main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* TCW televised series Trailer on CN Reactions Thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by WedgeWalker, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    What did y'all think?

Just making this the official thread for discussion of the trailer. G_M.

2. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Really, really, REALLY awsome. This show is going to kick a lot of you know what.

3. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Amazing. Much better trailer than the ones for the movie. Looks epic, I can't wait. Just one more month to go.

4. TheTelmarine

TheTelmarine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    Stunning, incredible, and... Grievous! [face_dancing] =D=

5. JediKnightErik

JediKnightErik Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2008
    I thought it was fantastic.

6. mandalore15

mandalore15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2000
    Cartoon Network's website is streaming the last 30 seconds of it on their homepage right now, but not the full trailer.

Come on starwars.com! Sleeping on the job!

I figured I would have found about 20 versions of it on youtube by now.

7. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    While the main page only has the last part, you can see the full trailer here.

8. DarthPack

DarthPack Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    Cool and unexpected voice for Plo Koon... Grievous was great. Loved the clones running down what appears to be the corridor of the Death Star.

9. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    That was greatly encouraging. :D

10. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Plo Koon's voice was very nice, though definitely not what I was expecting. I also liked the Mon Calamari knight's voice, though he lacked the Ackbar wheeze. Perhaps the good Admiral just has asthma...

Overall, all I can say is....is it October 3rd yet?

11. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    I love it and can't wait till october third. Although you beat me to posting about it...

12. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    DANG IT! Why the fudge was there no advance notice here? I totally would have DVRed this. The cartoon network site isn't working for me. I so want to see this.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I have to wait one month!!!!!:_|

Seriously though, it looks excellent, animation, voice overs, everything. I CANT WAIT

14. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    When I went to the Cartoon Network site, the browser had to load the entire 22mb file into the cache before it would play. The little movie window would just sit there saying "Loading." It didn't move or anything.

Maybe that was what was going on with you too.

15. TheMcguffin

TheMcguffin Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    There was...it was on the main page.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Definitely one of the better trailers they've done.

And that last scene totally sold the show for me. (Not like it was necessary)

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    There was a bunch of confusion over whether it was a TCW trailer or TFU, although it made much more sense for it to be a TCW trailer.

Impressions: WOW. :D:eek:=D=

Is it just me, or does the animation look better than in the theatrical release?

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, it looks more polished. There seems to be a bit more detail to everything.

19. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Oh. Maaaan. That's sweet. [wips drool]
    Grievous looks great, and he's there for more 1 second!
    Check out Yoda beating the Roger Roger out of the droids.
    Awwsome.
    Dooku though, he doesn't sound like Christopher Lee, kinda hard to tell, however.
    Can't wait!

"Goodbye Jedi!! Hahahaha!"

20. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Considering how the Ahsoka/Anakin relationship is more little sister/big brother than Padawan/Master, I'm hoping for an episode where Ahsoka and Padmé meet. For Anakin, it would be like his girlfriend and little sister meeting for the first time and getting along quite well.

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Looks like Obi-Wan fights Grievous at one point....doesn't match up that well with ROTS, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Plo Koon's voice was cool - I thought it was going to be this weird modulated thing, but it works well.

22. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Yay, it finally worked! I apologize for the foul language in my previous post. ("dang", "fudge".) As you can see, I can get pretty crude when I am upset.

Thanks for the help, WedgeWalker. That was exactly my problem--just a still "loading" image. I didn't think it was making any progress. I happened to leave the page up, stepped away from the computer for a little while and then when I came back I saw that it had a "replay" option.

Now that I've seen it, here are my thoughts: Wow. WOW. That is really incredible. How can anybody watch that and not be excited for this show? It looks like the animation has improved compared to the movie. It still has the epic, cinematic look, but now the characters seem to be moving a little more naturally. I was expecting Plo Koon to have a more electronic-ey sounding voice, but I can live with this.

23. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    you can also view and download the .flv file here.

And yes, theforce.net had a story up alerting us to the new trailer. I had to endure 30 minutes of Ben Alien or whatever that show was to watch the trailer and it was worth it. The animation was top notch and light years ahead of the theatrical movie. Perhaps the new trailer will change the minds of those didn't like what they saw previously.

I particularly enjoyed all of the OT/PT musical themes in the trailer. The ending battledroid scene was obviously put there to irk the critics. :p

24. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    For those that have seen Avatar: the Last Airbender, does Plo Koon sound vaguely like Master Pakku to you? As well, if I'm not mistaken, the Mon Cal is voiced by Tom Kenney, aka Nute Gunray, Jake Spider-monkey and Spongebob Squarepants.

25. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.