main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official* TCW online comics thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The_Attackinator, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Disconnecting it from the series just made it into yet another comic book. We didn't really need that, there are already plenty of those out there. Yes, this one happens to be free, but on the other hand the release schedule is hectic and when something does come out it's just a couple of pages. It's not enough to get anyone really into the story.

The previous format served a really nice purpose of filling in the blanks where they didn't have time to cover something in the TV show. For example, right now we could be having a webcomic explaining what exactly is the purpose of Satine's trip offworld, since in the episode this was left unexplained.

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    That woman in the last photo looks like she works out.:p

And I agree with Gry and LawJedi...I've been following this tale from the beginning and it's shaping up to be a great story, but after awhile I can see how interest could be lost. But at the same time, perhaps the artists and writers are busy on more pressing projects as well.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am going to have to disagree with you Sarth. While I also cannot remember the Xabrak padawan's name (because it is so hard to spell/pronounce), I really do find the characters to be memorable. I love Ganch and his almost Jedi-like zen qualities, the snarky clone, the Doctor in all his little quirks etc.

I am very interested in where this is going. Idlely, I wonder if the show might have been better had it focused on the characters here. Granted, it is great as is so not likely, but still....

Though I do see where you are coming from. It occurred to me last friday that in season one, we probably would have seen a webcomic of the Mandolorian attacking the cruiser.

4. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Oh yeah, that would have been an awesome webcomic. A lone Mandalorian, causing havoc amomg Republic troops and taking his own life at the end.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ah, the poor webcomic. I take it these things must be a lot of effort to produce, since I can think of at least one other interesting series that died out over time. I'm hoping this series lasts a little longer, though.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Very nicely made one. Until the last page, that one didn't make much sense. Or maybe it's because I already forgot the plot points we were supposed to be following.

8. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    My first impression was that those farmhands at the end have been possessed by the brain worms...gods, I hope not. Or it's an uprising of some sorts. Either way, it's nice to put focus back on the younglings again.

9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I liked the Seps first plan better.

10. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I love the Doctor though. He is so fascinated by working on something that affects droids as well as organics he actually thanks the Magistrate for the idea.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm willing to forgive the delays because this is one of the only sources putting the Separatist leaders to proper use. :cool:

12. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I think it's obvious that that satellite dish, whatever it is, is sending out some sort of 'drive organics nuts' signal. See the shot of the dish starting up, the eopie notices the sound... then goes completely bonkers. ;)

13. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Hmmm, I missed that...but seeing them coming at the younglings and their eyes whited out, that was my first thought. I'll have to read it again to catch that.;)

14. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    Webcomic update!

http://starwars.com/clonewars/comic/#/?page=53

I can't for the life of me see how anything going on is relevant to the TV series anymore.

15. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    At the moment it probably doesn't connect much as it is telling its own story, but then perhaps it will return to tie in with the series' storyline at the end of the season.

16. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Dang, that's some creepy stuff they have going on in this update.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I like how it's not species-specific (thus far). More unpredictable that way.

18. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Wonder whether Doctor (who, I might add, is badass) factored the force in when making this weapon, for that matter: Tyzen and the AgriCorps girl haven't been affected. Have we gotten any explanation on how it works?

19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Very nice "episode". I like it how they made the aggression stuff escalate gradually enough so that it didn't jump out immediately. At first it just seemed like the characters were short tempered and reckless, but eventually they seemed raging mad.

20. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Whoa, what a twist! It seems whatever is going on has affected the clones as well. Once it's sorted out I wonder how it will affect Tyzen and Ganch's relationship.

Edit: Damn, forgot how to spell the padawan's name.:p

21. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    An interview on The Electric Playground (G4 Canada): http://www.elecplay.com/watch/20/32/4/18/ for the Clone Wars Web Comics!

22. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Nice interview. Good to know that I'm not the only one who can't remember the padawan's name.

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    New issue: http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/comic/#/?page=59

I really thought the commander had killed himself. Also, that was pretty disturbing when Tyzen was affected by the...um...are we sure what's happening to them yet?

24. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Clearly the Seps are playing really annoying music. :p

Yeah, so much for the "jedi are immune" idea, though they do seem resistent. Or maybe there just wasn't anything to piss them off earlier?

25. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, I thought he stabbed himself in the neck too...that was a pretty big needle![face_worried] Hopefully when he wakes up, he'll be alright and they figure out what the heck's going on. And I wish these updates were more then three pages long(but I realize they probably got other things going on too.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.