main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Teaser Poster

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Apr 14, 2017.

1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015

[​IMG]

2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015

Gotta say I've never seen this one before
    [​IMG]

Oops sorry for double post

Grilled Hutt likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    lol. holy crap.

4. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    okay wow I'm embarrassed a tad. not sure why that didn't cross my mind.....

5. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    has anyone seen this? It's really well researched and interesting take:

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/post/159916581289/the-last-jedi-poster-an-astronomical-hint-the

[​IMG]

oncafar and KembaSkywalker like this.
  6. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    hm i doubt they are going to pursue Kylo but they could, I think kylo comes to them.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    he comes to them but once he comes what happens next? He stays with them but how? As a prisoner? His own will? Dear guest? :)

8. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Maul: "At last we will have revenge."

What if Rey finds, in the old Jedi books on Ahch-to, that the Sith (or their ancestral equivalent) came first, and were benevolent? But then the Jedi faction supplanted them, violently, and since then...the Sith became an anger-driven, vengeful force determined to wipe out the Jedi?

There's no basis at all for this speculation. Just thought it would be interesting.

9. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I listened to a podcast earlier, and to my great delight was able to enjoy a 10-minute conversation where the hosts all spoke with great earnestness about the alignment of Luke and Rey's faces and the potential interpretations and symbolic meanings of this. Of course, the lovely close-up of 'Rey' they were talking about was actually Kylo Ren. Suffice to say I continue to be tickled by how benign and attractive they made Kylo look in this poster.

10. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i am so confused about how people could mistake kylo's face for rey's... but anyway!

what i find most interesting about the poster is how luke and kylo are at complete odds (two sides, each of which thinks it is right? extremism?). and how rey will in some way transcend this conflict (transcending a black and white view of good and evil? the polarization of light vs. dark, formerly jedi vs. sith?). both kylo and luke are in the red in a sort of violent opposition to one another. something broke them apart badly. kylo destroyed luke's "school" and students. now luke may want to destroy kylo (i'm very curious where this will go).

this is also interesting if each has half of the kyber crystal in vader's light saber, representing anakin vs. vader. each interpreted the meaning of anakin/vader's story differently.

11. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    It strikes me as unlikely to happen, but as a fan of wild plot points and the accompanying nerdrage, I'm for it.

Link me please. I need to hear this. [face_rofl]

Also, I'm so confused by their confusion. As soon as I saw the poster I knew it was Driver, not Ridley. And even if they're initially confused, a poster having little Rey with the saber and then Rey again above little Rey would just be a weird composition choice IMO.

12. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I've seen it on various forums too, that posters thought Kylo was Rey. [face_tee_hee]

But then, maybe they wanted people to think that at first, because it makes you think why he is shown in such a way that creates confusion. In short, not the designated villain of the poster, that's for sure.

13. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
  14. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    That can't be a widespread opinion, can it? It's clearly Kylo.

No wonder eyewitness accounts are so unreliable...

Eyewitness: *pointing to a picture on the wall* "It was him! That's the murderer."
    Officer: "That's George Washington."

15. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Oh, I agree. It isn't widespread but it happens because, as you say, unreliable witness.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  16. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    It's Rebel Force Radio's Celebration episode, around 58 minutes in here: http://rebelforceradio.libsyn.com/rebel-force-radio-april-15-2017

It's especially amusing given that we're not talking about a little podcast here - RFR is perhaps the biggest/most populist one, and they're completely unaware of what they actually saw (i.e. massive closeups of Luke and Kylo, not Luke and Rey).

17. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Thanks for the link. I haven't listened to RFR in a while. Not that they shouldn't have a voice. It's just, those podcasters who have no idea what they're looking at, they exist, but they are the minority in the community of genre entertainment. We shouldn't go overboard to please these people.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    *Raises hand* I thought it was Rey when I first looked at it. It didn't take me long to realize it was actually Kylo but yeah... [face_blush]

19. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    Nor have I, actually - I stopped listening due to all the controversy a while ago. I only dipped into it for this because I was curious to hear their Celebration episode after they got booted off the podcast stage (long story :p), and got rewarded by the poster discussion.

20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    https://www.glassesusa.com/

21. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    *hands Chiznuk glasses*

All kidding aside I see anger (Luke), fear/sadness (Kylo) and hope (Rey) embodied in the poster. It's the main Force users.

It's a good reminder that Luke and Kylo are two sides of the Skywalker family on polar opposite sides. Rey is the fulcrum that can either create or disrupt balance.

But I see Luke's two apprentices. I don't see Snoke. And I find that interesting.

oncafar and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

Birkendoc and Gigoran Monk like this.
  24. Gigoran Monk