday to do so.

Also, for those who still wish to order, you can but orders and payment MUST be resolved as stated above by Friday this week.

?Sal

2. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Some good news about the shirts...
    It will only take two weeks to get these once the final order is put in, so we should most likely get these for the next meeting.

So far we have 30 shirts ordered.

Proceeds will be somewhere in the range of $60-75 dollars after the cost of the shirts. I sent the guy an e-mail on Friday but he said he never received it. (I CC and BCC it to me and it showed up fine). I went ahead an e-mail him again and also asked him what the final cost for printing and shipping would be. Still waiting on that. In any event the price is steady at $10 a shirt.

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I got a call from the t-shirt vendor today and I will be giving him the FINAL order on Tuesday January 28th. He has specific requirements for me to set up the shirts, so I need that time to do that. He will then keep these on file and the next time we need shirts we will only be charged Half-price for screens (they dry out and he would need to make new ones from the films that he will create from the graphics I send him.

Here is a breakdown of cost.
    $7.25 ea for Small to XL shirts
    $8.25 ea for 2XL shirts
    $9.25 ea for 3XL shirts

plus $12-15 shipping cost.

This brings the total on the 30 shirts we already have ordered to $255.50 (assuming $15 shipping)
    (There shouldn't be tax on this since there is no tax on clothing but I will find this out as well.)
    The club only nets $44.50 for the fund.

I will ask for an invoice to show all of this.

The cost to members however still must remain at $10. This then covers the screens used for printing for which we get charged, plus shipping, as well as the shirts themselves.

OKAY, SO, LAST CALL.

If you still want to order a shirt you can.

Again, you must have the payment to me BEFORE the order is placed. For those who want to send a money order refer to the previous post for the address. For those who can meet me to pay in person, again, i will be in the North Hills on Friday and can possibly make other arrangements to meet over the weekend.

If you decide to send money orders from here on, for this specific t-shirt order, be sure to have those in the mail no later than Friday, for me to receive them by the Tuesday that I will be ordering them (1/21/03).

4. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I sent a check to Tony & Carrie for the shirts for the party.. Guys?

5. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    it's taken care of = don't worry

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    *whew!*
    ^_^
    *dances*
    Can't wait to see the t-shirts- yay!

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Well, I got a call from the T-shirt guy.

Needless to say I am Pi..ticked off!!!!
    Although the shirts will be printed by middle of next week, he has changed the cost! I am furious and am about ready to not pay. He quoted me a price for which I expected him to adhere to.

He had quoted a price to me by phone of $255 and change at least a week and a half ago and now it's $302 and change. Now the money collect does cover the cost of all the shirts ordered but we as a club only make a $7.42 "profit". This was hardly worth the work involoved. I had no intentions of making money for myself with this but thought that the club would make a little profit from this.

Here is the breakdown per shirt (The screen charge and inks were averaged into the cost of the shirts)

White
    L and XL $7.60
    2XL $9.00
    3XL $9.5

Black
    L and XL $8.80
    2XL $10.20
    3XL $10.70

Now as you can see some paid much lees than others while some didn't pay as much as it cost. THIS IS NOT YOURS OR MY FAULT. The vendor is at fault. Again, a price was quote to me and that price would have made the Final cost $255 and change.

So, if anyone else knows a t-shirt vendor for the next time we order shirts please let me know. I will NEVER use this guy again.

Alright now that I have that off my chest, he said that they should be able to deliver the shirts by end of next week.

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Alright, so I called Terry to get his take on the situation and he said to just go ahead with it and we'll use another vendor the next time. Okay.....

Now I get a call from the vendor again. He has a problem with me having a problem with the price increase. I explain to him that he quoted me the $245.50 price and what the breakdown of the shirts would be. He said he "didn't need this frustration" and wasn't going to do the order. Another comment he made was that "I've been in the business for 8 ears and have never had this problem before" also, "I doing this at cost and am not making any money on this as a favor to you".

Okay first of all, I'm not looking for favors. I want a FAIR price. If he decides to not make money on this venture that's on him. Second, I've been in this industry for awhile myself and have seen numerous times where a client/customer is given one price then the price changes. If the customer service rep doesn't fully and rightfully explain the cost adjustment, you end up with whats going on here.

From the begining of this deal, I told the guy that this was TWO color shirts and was four colors on the back and one on the front. You folks can see my honesty in this as I continually gave updates and costs as they were passed to me. you can see the post from 1/15 of how the breakdown in cost was. This quote WAS with the screen cost and everything else.

Alright, so all that is said to say that now I don't know if this guy is going to print these things or not. I told him before he rudely hung up on me that we NEEDED these shirts printed. He said, "FINE," and promptly hung up.

Em, my fiancee deals with this guy on a regular basis and she has to call him later today. I called her to explain what was going on and asked her to step in and do something about this. Hopefully she can.

This is my first SOLO venture outside of a company I've worked for to get something printed and let me say that this has left a VERY bad taste in my mouth.

Hope you all undersatnd.

If this guy does bail on us, I will try to find a REPUTABLE vendor to do these for us.

