main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    What episode? :p

Sable_Hart likes this.
  2. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    well both companies that created these characters have put me in a state of depression, that is what they have in common. And you being a Mass Effect fan already know what I am talking about, don't have to go into too much detail there.

07jonesj likes this.
  3. AnakinsOtherSon

Feb 17, 2013
    well nonetheless I would rather watch or play my idea then anything Disney could create regarding Star War

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Curt Shilling once thought as you do.;)

GGrievous likes this.
  5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why do I have a warm and fuzzy feeling?

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
  7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Looks like a dry season for LACWAC..

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Bigshinyrobot was told this by a Lucasfilm spokesperson:
    Concerned over reports that the remaining content from The Clone Wars would not be made available to fans, a Lucasfilm spokesperson contacted me to assure you that the extra content will absolutely be made available to fans.

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/50078

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka has no connection to The Shepard whatsoever, the person who said that is Drunk!

10. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Thank god, I was seriously worried. Honestly, I just want to see this content and even if storylines aren't wrapped up, it's okay.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  12. YodaDooDahDay

YodaDooDahDay Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 20, 2010
    Um, sorry, but "unnamed spokesman" doesn't fill me with optimism. If the company wants assure fans this is going to happen, how about a NAMED spokesman making a solid confirmation on the record. How about a press release. Until that happens, it isn't going to happen. Disney is dismantling everything Lucasfilm has done post-1997 and I have no reason to believe they have any intention of 'going backwards' to anything PT-related ever again.

13. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I totally agree with you. Disney might not hate The Clone Wars but it's pretty clear they don't give a **** about the show or its fans. Quite frankly, moves like this have been hostile to the fanbase for no reason. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be shocked if we never see any of this bonus content. When you don't give a damn about something, you're not exactly in a rush to do more of it.

Disappointed by the break-up of The Clone Wars team but not surprised. Disney will likely disband LFL Animation in the near futre. It's a shame because the Clone Wars people could have taught Disney's television people a thing or two with their excellent work on the show.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    There better be more episodes

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    At this point I'm inclined to trust that we will see the content, if for no other reason than LucasFilm allowed Filoni to go on StarWars.com and release a video pretty much making the promise that the show is not over and that the "best is yet to come."

That, plus lately the "unnamed sources" reporting things like the imminent cancellation of TCW have been right. I mean, hell in regards to Episode VII it was an "unnamed source" that revealed that Harrison was on board and people ran with that news and it's apparently all but in the bag and true.

Yeah, it would be easy to lie and claim to have info via an "unnamed source" and just make up bs, but things have been reported accurately thus far.

It wasn't like these S6 were promised before Disney acquired the company and now they are going back on that promise. Filoni was surely cleared to make that video as damage control for angry fans and to be a familiar face.

[​IMG]

If they were uncertain, or had no intention of ever letting the fans get new arcs, they could just as easily have not shown the clip or told Dave to re-shoot his video to the fans.

16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Pretty good read. This is kinda how I feel about it:
    http://thestarwarsheresies.blogspot.com/2013/03/when-you-wish-upon-death-star.html

17. AnakinsOtherSon

Feb 17, 2013
    why do I need help? My idea makes more sense than what disney could come up with, those who think Ahsoka should die are the ones that need help and need to get their heads out of the sand.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    According to this poll (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-should-ahsokas-fate-be.31152163) more than half want(ed) Ahsoka to die.

19. AnakinsOtherSon

Feb 17, 2013
    Completely insane, and people call me crazy on these boards, just does not make since 07jones, her dying would be so cliche and a cop out. She is an amazing character, regardless of what fans think.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Yes, I agree her dying would have been so cliche. Her leaving the jedi order is a better original way to continue her story.

That's a good news !

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I love Ahsoka's character, so although I'm in the camp of "Ahsoka should die" it's not because I dislike her. I'd be very sad.

The next time someone says dying is so cliche, I'm going to smash my head against a wall. EVERYBODY DIES. Saying dying is cliche is like saying living is cliche, or breathing is cliche. These are things that are always going to happen, so can't be considered cliche.

Even if Ahsoka doesn't die during the Dark Times, pretty much everyone she has ever met is going to die about 6 months after she leaves the Jedi Order. If you want a character to have a happy ending, you don't make them a Jedi during the end of the Prequel era. She's going to be hiding on a planet in exile mourning the loss of everybody she ever knew, just like Obi-Wan or Yoda.

22. AnakinsOtherSon

Feb 17, 2013
    By the way 07jones its good to see you, i have not been in for awhile, did you like the final episode and how they did Ahsoka?

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, although I said Ahsoka should die in the comment above, I don't necessarily believe that. Really, I just don't want to see Ahsoka in the post-ANH era. If she's alive but we just don't see her fighting the Yuuzhan Vong or anything similar, I'm fine with that. If she lives, she stops being a Jedi basically.

Honestly, "The Last Jedi" may be my favourite episode of the show, just because of how much weight the story held emotionally. I always knew the episode that dealt with why Ahsoka wasn't in ROTS was going to be a hard-hitting one, but seeing Ahsoka get stripped of her rank was pretty brutal.

Some people have a problem with how the Council dealt with the situation, but I think it fits their need to please the Senate is coming above their ability to help people and work autonomously.

My only real problem with the episode is how quickly Barriss' motivations were glanced over, but I have to remember they only had 22 minutes to tell the story, and they had a lot to tell.

The final scene was fantastic. From the facial expressions of Anakin and Ahsoka, to their voice actors, to their dialogue - it's a scene that perfectly ends their relationship, with Ahsoka implying she knows about Anakin's feelings about Padme, and that she understands that he himself wishes to leave the Jedi at some point (which he does plan to during ROTS).

How about you?

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That's the point though, her story will NOT be continued. She is not in the OT or RotS and with Disney concentrating on the ST an era which she is not in, nor has any connection with, you will probably never hear of her again, now if she was just a side character that wouldn't be a problem but she is the main character and deserved some resolution. Besides as Darth Vaders side kick it was never going to end well for her. It's like writing about the war of Troy, which apart from Aneas (Obi-wan and Yoda) , the rest of the characters (on the Trojan side) all die.

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I think her story is resolved though, in terms of her relationship with Anakin. She becomes disenfranchised with the Jedi Order and thus leaves. Maybe she lives a happy life on a backwater planet, maybe she tries to help planets out during the Purge and gets killed. Imagination!

I'd say it was a cop-out if there wasn't some resolution, but her current ending works just fine.

Anakin on the other hand I feel we need to see again before ROTS, as I feel that sad!Anakin at the end of "The Last Jedi" doesn't mesh well with the beginning of ROTS. A couple of episodes of Anakin/Obi-Wan are needed IMO.

VMeran and cwustudent like this.