main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official TCW Clips Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, OMG I'm a n00b. That's the first time I've seen a map of the GFFA and I'm completely amused by it and the absurdity of a 2d map of a galaxy. So many questions and so off topic...

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Noob. :p

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Why do I get the feeling that there'll be no explanation for why Savage has Maul's half of a lightsaber?

As for Savage going to Naboo, that doesn't make any sense. Naboo isn't even in the outer rim.

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah

and apparently the Naboo neglects their power generator and doesn't clean it.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Guess I just have less time to waste searching for fictional maps. =b

Well then, I certainly wouldn't want to waste your time asking questions then.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Get way while you still can, GARTH_MAUL. Get away while you're still safe! Don't look inside Pandora's box! See no evil!

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It serves its purpose even if it doesn't get used that much by either TCW's creators or some of the novelists. The last book I read placed Nal Hutta, Kessel & Tattooine only hours from each other at sublight speeds.[face_worried]

You probably won't give a hoot:p but the Atlas was in development for years and actually provides placements of over 4000 planets, systems and Sectors in the GFFA. With few exceptions/mistakes it incorporates every place ever mentioned in 30 years of Star Wars films, comics, novels, video games and more. It even has had several updates e-updates to add in new locations as they get added to the fiction.

So yes while a 3D map of the galaxy would be the obvious reality in universe, we have to make due with this one just due to the fact that a 3D one would be a vitually impossible endeavor. Just view this one as giving a rough idea of distances from Coruscant to where ever, which systems are actually near each other and those which are far, so on, so forth. I little imagination can fill in the rest.

Here is the link to the thread in Lit that was started in 2005. We regualrly had the oppurtuinty to communicate with the authors there, toss around ideas and just generally have a good time with this idea of a galactic map. It would probably even answer some of your questions, but it might take a while to go through :p

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/21938930/p1/?4336

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't see why a 3D map would be impossible. I mean sure we don't have faster than light space travel but we do have 3D maps of our own Milk Way Galaxy. I am an avid amature astronomer so that's probably the main reason I thought a 3D map would be neat. Even if it were simply sky charts from the surface of one of the planets.

I liked seeing the map actually. I have been googling around to find either an interactive map or a stellarium version to help me out. I honestly didn't think I knew the names of so many planets. I've already found most of them although. Most of my questions related to the fact that even if I throw out TCW, I wasn't expecting key worlds to be so scattered around. I know its silly but with the Republic and the CIS I kinda imagined a bunch of planets on one side of the galaxy and a bunch on the other side with a line drawn down the middle kinda like North vs. South in the U.S. Civil War.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Some of the imagery in the Atlas does show two astronomers(who bear an amazing resemblance to the authors) checking out a 3D map, not unlike the one shown in AOTC. It also explains how one would(in universe) navigate in three dimensions.

I personally spent years trying to map out the Imperial Remanat circa 18-19 ABY(basically a very small section of the northern part of the map) or so with every book and source I could find, but a lot of it still boiled down to educated guess work until this book came out.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That seemed kinda cool - this being from someone completely against Maul's survival. I'm sure we'll get a better explaination of how, possibly during the duel banter.

I haven't read Darth Plagueis, but was Maul privy to Sidious' plans for the Clone Wars? Intriguing.

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I found that strange as well. I read Plagueis and it didn't seem that Palpatine would be sharing his grand plan with what was little more than an assassin at that point.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Following on from the current discussion in the Revenge thread, I thought it was good that in the clip it took a long time and a lot of effort for Maul to call the saber up to his hand. Hopefully he doesn't suddenly go from that to back on form in 10 minutes.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Odds are they will show him weak for one second, then full on super powerful Force user [face_tired]

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, it "worked" for Savage...

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if they'll go for a "Bill Kill" reference.

"Wiggle your robotic toe."

Plo_Koon_is_Awesome likes this.
  16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ [face_laugh]:_|

Seerow, you're killing me.

In all seriousness though, seeing as how Savage Opress (LAMEST NAME EVER, GAH!) went from total n00b to über-powerful in like half an episode, I don't have much confidence in that respect.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "And now I'm gonna kill you too, with your own saber, no less, which in the very immediate future will become... my saber."

"Bitch, you don't have a future."

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^That't gotta be Ventress's line. xD

Plo_Koon_is_Awesome likes this.
  19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The short story: "End Game" is what makes for Maul being 'in the know'....

He even named himself Chief Commander of the Trade Federation Army.

jackg1 likes this.
  20. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Incomplete list of Season 5 trailers:

TreborSabreon and cwustudent like this.
  21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  22. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I must say every single one of those previews are better than ANY we have seen before since the show began! Impressive, most impressive.=D=

Darth Maul returning for revenge leading a Mandalorian army, Boba Fett, Black Sun, Ahsoka's story developing to its end. Just wow!

Im more excited for this season than any of the previous ones. It just seems like SO MUCH has been going on in SW fandom this year with celebration 6, the blu-ray release, the TPM 3D re-release, Darth maul returning on TCW.....just WOW. Snoop Dogg releasing a whole new adidas SW clothing and sneaker line and then there's Ashley Eckstein with her SW clothing line for girls. Seth Greens new show. Superbowl commercials, verizon commercials, DAM is this awesome! What a year.

We really have had a great year gentlemen. I haven't seen SW so much since ROTS was released! Seriously. This is worthy of recognition in the jedi archives.;)

23. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This is just the beginning! ;)

JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  24. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    o_O

But I agree that if there's one thing that Lucasfilm does right, it's making some seriously kickass trailers.

25. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    No really! Check it out: https://www.google.com/search?q=star wars adidas&rlz=1C1TSNF_enUS467US467&aq=f&sugexp=chrome,mod=16&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=iehEUo_ODKGq2QWZ3IDQDA&biw=1600&bih=775&sei=kehEUKmlNPOGyQH30oH4CA#um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1TSNF_enUS467US467&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=star wars adidas originals snoop dogg&oq=star wars adidas originals snoop dogg&gs_l=img.3...2662.2662.6.3320.1.1.0.0.0.0.103.103.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c.CDpQMoXV9ao&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=8df1ec431b9c2f83&biw=1600&bih=775

Marc Ecko also has a star wars line. I just bought a darth vader track suite last week. I think its awesome that star wars clothes are being taken seriously and being treated as real modern fashion. What Ashley Eckstein does with "her universe" is awesome as well.

Today you can buy a $150 pair of star wars shoes or a $200 star wars track suit and its real brand name stuff. Its not just considered "kids clothes" anymore at all. Not this stuff.