main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* TCW televised series Trailer on CN Reactions Thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by WedgeWalker, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I'm so pumped for this show. I thought the trailer was incredible. I also hope that we don't have any goofs and see Anakin fighting grievous any time during the show. That would make his "shorter than I expected" line seem really out of place. He better be in space or doing something else when Ashoka and Obi Wan encounter Grievous or this series will lose me pretty quickly.

However, count me among those that see nothing really wrong with Obi-wan fighting grievous. It puts a different spin on episode III, but doesn't really contradict or change anything. We all assumed it was their first meeting, but we didn't know for sure. This simply changes our perspective a bit.

2. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Even after seeing and liking TCW in the theaters the trailer for the TV show impressed me even more. I think the show will be much better received than the feature. On the big screen it had to be compared to the live action movies but for an television show it looks amazing. So far above any animated show out there.

3. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    This is going to be awesome! If it wasn't for all the people in the library I'd jump off my seat and start shouting in excitement.

Those space battles make drull, it reminded me when I would see space battle trailer footage for the movies. It's looks stunning! =P~

[edit]

Did anyone notice that shot of the clone troopers running down that familiar looking corridor with death star panels. I thought that looked awesome.

Those battle droid keep getting funnier and funnier, "That was impressive!" LoL.

4. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    In the episode they screened ... the luminara vs. ventress one... the animation WAS better than the movie. :)

5. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    That blew me away!!! Sheerly awesome action and side-splitting humor... this show will have it all!

I'm not picking up on substantial differences in the animation from the theatrical presentation. I more suspect perceived differences lie the presentation, or rather the animation is compacted onto a smaller screen and thus looks more detailed. Of course, if the team have been putting these together in order, then they may also be simply improving as they go along, naturally getting better at their craft.

This is where the fun begins! [face_dancing]

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I love the different kinds of shots we're getting - the Super Battle Droid with the grenade launcher, and the camera following the grenade, the shots of Anakin and Ahsoka side by side down the corridor, Anakin down the corridor from the camera over his shoulder, plus the insane space battle shots.

7. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    My reaction? The same one I had for the ROTS teaser: WHOA!

8. Jedi_Poke

Jedi_Poke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    Firstly, let me say..... AWESOME! This is the best Star Wars I've seen in years.
    Secondly, it looks so dark. I'm sure the editors of the trailer chose dark scenes to give the show more of an edge, and credibility. Also they may have picked the best animated bits of the whole series to make up the trailer. There was a lot of talk about a lack of continuity with the quality of the animation in the film. I hope that isn't the case for the series.
    Overall though, I am VERY impressed.

But I am also concerned, because I do not have access to Cartoon Network as I don't have pay TV here in Australia. What other option do I have and still watch it legally? Do I have to wait until seried 1 is out on DVD? Anyone?

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    We're annoyed at the lack of confirmation on international airings.

I believe in the TV listings thread, Oz is getting it, check there to be sure. :)

10. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but this trailer makes the series seem like it will be better than the movie. It looks awesome. I hope i'm right!

11. Jedi_Poke

Jedi_Poke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    Let me correct my last post. I could get Cartoon Network if I wanted. I just can't justify a Foxtel subscription for one TV show (even though it will be the best animated TV show EVER!)

12. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008

psssst you didn't hear me say this but there is always the internet. I love canadian TV because they usually telvise shows days before the US does and then they go up online the same day. I used to get to watch heroes a day or two ahead because of it. But you didn't hear that from me and no I don't have any death sticks to sell either

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    careful, Thorn,you're getting into dangerous territory.

At any rate, it appears that in Canada, CTV will be airing the show on Sunday evenings, meaning those of us in Canada will have to wait a full 48 hours before seeing the new ones. :(

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    =D= I hope thats correct. I don't work on Sunday nights, and I'm very selfish:p I don't want my fellow Canadian's to see it before I do:p Though, thats usually what happens.

Sunday was my favorite Galactica timeslot as well.:) Then they moved it to Saturday and my TV watching was forever fudged......

15. jedi_dude77

jedi_dude77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    I thought the film was amazing and now I'm even more excited (didn't think that was possible) about the new series!

I think that the animation is pretty much the same as the film, maybe it's the lighting, the compact size of the screen and streaming that makes it appear slicker? Just a thought.

16. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I know it was risky and with most things Star Wars I would never advocate such a thing but I want my fellow fans to have full access to all the wonder and joy. Now as far as CTV goes are you sure they will be behind and not ahead? There were several of my favorite shows that were shown early on CTV like the aforementioned heroes and studio 60. So maybe you will skunk the rest of us and be several days ahead.

17. UltimateJustin

UltimateJustin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Guys, please no soliciting or offers for PMs to watch any kind of pirated material. It's going to be tough on all of us who have to wait to watch TCW on our local networks, but we can't point the way to any pirated material. Thanks very much. G_M.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    the trailer looks awesome, but i am not getting burned again. I'm going to wait until I see the tv series before making any decisions if it is awesome. too many times we say its good and it crashes and burns. I also have a hard time really thinking of the droids as a menace.

19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007

Also, Transformers Animated on YTV always aired before it did down south. Sometimes we get lucky :D

20. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm pretty sure most networks offer their shows online in completely legal fashion these days. The Clone Wars section of cartoonnetwork.com seems tailor-made to provide a fully authorized way of viewing the show online. I'm more likely to catch it that way myself, tho it's likely to get dvr'd in my house as well!

21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    There are often blocks of somekind raised when trying to view programming from USA network websites in other countries. So in the USA, Cartoon Network would be easy to view, but likely impossible to download legally in other countries.:)

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    That trailer kicked ass. It showed so much more of it, and what potential the show had. Thanks for the link, I can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.