main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official TFA Poster(s) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hippie1kenobi, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    God, I hate the ROTS Chewie suit.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I think the ROTS suit is the best. Really love how it looks, and apparently so does marketing as they use it on tons of products.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think it looks (as far as these things go) not particularly like Chewie, and goofy as Hell. I cringe at the sight of it, lol.

Artoo-Dion , HanSolo29 and Ganger like this.
  4. Thequeb5

Thequeb5 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2015
    Just hit the net Ren and Rey's may be coming soon also

[​IMG]

Darkslayer and Satipo like this.
  5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Woah, Boyega's lightsaber looks way too long in that banner.

It sort of reminds me of the lightsaberish thing in ABBA's old album cover for Voulez-Vous. :p

[​IMG]

Ganger likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It looks like we have another International poster:

[​IMG]

And again, I have to say, the composition is more aesthetically pleasing than the main one that we got – a lot less cluttered and it allows your eye to travel around the image more freely.

I also really like the addition of the forest in the background.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I like it, as you say, much less cluttered. If the large Kylo was in the background, with the others in the foreground, then I'd really like it x

Skaddix and HanSolo29 like this.
  8. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Oops. Typed the above message as I received a text from my other half so posted as if replying. Sorry!

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

I would agree but yeah each new poster we get seems to cutdown extra characters we got the 5 with Released Face Posters + BB-8 sounds good to me. The other ones were too busy.

10. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I'm trying to do a close emulation of classic Struzan, using his exact methods, and I'm planning on:
    Rey, Finn, Poe, Han, Chewie, Leia, BB-8 Kylo. Agree about the posters being too busy.

11. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I love that Japanese movie poster. I think it will resonate very well with the average Japanese moviegoer, since they like to put the villain in center.

Skaddix likes this.
  12. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Hmm u know that is a good point that does seem to happen a lot when I think back to various manga and anime.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome - I would love to see it! :)

I'm also thinking about planning out my own for something special coming up. We'll have to see how it pans out.

14. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    It's actually Korean. ;)

EHT likes this.
  15. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    It's not very far along, but here's what I've done so far - digital drawing of Rey, cobbled together from three different photographic references. I'm doing a mock up drawn on iPad first, and will then transfer the line drawing into a 30x40 illustration board when Amazon delivers it...

[​IMG]

Think the head is slightly big, but I can edit that later while it's still in digital form. Have you posted your stuff anywhere?

Darth PJ and HanSolo29 like this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Put Luke in there! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My new Twitter cover picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Sorry for the double post I got excited lol

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Why must they make so many TFA posters that I love?

Darkslayer and jaqen like this.
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That is the worst one, yes. His suit in TFA looks pretty cool, but it still has that silky look to it that the ROTS suit had. There is also something that looks a little off about the head. So I would say his TFA suit is a cross between his ROTS and ANH looks.

It appears as though creating a new Chewbacca suit is like creating a new Predator suit and face. For some reason, despite better technology, more money and recourses and whatnot, they just can’t seem to beat the original suit or, more precisely, replicate it. Quite odd, really.

20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Still waiting for a Nien Numb poster......

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He's got one. Seriously.

B99 likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Krueger
    Meant to say poster.....But I wrote thread....?:oops:

EPIC FAIL!

Krueger likes this.
  23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    clinteastwoodbradfield

Sorry I'm responding so late. The image was blocked at my work and then I was out all night.

That is really impressive so far...you have a nice, clean drawing and that should translate well into the final piece. Are you going to use a grid to transfer the drawing or do you have a projector? I have to admit that the projector is a lot easier (I'm finding this out right now as I have to replicate the same drawing about 15 times for a project I'm working on with a deadline looming this Thursday), but I understand that they are a big investment and it may not be feasible for everyone. I am quite familiar with the grid method as well and use that when I can.

You mentioned that you were going to use Struzan's method, so airbrush and colored pencil? Again, I'm really curious to see what this looks like when it's completed, and of course, please continue to post WIPs! I always find it so inspiring to see how another artist works through the process.

I currently have a lot of my work up at my deviantART site in my sig. For the bulk of my work, I work primarily in Copic marker and Prismacolors, but I do a lot of my large scale pieces digitally. Of course, I don't have a lot of time to do the latter, but I should have some free time coming up soon around the holidays after this next big deadline is out of the way (let's just say there has been an awakening on that one... ;) )

I hope to see more from you soon! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Dammit, Star, put those things back in the hell from whence it came! :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.