main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Durge does speak basic in the comics.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It was a 1-on-1 duel. Vizsla would never have forgiven Bo-Katan for interrupting, and probably would have given himself over to Maul anyway. Whatever Vizsla was, he stuck to Mandalorian tradition.

3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It would not matter if Maul was killed by Bo-Katan. What could Vizsla do? Commit suicide ?

Like I said before, since he could deceive his own people and work with the criminals, I don't see him being that stubborn.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, no, but Bo-Katan would most likely be at the very least expelled, at the most executed.

It's not "being stubborn" to Vizsla. The Mandalorian way is his life.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's much better than let Maul rule Mandalore and start the bloody civil war in her view, obviously.

Including work with the criminals to harass his own people and deceive them? I don't remember there is such principle in Mandalorians' tradition.

6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
  7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If this quote from the article is true, I will be very disappointed in Disney's decision to cancel the series now. While I imagine Ahsoka and Ventress's fates can be left up in the air for future material, they really must wrap up Rex and Maul's story before the show concludes. I sincerely hope that this statement is merely an exaggeration to incite folks to act on behalf of the show and that the people who wrote this do not know for sure that these characters' fates aren't concluded. Unless they possess some inside information from LFA...

Ani501st likes this.
  8. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Maybe Maul's story will be explore in later material but Rex if they don't finish his story here, it will never be finished. I'm not sure that Jedi News would lie, after all it's them who announce first the cancellation of the show.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Everything will get wrapped up eventually, even if it's in a novel or comic series. If people want to see a conclusion enough, they'll get it in some format, and they'll have the chance to read it.

If they're far enough into a new series to be recording its pilot, presumably writing future scripts, and with Filoni preoccupied with directing, I think it's too late. LucasFilm was insistent on abruptly moving away from TCW and immediately transitioning to a new show. If their plans were so accelerated I don't think they're going to stop and rewind to tack a conclusion onto TCW, no matter how many letters they get.

It's not like Ahsoka, Asajj, and Maul are going to stay in limbo forever. If this next show does not utilize them (and therefore keep them off limits), I'm sure we'll get their stories in some format.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    ^I agree. I suppose it would be acceptable if not ideal to have Maul and Rex's stories concluded in a comic/novel/other medium, and I'm sure by now the whole letter campaign isn't going to make any difference towards the decision to cancel the show. I'm looking more and more forward to what the bonus content Filoni promised us entails, and whether we will get a proper conclusion to the series.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We'll just have to assume that Rex was one of the Clones who marched with Anakin into the Jedi Temple... But if the new animated series is set between episodes three and four, then I'm sure they'd show all of these characters again, and maybe even have some of them as the leading characters.

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmmm, while those sites do seem reliable...I do recall they did say it would be an outright cancellation with no chance of seeing any more stories (I could be wrong on that...) so they have been wrong before... but it would really suck if we didn't get a conclusion to Maul's story which I think is the most important thing that needs wrapping up as the other three characters can be pretty self-explanatory.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    In the words of ol Goldenrod (3PO)...

"Oh dear, oh dear."

Jimmy Mac was sadly right about the impending demise of the series, so I suspect he may also be right about the remaining arcs being very inconclusive for Maul and Rex. After all, he only needs to hear from Witner that nothing was concluded to know the truth. Maul is of course the biggest issue of all.

To make matters worse, I don't think this decision has anything to do with the success (or lack thereof) of the show, but everything to do with not only its cost in development (even if it made a profit, Disney thinks it can make back that money through cheaper merchandising), but also contract disputes with a rival network.

Now I'm worried about the s5 DVD/Blu Ray release...

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/this-deals-getting-worse-all-the-time.html

Circular_Logic likes this.
  14. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    The Rebel Force Radio Facebook page is taking requests for questions to ask Dave on this weeks episode.

www.facebook.com/RebelForceRadio

Some people are saying "oh, just say thank you", but thats not a question! :p This is our first opportunity as fans to ask about the bonus content, so why not ask away?

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the most important question is: "Since all of S6 is completed, will all of the arcs get released?" or "how mnay arcs will get released?"

I'd ask them myself but I don;t want to link my FB page so my friends can see how much of a nerdy fan I am... It's more difficult being female!

Valairy Scot and Sally_Mothma like this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I just left two questions for them to ask.

1. Have they finished making season six and if so, will we get to see it all, if not, how many arcs will we see.
    2. Will all of the bonus content be released to DVD.

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    That basically asks my questions :p

I am concerned about the content being released in the UK though and whether it will be released here :/ Maybe we will get some answers from Dave.

18. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    wtf I'm starting to hate on Disney seriously, and K Kennedy seems to screw it all up I guess
    It would be total cr** to get these in other formats like comics, the whole point of this series is that it's NOT those formats, it's a Star Wars cinematic experience

Execute order 66 on Disney, soon enough

19. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    I too threw out a few questions. What is truly tragic to me personally about this is that I looked forward to asking Filoni these questions in person at SDCC. Now that either will not happen, or even if it can, it will be mostly meaningless. There will likely be no clone wars panel ever again.

I will enjoy the convention for many other reasons, but Star Wars truly was my big draw for going this year. Now I just have to hope Del Ray and Dark Horse offer something of substance (What's even worse is that I find myself caring less about episode 7 even if major details 'are' announced then and there... something I never thought I'd say either.)

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    What's episode 7? Lol, I honestly haven't even thought about that since all this news about TCW.

Sally_Mothma and earlchinna like this.
  21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    In response to the arcs that are being worked on will not cover the fates of the Rex, Ventress, Ahsoka or Maul... Didn't JAT hint on his twitter page that, that's been dealt with? I can't find the actual tweet now but the way he responded to a query about it, seemed to hint that that has been tied up in a future story he's recorded and could be still being animated and is being allowed to finish possibly?

22. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Maybe your friends are within the midst of LACWAC.

23. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Bingo. I've had a good friend of mine who I enjoyed watching TCW say that he suddenly feels very apathetic about Episode VII after the cancellation news for this and other projects (1313) cropped up. Honestly, as I've said here before... I did want the show to end, but I wanted it to do so by wrapping up relevant plot points and ending naturally, not by being suddenly cut off like this.

I'll probably be over it in a few weeks, but right now it still somewhat stings.

VMeran and earlchinna like this.
  24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree how it has ended is bad, but Filoni also deserves a bit of blame here, not just Disney. They just want to focus on the ST and their own stuff, which is fair enough.
    TCW was being dragged out and dragged out (remember the whole 100 more episodes thing), for no other reason than it gave him a job, I mean how long can you make a 3 1/2 year war for gods sake. While things like the Droid arc were pretty pointless and not needed. What I am saying is that there were plenty of opportunities to wrap some things up.

Coric likes this.
  25. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    But I think to lead a Star Wars production you have to be ambitious. I'm not going to fault Filoni for having ambition and for continuing on with the show when George urged him to.