main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* TCW televised series Trailer on CN Reactions Thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by WedgeWalker, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Ok, by "advance notice" I mean more than a day. I checked the site earlier this morning and there was nothing. Go out for the day, come back and I see that I've missed it. But hey, no big deal now that it's online and viewable by me.

October 3rd is coming up pretty quickly. Barely over a month away! We are so close to new Star Wars on a weekly basis. This is so exciting!

I want to point out that I like the wimpy looking Mon Calamiri jedi. He kind of reminds of Kif Kroker from Futurama.

2. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I hope that anyone who may have doubted where Star Wars was going got to see that trailer. It rocked I am stunned literally stunned.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Now THAT'S podracing. [face_dancing]

Great shot of Luminara Unduli.

Anyone wondering whether Grievous was going to be amazing can now have any doubts removed.

4. Azura

Azura Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2008
    Impressive. Most impressive. :cool:

5. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    Personally, I loved it. Very excited about the show (not that I wasn't to begin with, but still).

Animation and art direction both look great. Voices sound good (but I will miss Christopher Lee...pretty sure that's not his voice in the trailer).

There also seems to be a lot of variety in terms of the visuals (locales in particular).

On the whole....hurry up Oct 3!

6. Dalsk

Dalsk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    That trailer was simply breathtaking !

I just need a little help with two lines. I'm French and I didn't understand two things :

0:19 : What exactly is Dooku saying ?
    1:13 : And there I don't understand what Grievous is saying to Ahsoka.

If someone could help me, this would be much appreciated :)

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Wow, very nice trailer. I still shudder to think of the continuity implications, but... at this point, who cares when it looks this great? I know what I'll be doing every Friday night probably. Must remember to set DVR.

8. hanimal

hanimal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2000
    was anyone else a bit irritated that the entire trailer seemed like it was from the two episodes about which we've already heard alot about - that being the Plo-Koon one and the Luminara one? I am dying to see/hear what will happen in the other 20 episodes of the season! - - who will show up, etc.

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    No, that is how all television show trailers work.

10. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    I don't know...there also seems to be clips from the Yoda episode(I assume. Unless Yoda gives pep talks to the clones over multiple episodes) and the Grevious origin episode.

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    To quote the wonderful battle droids: "Well, that was impressive." [face_laugh]
    Man, I hope they have a battle droid joke every episode. Or three.

12. mandalore15

mandalore15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2000
    Dooku is voiced by Corey Burton in the series, pretty much the most versatile and prolific voice actor working today. He was Dooku in the micro series as well. Check out his resume on IMDB. It's pretty amazing. Can you believe the guy who voiced Ziro the Hutt is Dooku as well?

13. TheTelmarine

TheTelmarine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    Dooku says (to Grievous, I presume), "The ongoing stalemate in the war has become unacceptable." Girevous says "Your friends won't help you!" Hope that helps!
    ;)

14. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    If anybody watches Cartoon Network on a regular basis, they seem to be airing other promos too. I just caught one which featured Ahsoka narrating about how she's going to succeed as a padawan(or something), while the camera slowly pulls back to reveal her face. Meanwhile, various action clips are displayed in kind of a holographic fuzz in the background.

Not as exciting as the big trailer, but it was a cool surprise to see. I didn't get a real good look at it, so I'm not sure if the battle clips in the background were new or not.

15. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    HOLY SNAP. That was awesome. What a nice little surprise and good to see an advertisement for the show finally. The scenes looked incredible, even better than the movie. Even the animation looks better. My only complaint, and my only complaint of the theatrical trailers after seeing the movie is the score. Why have the music from the movies in the trailers and previews if it's not used at all. Kevin Kiner is composing the series and his stuff sounds very different than JW. Why not just use his music? It's almost false advertisement.

16. TheTelmarine

Jul 27, 2008
    I agree. I was really hoping the trailer would open up with Kiner's version of the main theme. Ah well. :rolleyes:

17. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Very good. Very very good. Liking the animation more and more.

Cool to finally hear Plo Koon speak, though I thought he would sound more Vader-like. Nice to see Greivous in action, too. Can't wait for the series to begin!

18. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    It looks even better than the movie, and I loved the movie! :D

19. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    FINALLY, some space battles!

20. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I wish we would've heard what Fisto sounds like.

21. Dalsk

Dalsk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    That's great, thank you very much :)

22. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Comments on the voice acting: Everybody sounds pretty good.

Corey Burton's Dooku is great as always.

Plo Koon definitely sounded diffrent than what I expected him to, but he sounds cool though, like a wily veteran of many battles and that's what he is, I guess. It sounds like its James Arnold Taylor voicing him (the guy who voices Obi-Wan) I'm not totally sure though.

Nahdar Vebb is Tom Kenny for sure, you can just hear SpongeBob's voice lol.

Overall this trailer rocks! The animation looks alot better than the movie and it looks like were going to get some great story and character stuff. C'mon Oct. 3rd!

23. TheTelmarine

Jul 27, 2008
    No problem! :)

24. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    The first full capture of the trailer I found on youtube, no HD yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwtOs_IEMSI

25. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    This looks great :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.