If this cost more than the $10 I'll let you all know. I hope not as I don't want you folks to be upset with me for this. Again, this was not my fault but rather what I see as either greed or miscommunication on the part of the vendor. When he quoted the job at $245.50, I then told him that that was good, since I placed the price of $10 per shirt. Now it seems since we have 31 shirts ordered for a totoal of $310 he wants to get his hands on that little bit of "profit". I may be reading into this but we are talking about business and I don't put it past anyone to screw people over for a buck. Or in this case $50.

Again, sorry folks if this whole thing tanks out. If so and you don't want me to persue a different vendor or don't want to pay a higher price if it comes to that, let me know.

Please give me until the end of this week to get this resolved one way or another. Thank You.
    ?Sal

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    If it comes out to a higher price, just let me know. I understand that things can happen when ordering. I've had my share of trouble with companies. :)

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Luckily, things have worked out. Em (my fiancee) called the guy and (gently) held out the 1,500 t-shirt order in front of him.

Basically she put the clamps down. We still will be charged the $302 and change price, so I will never deal with that guy again.

The shirts will be delivered to me by end of next week. I will bring them to the February meeting.

RebelDawn, we need to make arrangements for you to get your shirts, unless your coming to the meeting.

Heidi (Mari Hari), I'll be getting those shirts you ordered out to you by second week in February.

I'm glad thigns worked out. but this reminds me of when Obi-wan said victory and Yoda admonished him. Although we ARE getting the shirts it is by no means a "victory". This whole thing was not only for us to get t-shirts made but to help raise moeny for the group. So after all is said and done with this we'll only get $7.50 as a profit.

Sorry about that folks. I hope I didn't let any of you down.

11. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    You didn't let us down at all Sal! You had no control over the vendor being a Jerk and worked very hard to get the t-shirts made in the first place (a project that we had been kicking around for a long time, but no one ever really got down to doing until you)

So there won't be much of a profit. No big deal. We'll finally have our T-shirts (ready to go for Kennywood day and other outings!) :D

12. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Sal-

I haven't made up my mind if I'm coming to the February meeting yet or not. So, I will let you know and we can make arrangements if need be and you don't mind.

Second, I in no way find any fault on your part about what has happened. Seems to me you've worked your butt off on this deal and the guy tried to screw you (for lack of nicer wording).

I appreciate all the work you've put into getting the t-shirts. Also, I've heard some good things about a guy here in Steubenville, I could go feel him out about t-shirts and other things if you want. If not cuz it's here in Steubenville and not Pittsburgh, I understand.

Anyways, we'll talk soon.

Tina

13. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    nah I don't blame ya one bit Sal, some people can just be Jagoffs about things.

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    As I told you on the phone earlier, you couldn't control what happened. The guy jerked you around, next time someone else will get our order. To hell with him.

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Thanks folks for the affirming words.

I was really feeling like crud about this.

I couldn't believe this guy was going to just drop us. Thanks to Em's intervention, he will complete the order.

As stated I will demand an invoice. One for club accounting purposes and two for his "breakdown" of the cost. Also, I just want everyone to see that I am being honest about this whole thing. Hopefully none of you have questioned that but I'm rather retentive about such things and want to cover all bases, so there is no doubt.

Again thanks.

16. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey Sal - I'm with the others on this. What can you do if you made a deal with someone and now they're backing out? What a jerk. Thanks for going to the trouble to get this done.

I, like Rebeldawn, haven't decided whether or not I can make it to the Feb. meeting yet, but I'll let you know. If not, US mail is fine by me. :)

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Just talked with the Vendor's son. He'll be delivering the shirts to me at about 1:30pm today. I'll go over the order with a fine tooth comb. And will bring the shirts to the meeting this Sunday. Those not able to attend the meeting please PM me.

Heidi, you have already paid for shipping so if you still need that done for you it's cool. (Also, if you can make it to the meeting, I will have your money for shipping to refund to you.) Tina/Rebel Dawn, if you can't come this Sunday then I can always meet you at Toy R' Us/Ikea at Robison like we did before for payment of the shirts.

For anyone else, I am in the Robison area on Wednesdays, North Hills/Wexford/Cranberry on Fridays.
    Oakland M-F
    Baldwin/Brentwood/Whitehall/West Mifflin anytime (It's where I live)

If you live to far from here or cannot make these days to meet, if you can't be at the meeting, and need for me to ship them, I will need the following:

Name
    Address

Money for shipping.

Send $3 for shipping, per shirt, and if it's less than that I will enclose the difference you send with your order.

Orders will NOT be shipped until money for shipping is received.

I look forward to seeing these things later today and will let you know how they look.

?Sal

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The T-shirts are FINALLY in!

They look great. I think the logo pops out better on the Black shirt than the White ones but still like the logo on the white shirt better.

The order was filled correctly so everyone who ordered shirts and paid for them will get exactly their order.

(There are no extras, sorry for those who want one, we will do another t-shirt order sometime later this year.)

Yippee! Be prepared to wear this puppies at the next meeting!

That's an order.....well a suggestion at least. ;)

19. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    I"ll take that order,baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.