main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The PR stunt with Ahsoka seems like it sure isn't going to help the Jedi council any.

2. night0205

night0205 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    If they want to make a bold decision... put it on ABC. TCW isn't a kids cartoon anyways.

3. GOGO POP

GOGO POP Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2013
    So if they needed to wrap up the series in 20 episodes in Season 6 would would they need to address?
    • The fate of Ahsoka
    • The fate of Darth Maul
    • The fate of Asajj
    • The fate of Cad Bane
    • The fate of Rex
    • The kidnapping of Palpatine
    • The development of Order 66
    • I don't feel like we're done with Hondo and the pirates yet
    • I still think Commando Gregors story isn't over
    What else?​

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Let's cut that list to absolute necessary points:
    • The fate of Ahsoka
    • The fate of Darth Maul
    • The fate of Asajj
    • The fate of Rex
    I'm serious: Palpatine's kidnapping is well documented; Order 66 is similarly well explored; Hondo could easily continue as is; Gregor is superfluous to the story.

5. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013

6. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Ahsoka's fate was to leave the order. Filoni and Ashley covered that a ton. Which leaves:
    • The fate of Darth Maul (probably the most complex wrap up)
    • The fate of Asajj (I'm ok having Asajj not being addressed and leaving her fate to EU)
    • The fate of Rex (Sadly the easiest to wrap up, trooper death)
    So if you ignore Asajj and just kill off Rex the only REALLY loose end is Maul. The problem with Maul is he existed in MOVIE canon. Rex, Ahsoka and Asajj (excluding the original 2d Clone Wars) are all products of TCW. Maul is the really complex ending that needs to be solved. I have no clue what they will do with him.

7. GOGO POP

GOGO POP Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2013

I kinda agree those are the most important but Cad Bane is a great character who deserves a good ending. Palpatine's kidnapping has only been shown in the animated series but its needed here in the finale. I think Order 66 is about 90% baked. Okay on Gregor (just hoping). And Hondo is too awesome to not throw in one last time.

8. GOGO POP

GOGO POP Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2013

Maul is my least favorite story. It broke the rules of Star Wars. I don't like the hocus pocus magic junk where a guy who was cut in half is now alive again. If that's the case then no one is truly dead. We could expect anyone at anytime to come back. (lame)

But opinions aside - Filoni is a story teller who's going to finish stories for important characters. They might be obvious stories but you still have tell them.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Rex should get better than just a random death. I dislike it when folks say Rex should just randomly get shot and die during battle like an average trooper. I guess that's kinda cool. I mean, 'Pointlessness' of war and all. I want more from him though.

Maul turned out to be a good thing actually. He gave the show the genuinely menacing arc villain to battle the hero, which was really missing. Mixing him up with the other most menacing seeming character in the galaxy made for a great show.

QuangoFett and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I want to see Lucas' story, not what fans want.

InterestingLurker and cwustudent like this.
  11. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    ...okay? Good for you, I guess. The points are not mutually exclusive, however.

12. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013

Maybe Filoni thinks that sounds cool or something? :confused:

Thats not cool anymore when you repeat it for the 1.000.000th time, bro.

fett 4 and TaradosGon like this.
  13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I've learned that Lucas' story doesn't necessarily mean the best, or most enjoyable story anymore. So I couldn't care less about this "Lucas' vision" crap anymore, especially if it's going to deliver junk such as Mortis.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Maul just seems like an unnecessary headache. Sure, the story they told using him was cool, but there was no reason that they couldn't tell an equally good story without him. They could have continued the story line of Dooku trying to usurp Sidious, with Sidious finding out and putting him in his place. Or they could have used Savage and kept Maul out of it.

It's like they drew a random villain out of a hat, and decided that they were going to make that character a badass and try their best with him/her. They just don't put the same effort in with any of the characters that actually matter in the Clone Wars like Dooku or Grievous, which is sad. Because at the end of the day, no matter how much they try to retroactively make Maul relevant, he's not going to matter by the time of ROTS. The only real loophole would be if they retcon things so that Maul is the one that learned to cheat death and if Anakin knows of him/meets him to see first hand that the Dark Side has some value in that regard.

However, thus far they have entirely downplayed Maul's survival as anything particularly miraculous.

Zeta1127 and BW2 like this.
  15. night0205

night0205 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    No, when he says it in the context that there is a season 6, it's very cool.

16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    TaradosGon your desire for them to use Dooku and Grievous constantly would make for a boring show for me. I think many others have said they are sick of those two characters now. Regardless of how you use them we know what happens to them and they really aren't very interesting.

The original characters are the most interesting in that they have so much room to explore them with their unknown fates: Ahsoka, Ventress, Cad Bane, Pre Vizsla, Savage, Rex. Maul became an original character in that they expanded upon him so much more and we don't know his fate now. And they did really well with that this season in the Maul/Mandalore arc. The reason it worked so well is they had so much room to let their creativity flow and come up with a great story. He isn't a random villain of the week because they have been spinning him in different directions while keeping him alive.

Its not the destination of ROTS, its the journey of how we get there. And with characters like Ahsoka and Ventress, we can also go beyond ROTS now.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think you have a good list, but there are some important additions:
    • The Rise of Boba Fett: combine with Cad Bane and Hondo's story, they play in to how he becomes who he is and gets the Slave 1.
    • The Fate of Fives: His story may or may not be intertwined with Rex and Order 66. We really need to see how these guys respond to the order as the Clone Wars has a different way of explaining it than what the EU came up with. And we followed the Domino squad through the whole show, we need to wrap it up with Fives.
    • Bo Katan and Mandalore: we were just in the middle of a huge upheaval at the end of the Lawless, and we need to see where this goes. And Bo Katan is awesome.
    • Mother Talzin: We need to see what her end game is... it may tie back to Maul, and possibly Ventress again.
    Two more which aren't quite as important but would be really interesting:
    • Barriss and Luminara: after the S5 finale, I do want to see what happens to Barriss and Luminara's reaction to it, she wasn't even in the episode!
    • Padme and Bail: they should put the deleted ROTS plot of the start of the Rebel Alliance in the show and expand upon it as they transition to the end of the series. They haven't done anything with these characters in a long time.

18. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I want a quality story. Not just Lucas' incompetent childish scribblings he has the nerve to call a, "vision."

Zeta1127 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Grievous and Dooku was not even part of this season without that Young Jedi special...LOL

using them constantly...:confused:

They should call this show "The awesome Ahsoka Tano Power hour." not the CLONE WARS.

Zeta1127 and TaradosGon like this.
  20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni approved.

21. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    yes but many many kids watch it. Most of their parents still believe TCW is a kids show..

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Did you happen to watch seasons 1 through 4? Well let's just say they were overused, and they learned their lesson.

23. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    the stories back than was better, at least they had something to do with the clone wars. Unfortunately the lack of the animation quailty of the newer episodes make them seem not good today. Instead of season 6 they should redo that old stories with the actual animation quality.

24. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe now that Ahsoka left we can get back to the clone centered episodes again?

Oh who am I kidding.

25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    *cough*its only 22 minutes*cough*

*cough*you mean like the films?*cough*

*gets cough medicine*