main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official TCW Clips Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Yeah, that's alot of Fetts (I know they're not Fetts but they're cool like Fetts!). Just imagine how awesome their leader is going to be.

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    That clip was cool...Cassie sneaking up on Ahsoka like that kind of gave me chills...and gods, CC looks like something out of Tim Burton!:p And Grievous, Oooo yeah! Oct. 2nd, where are you?

3. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Wow...just...WOW! [face_hypnotized]

:p That had to be said... [face_laugh]

Thank you all for these awesomesauce clips!!! :D They are all magnificent!!! And at times, chilling too... Whoa, Cassie's a sneak! :eek: LOL! And the Mandalorians! Cool squad! :cool:

Not to mention seeing GG wielding four lightsabers all at once... [face_batting] OMG! [face_dancing]

And of course Bane's awesome as ever! :cool: Can't wait!! [face_devil] **puts on music..."It's the fiiinal countdooown" **

(( P.s.: Yeah, I know...Spoilers or not, I'm hooked! 8-} :p These are GREAT! ))

4. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] Thanks a lot, catgirl...now I have that song stuck in my head!:p And Gry(going on our discussion we had a few days ago), I paused some frames in that one clip where Anakin's still trying to catch Bane in his starfighter as he's disguised as a clone trooper and I could vaguely make out that his face did have like a plug or something embedded in it right around where the tubes would attach...I hope they show how he can remove them, that would be cool.:D

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I hope you're right and they do show some sort of plug on Bane's cheek. It's that kind of attention to detail that I expect from the team, please don't give me any more conjured lightsabers. But I don't think we'll actually see him plugging or unplugging the tubes, it's an animating hassle that they'd prefer to avoid.

6. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Oh man, not the conjured lightsaber argument again![face_laugh] :p Yeah, I can understand that, but it should be explained somewhere that he's able to do that instead of just saying they're embedded in his cheekbones...but hey, perhaps in a future guide or something[face_peace].

7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm sure it will be explained in some detail in some future guidebook.

And if it isn't explained, we can always resort to simply saying:
    [image=http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7677/monkeylizardp.jpg]

8. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    I can live with that.

(LMAO, oh man, reminds me of the head-scratching my dad had between 'Dooku Captured' and 'The Gungan General'. He was so sure he missed an episode until I told him they explained it in an online comic)

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Heh, I like Plo getting a Wedge-like save of the clone pilot, taking out the droids from head-on.

And Yularen's a bit more snippy this season.

It's funny how cutting out on some clips make them look cooler. Like the close-up of Cody firing his pistol or of Obi-Wan leaping toward Grievous. In a regular episode, they might be too fast for me to even notice.

10. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Oh I've been looking for that clip of cassie for a while now, thanks for posting it :D.

She definately looks like a spooky character! Can't wait to see if shes a jedi or dark force user!!

I'm glad they are adding new female characters into season 2, especially villains. S1 was great, but it lacked new female characters. While most viewers see Asajj as a new character (because she was never in the films), technically she wasnt. And Aurra sing made a brief appearance in the last epiosde, yet another re used villain. I like the idea of re using existing villains, but we never got any "new" female villains in s1. All of the new villains were males. This season it looks like were getting the Clawdite bounty hunter, Cassie Cryar, Aurra Sing, and the Zabrak bounty hunter woman. :):)

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  12. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    :eek::eek:=P~

Now THAT was a pumped trailer! Damn, my heart is racing... so many cool moments. Poggle the Lesser, Ki Adi, Cassie clearly attacks Ahsoka, Cad Bane's evil cackling, love those little action poses against a red backdrop.

If this trailer doesn't excite you, you might as well not bother with this show anymore.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You can bet it excited me. ;)

14. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Wow. That was AWESOME. I really loved the techniques they used. :D
    The whole hijack-the-transmission thing was an awesome way to launch the bounty hunters in a trailer, and somehow, I really loved the character snippets against the red background. It kind of reminded me of certain action shows which showcase a character or something before or after commercial.

Again, still looks like the first ten episodes, though I believe I saw spider droids (as in, heavy-cannon packing spider droids) by a landing craft...is that for real? :eek:
    They're setting up A LOT of great action moments here, which is making me more and more certain that they're only improving from season 1. :D

Cassie Cryar has a neat spooky look to her...makes me think of a young Aurra Sing. I actually thought the arks on her cheeks were glasgow-smile marks (scar from a knife carving the face open), but it looks like they're tattoos. Still...

15. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    You can definitely count me in as excited...but you already knew that![face_laugh] :p Oh, that was an awesome trailer!:D

16. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Frig, I'm already in love with Season 2. Sucked there was no Fisto, but I already know he is in Season 2. Really liking the collection of villains that coming. That Geonosis Battle looks sick! :D

17. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Very nice, it was an extended version of one of the TV spots I think, and it's awsome, Cad Bane's laugh is both creepy and awsome.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This series is looking so much better than Season 1.

Not that I disliked Season 1 or anything, but the ads for the second season have me psyched and counting down the minutes to the first episode. :D

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Some pretty great animation in there.

Series is definitely looking smoother (and darker). =D=

20. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    That... was AWESOME.

Though is it just me, or was Bane breaking the 4th wall there?

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Oh, I think they were purposely reaching out to the viewer there. Unexpected, and it worked quite well.

I suppose if you think about it, who is Yoda actually talking to anyway, when he narrates?

Gry - I agree the interrupted signal was great, BTW.

The weird thing I find about the animation is that I still see quite a difference in quality from shot to shot, or scene to scene. Did we ever get an answer to the different animation studios issue?

Sometimes it seems like incredibly high-quality, weirdly photorealistic shots, then next the characters will look wooden. Maybe it's just me. :confused:

22. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yoda and Admiral Yularen were tasked with narrating public service announcements, newsreels and commercials to promote the GAR. Yularen's following orders, and Yoda thinks it will somehow help people. :p

In-character narration is always a ready source of comedy. Galadriel from Lord of the Rings? I'll bet she just loved the sound of her own voice. XD

Cad Bane uses his mad hacking skillz to promote ANARCHY IN THE REPUBLIC.

Meanwhile, the Separatists are too cheap to finance any REAL propaganda outside of self-made announcements...yet they outfit Grievous with the technology that lets him pull two lightsabers out of thin air. [face_laugh]
    (To be fair, given Grievous's high profile as a four-saber wielding baddy, I guess to younger audiences, it 'goes without saying' that he does that...not a great explanation, and not an excuse, but what the hey. XD)

23. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I've seen that too, I know they said that towards the end of season 1 they were making better models and they utilized them in season 2 obviously, but perhaps they still had some shots leftover they needed from the season 1 models? I don't know...it is weird, but I can live with it[face_peace]

24. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Speaking of higher qualities... [face_mischief] :D :D :D [face_mischief]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTUYe9ybs0M

^The Trailer from the top of this page in better clarity! [face_dancing]

25. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I've already seen it, Baratne..thanks!:D ;)