main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official TFA Poster(s) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hippie1kenobi, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I searched but only found threads for fanart or discussion of news that Struzan won't do the ST posters. How about a general discussion of the poster(s) for TFA?

What do you want to see? Do you like the older style of painted collages or photographic ones like the teasers for the PT? When do you think we will see the first one? Will there be some specifically focused on the new cast vs the old?

Thoughts?

Palpatine77 likes this.
  2. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I would like to see both the old & new cast standing in separate rows followed by a faint look of the face sith villain followed by stormtroopers,xwings & the millenium falcon, who's next.

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I like to see a concept poster for the first one. To me this day, I still love TPM teaser poster of Jake's shadow being Vader. When we get closer to release, they can come out with the more older style painted collage.

4. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I can't see us getting something that detailed until next summer.

This we might actually get as early as this Christmas. I hope.

5. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Agree on all points.

6. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    So you like my idea? It seems that layout appears in most of the previous six movies. Im sure when it is released there will be mixed views.

LANDO_ROCKS and Lurknomore like this.
  7. Njfritz

Njfritz Jedi Master star 3

Oct 2, 2014
    Are they simply not releasing an official teaser poster? I think this is the first time in history we got a Star Wars Teaser Trailer before we got a poster.

8. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    A annoying change I think but this is why this thread was posted by hippie1kenobi I doubt anyone on the force awakens has thought of this error.

9. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, there were initially rumors/speculation that the first poster would drop with the first teaser. Since that hasn't happened, I figured it might be worth discussing.

10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    don't be surprised if the first poster is just a black sheet with the title treatment. and "December 2015."

spacename_the_name likes this.
  11. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I don't know. I feel like, thanks to the teaser, they wouldn't be reluctant to give us a poster that shows Boyega, Ridley, Isaac, the droid, and Driver (face covered), if nothing else. They could easily stick to images we've already seen.

12. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I don't know what's going to happen. I'm just telling you not to be surprised. Now you won't be. My work here is done.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  13. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Don't lock the thread please!!! There is bound to be more who want to reply.

14. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Sorry, I'm locking it. As soon as I can find someone to give me mod access.

15. Ligenot

Ligenot Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I'd like to see a one sheet of a haggard Luke Skywalker with stringy, oaten hair and a stramineous grey beard nestling out of a shadowy hood or cowl of black or dark brown material.

16. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Seems like Luke is being brought down a level is youth passed by I wonder what is stance will be?

17. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I hope they stay away from those Hobbit style character posters.

[​IMG]

18. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I thought we would see this in Dec, seemed like a good time. However with the trailer hype i don't think they want to give us to much at one time. So maybe Celebration VII.

19. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
  20. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    ´Maybe something like this:

[​IMG]

Seeher likes this.
  21. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    I think Jake Lloyd with Vader's shadow might have been the last great Star Wars poster.

I'm hoping for a simple image with a strong concept for the teaser poster. Maybe something involving Luke's lightsaber? I might previously have said something involving the Falcon but that's already had it's big "I'm back" moment so it wouldn't be that exciting to see. I just hope it doesn't feature the Vader helmet because that's already had it's share of mugging the posters of films it wasn't even in.

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe for a teaser poster they could have a lightsaber shown with two hands holding it and the tagline "There's been an awakening" Like said in the trailer.

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Showing the poster would probably mean showing the villain full on as well. Apparently, they don't want to do that yet. I think we'll be getting some promo shots of the main cast along with names of characters, closely followed by the poster.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  24. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Just a big closeup of the ball droid with the caption "Rolling into theaters 2015!"

25. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'll be honest the Anakin and Vader shadow is hands down my favorite Teaser Poster. I had it hanging up in my room right next to my dual of fates poster in high school.

[​IMG]

They could easily do something with Luke similar except a bit backwards depending on which of these rumors we have heard are true. An older Luke walking with the shadow of his former self on the wall.

Big Boss, CrazyBladeUK, JRB and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.