main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* TCW online comics thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The_Attackinator, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090310162050/starwars/images/6/6e/Twilight.jpg] = [image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4MUf6T4VzPw/SnQ9Ji5Br3I/AAAAAAAALKw/DonudDyRpUw/s320/spaceballs-eagle5-winnebago-papercraft.jpg] ?

[face_thinking]

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    (completely missing the point) You all heard it! I have been granted clearance to be a subversive element in LACWAC through the use of optimism and goodwill! By a Moderator, no less! [face_laugh]

(back on point) I certainly get the possibility of it not boding well for its appearances in the series, as we've all got to worry about which things they steamroll, which they reconstruct, etc.. Still, if Dave and the crew DO monitor forums on and off, then we might get lucky and they might notice what we're saying. So by all means, Gry, let the love for the Twilight flow! They'll have to notice ONE of us if we bring in a flood of Twilight discussion...the winnebago, not the vampires. I would sooner rip a Kel Dor's antiox mask off and leave them to die a horrible death in an oxygenated environment than bring in excess chick-lit. [face_laugh]

(back on topic) Quick question! Any chances we'll see more of the Twilight in future webcomics? And branching off from there, while we're asking for Ganch and Keelyvine to put in an appearance on-screen, how about bringing up a return of the Twilight? That thing's got figurative heart and soul! :D

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Isn't one of those pirates the same race as Embo?

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The Jedi Shuttle is great and all, but it's nothing compared to the Twilight! I love how the one wing moves around it as it flies. It looks so graceful, even though the ship really is not.

Bring on more Twilight! :D

5. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    I don't know, an episode featuring General Grievous hunting down a bunch of sparkling emo vampires with extreme prejudice could be entertaining in a schadenfreudish sort of way.

6. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    They will probably do one more episode with the Twilight and it will be destroyed so Dave can use the Jedi Shuttle from then on!

7. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Awwwww, that would be like destroying TCWs Millenium Falcon. :(

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Rex is letting his hair grow out a bit in the comic. Kind of cool to see.

Also, I can't begin to contemplate the awesomeness a Rex/Cody/Ganch team-up could produce.

9. Rexter-fangirl

Rexter-fangirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2010
    Yes and yes...

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You know, I'm rather surprised at the direction that the writers took Tyzen Xebec. I expected a young Zabrak Padawn, whose Master was brutally murdered to want revenge. I was hoping for an angry Tyzen, one who abandons the Jedi Order and goes hunting for Cad Bane, looking to avenge Bolla Ropal. At first I had my hopes, in fact, when we saw Sanya, I thought that she and Tyzen might end up hunting Bane together. It would have made a nice comic, of course, they wouldn't catch Bane, but they would encounter some of his allies or ex-partners, and kill them. It's a pity they chose to show Tyzen staying as a Jedi, I know it's admirable that he managed to control his grief and rage, but it woulld have been more interesting to see a revenge-driven Jedi. One who would use anger to hunt his enemies, and would be similar to Nadhar Vebb, in the sense that he believed in power. It would also be ironic, as Tyzen would be betraying his Master's principles, for Bolla Ropal was a pacifist.

11. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    "Revenge isn't a Jedi concept." - George Lucas

:)

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    In his defense, Tyzen has a pretty reliable 'brother figure' in Ganch, and there are no skeletons in his closet unlike Anakin. :p

13. Terellian_jango

Terellian_jango Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2010
    Bad idea, Tzyen is not old enough to look scary.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Imagine him with a dirty face and a loincloth. I daresay he'd look just like Gollum. With horns.

Now that's scary.

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why is the RSO made up of attractive, buxomy women? Not that there's anything wrong with that - just curious if that's a job requirement... Kinda like Charlie's Angels maybe...?

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    No, at least one of them was a guy.

Though it does make him the odd one out...I do wonder about this organisation though. It was put together so fast...and yet the Republic doesn't recruit for the army proper.

I love how everyone is completely calm about the bombs. Kind of bored in the Clones case, and kind of excited for the RSo people.

17. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    So, where is Fisto?

No, seriously. Why did the story just ditch him when all he did was fly his fighter around and give padawan tips?

I still liked what he said about Yoda though... [face_laugh]

18. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I like the RSO. I love it any time TCW borows somerhing from wars of the past, like the WWII-style newsreel at the beginning.

19. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    The RSO is actually an existing Fan organization I was a big part of putting together (which has it's roots since 2007 at C4). It's based loosely on the USO. It started as the ISO (Imperial Service Organization) and since we're currently not working with the Empire, we adjusted it for the time of the Republic. I was given the OK by Lucasfilm to incorporate them into the very first Clone Wars web comic from Season 1 (see the very first page as well as various "nose art" thru the series). It was just now we were given the thumbs up to use them in a major role in a SW story.

You may see them at Cons as well as LFL events as they have been asked to participate.

As for Kit not being in this story, this is a separate story.

20. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    There are men in the RSO, but they are few and far between just as it was with the USO. I was asked by Lucasfilm to try and include a male character in the group.

21. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    So, why was Kit around to begin with? To spread positivity? I didn't understand any of the last story, to be honest.

22. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Just be glad he was there. We haven't gotten as much luck in the series itself. ;)

23. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    True. Very True. I am glad. :D

I'm just still angry over how wasted Fisto's saber is if all he does is stand or sit around...

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah...I read the article on that....

I was more talking about its in in-universe origins....

25. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Oh. Well honestly, it's a new organization in the timeline at this point and maybe we'll get to throw some more info down the road. Lucasfilm embracing it is a great step forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.