main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official TFN Choreography Competition: Finalized Rules, Entry and Submission Guidelines***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Master_Comyn, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torr

Torr Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    Bummer, dude. He uploaded the fights yesterday.

2. MacGyver635

MacGyver635 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    whats the site????

3. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The site will be available tomorrow, I believe.

If it's up for discussion, I say let No-shadow's clip into the competition, since the entries haven't been publicly seen yet and thus he hasn't technically cheated.

I would say that his should be the last entry accepted though.

Ryan: We'll let the board decide who kicks whose ass.

M. Scott

4. nivlak

nivlak Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Can my submission be included as well since its not publicly posted yet either? It was my clip from Art of the Saber (final version). Thanks

5. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    First off, Nivlak? I'm including your submission, due to the fact that the TOTR submission is under the same guidelines and I don't feel like ruling out half the competitors over this. So your will be added to the lineup.

I'm still waiting to get NoShadow's clip, as long as he can get it in before I upload everything to Silverfox. The problem is, SilverFox and myself have both been busy with a lot of things. So once again, the competition will be delayed. But only for a short while this time.

Meanwhile, judges? PM me to let me know you're still alive and kickin'. We need to plan a chat. Let me know if you can be in the fanfilms room at IanStorm between 9 and 10pm EST tomorrow (Thursday). In fact, I'll try to PM you.

6. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    Actually, the AOTS clip WAS posted for a short time before Azeem managed to remove it.

However, my feeling is, the more the merrier. It makes the competition more interesting to have more than just two entries.

M. Scott

7. Darth_Knight

Darth_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    1. AWB1989 (or Comyn) do either of you know if the vid you recieved from my partner has been rotoscoped? (his AIM ID is BKofKOT)
    2. how many vids are entered now?
    3. when do we get to see them?

8. MacGyver635

Nov 8, 2002
    come on, i wanna see them!

9. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Comyn, if you need some more judges, I could help judge mb... I've taken a year of Jujutso, Aikido, Tae-Kwon-Do, and some other ones, and a half year of fencing. Plus I got a good eye ;), so if ya do need some more, just pm me or sumthin...

10. MacGyver635

Nov 8, 2002
    are they up yet?

11. Darth-Mildew

Darth-Mildew Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2002
    I think there might be some confusion as to the TOTR submission. The choreographed fight that we submitted was done originally just for this competition. However, after we had filmed it, it was decided to go ahead and attempt to incorporate it into our next film, which is our Twilight of the Republic, Episode 2. This episode (#2) has not been filmed yet, and the script is still being written and finalized. Actual shooting of the rest of the footage will not begin until April or May. So, the fight footage we have submitted is just that, and not something we edited out of existing footage of a completed, or nearly completed project. Our Episode 1 is nearing it's halfway point, and this fight is not in it.

I hope this helps clear up any misconceptions that might out there about the TOTR submission. It was planned and filmed only for this competition, nor are we professional film makers. I look forward to seeing everyone's footage. Everyone is to be commended for participating in this project, and everyone has earned my appreciation just by a part of this fun opportunity.

v/r,

the TOTR Team.

12. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Well I guess that makes Lightsabre Porcupine Man all the more legal! 8-}

13. Darth-Mildew

Darth-Mildew Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2002
    I think alot of people are going to be confused by that reference until they get a chance to view our clip. :)

TOTR-Team

14. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I know what Comyn's talking about... ;)

Sage H.

15. MacGyver635

Nov 8, 2002
    When will they be up?

16. Bobobear

Bobobear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    MacGyver: they'll be up when he's done. Your constant badgering won't speed things up - you can't expect everything to come to you on a silver platter.

17. MacGyver635

Nov 8, 2002
    MacGyver: they'll be up when he's done. Your constant badgering won't speed things up - you can't expect everything to come to you on a silver platter.

I cant?

18. Darth_Knight

Darth_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    I agree that badgering isn't a good thing, but I do wish Comyn would at least give us a rough guesstimate on when we'll see the films

19. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    My apologies folks. But with all I've had to do lately, it's been rough. The last two weeks in my video class, my prof gave us three huge editing projects. Just to give you an idea of how busy I've been these past two weeks, take Thursday. That morning I worked on my Quicktime How To movie for my video class for about 3 hours. Then went to class at 12:30, started previewing media for the Nausea project (which involves hundreds of scenes on 20 CDs; took over an hour), imported about 600 megs of media (THAT took about 3 hours), then spent the next two hours renaming the clips, sorting them in order and began editing the first scene. Got out about 7, did some Christmas shopping (took 30 minutes, heh), then went home and started work on the QT movie for my youth group, which was a 5 minute music video with scenes from years past in the youth group. I was up till two in the morning finishing it up. So that was a 30-hour day right there. And that was just ONE day this week. It was also my only day off of work. :(

So before you guys start complain'! 8-}

By the way, I've uploaded most of the clips. It's just getting Darth_Knight's clip and the TOTR clip completely uploaded without errors that's the problem.

20. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah... I thought that'd shut you up.

Well, all the files except Darth_Knight's entry and AWB's clip have been uploaded. Sorry guys, but I'll see if I can do it again later. I must've tried it a dozen times on different days.

But the links have been sent to Daft, and he should be posting the links in a poll soon.

Oh, and to the two bickering youngin's of this contest, Ryan, you're a good visual effects artist, but no match for the refined choreography skills of Mr. Scott.

21. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    ^ [face_laugh]

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.