main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* TCW online comics thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The_Attackinator, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    Tonight... Hodges... Hidalgo... LIVE the Forcecast... BE THERE: http://forcecast.net/

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Thanks Tom!

Also: extra lives for the Doc Holliday reference. [face_cowboy]=D=

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Very cool, I'll listen in.

How about a Grievous drawing? :p

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

-Artwork...pretty...thank you very much!

Copied from lit thread:

So, we finally get to see Ukio...sweet.

I Liked the agricorps member too. Not everyone is a jedi afte rall. Though we have recently seen more of the agricorps than the other service corps. I get the medical corps is small, but how about the education corps and explorer corps?

Kid was rude. This amuses me.

Great heart to heart between the Padawan and his Clone Commander. Ganch almost seems like a better jedi teacher than Tyzen's actual jedi teachers.

Anyway, I am really liking everything about Act On Instinct. The characters, the art, story overall, the politics...good stuff. Good stuff.

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Pretty cool that they're using Ukio, a very obscure Zahn trilogy creation. Also points for exploring the AgriCorps and the fact that Jedi assigned to it are washout padawans.

And yeah, Ganch rules. Talk about a man commited to his duties.

6. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    I'm glad you guys are digging the direction. I think a lot of people are going to really become attached to Ganch as the story progresses. Tyzen has a lot to learn and We just introduced Keelyvine... give her some time. :)

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009

QFT.

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006

I'm looking forward to her giving those dual sabers a whirl.

9. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    I have something special going on Friday, head to my website for details: http://www.tomhodges.com/?p=500

10. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
  11. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I'm rejoicing!!! Whether the old Webcomics were good or not, this Webcomic series rules!

Yes, it's because Kit is in it. [face_laugh]

Seriously though, I am interested in seeing how this story fills out. Tyzen is Aang and that Devaronian girl is Katarra. :p

12. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    I would like to see Tyzen learn and develop under the tutelage of Ganch. Keelyvine doesn't want him. He's growing up during a war with a Clone Commander breed for war.

13. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I agree, he does seem to learn more from Ganch then he does his Jedi masters.(although I'm not sure how much he learned under Master Ropal...it seems a good bit if he was so profoundly affected by his death.)

It's a shame we can't see this padawan in action in the actual series, I actually like his character and look forward to seeing more installments of this story.

14. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    I'm getting into this story but when is the next chapter due.

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    You never know... It could be next week, it could be next month. The unpredictability of this thing's releases makes it hard to really get into it.

16. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Due to the Holiday, there will not be a Web Comic with this weeks (January 1st) new episode. We come back in full swing Next Week!

A quick heads up for fans of the series. I have made available a set of pages from this season and the information can be found here: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4038763&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#4038763

17. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Tyzen is Aang and that Devaronian girl is Katarra.
    Hmmm...I also thought Tyzen reminded me of Aang, but I don't know why.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Wow, at long last!

Wow, I had no idea that Pharl McQuarrie was already an established character, appearing the background in Ep5!

And cool to see a sort of early version of the Orbital Nightcloak seen in Courtship of Princess Leia.

20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Seems a lot more cost effective than a night cloak....

Yeah, great siege weapon. It either forces them to drop their shields or starve to death. Win-win for the attacker.

21. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes, very interesting...But I wonder how the padawans will play into this?

22. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    This was something I was very proud to be able to do because I know Ralph. I've been around him several times, the last time was at his Birthday party earlier this summer. It breaks my heart he can no longer create but LOVES to chat with artists. Loves looking at artists work. A few pics of us at the Presidio (some with Dennis Muren):

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2292091055_93d06fa0e5.jpg]
    [image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3037/2292896734_17aa79e062.jpg]

In this one, the gentleman to Ralph's left was showing us the Digital Karen Allen model in action for Indy 4 (We were at ILM during Post)
    [image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2292110967_350b9bddfa.jpg]

In this one, we're watching a Modeler building in 3D what would eventually be the USS Kelvin from the opening of "Star Trek":
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2402/2292112719_f8f7d5211a.jpg]

So you can only imagine how much getting him in the comic meant to me.

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Pretty incredible photos. Can't imagine what it would be like to share an artistic experience with somebody like Ralph McQuarrie...would be like talking to Picasso or something.

Thanks for sharing the photos, a small part of me was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.:cool:

24. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Hey! Remember the webcomic?! Well, I sure don't...

It's really sad what happened to this. I think by now it's safe to say that moving away from tie-in short stories and into a long paralel story arc was a mistake. How can anyone connect to an ongoing story that is told a few pages at a time, released almost monthly? That kind of sporadic release schedule works all right for independent short stories that just serve to introduce and expand on the current episode. With an ongoing tale it just kills it dead. I remember reading about the writers having hopes of making Ganch and that zabrak padawan into recognizable and loved characters. Well, fat chance of that when I can't even remember the name of that zabrak padawan, it's been so long since I last read about his exploits...

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Yup. IMHO, disconnecting it from the animated series just made it more EU. No offense to the talented artists working on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.