main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The more that leaks out, the less sense the 2 arc report makes. Unless they intend to plop Clovis into Season 5's dvd, then we already know one arc is Clovis and by Dave's own footage, the other is Order 66/Trench. That doesn't leave a lot of room for other reports indicating different plots. And no offense to anyone who likes him, but I really don't want Clovis to be one of the two arc if it must only be 2 arcs.

2. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    Somewhere along the line the Clovis arc became the poster boy of unreleased Clone Wars arcs but I personally don't think it will be that important of an arc. It was originally slated for the first half of season 5 and I think we all know about what the first half of every season is like. I imagine it will be released if the 2 arc thing is not true but I f it is true and we are only getting two arcs I really doubt that Clovis is important enough to make the cut....at least I hope not.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It depends, maybe the entirety of Season 6 needed final touch ups before release, whether that be animation or sound editing. Clovis, however, was ready to air in Season 5, so will definitely be ready.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Never did I think in my wildest dreams I'd see "Clovis" and "poster boy" in the same sentence.

5. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    In the past it was a really strange feeling when a season of The Clone Wars would end and there would be no more new episodes until next season, now its a even stranger feeling....

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Quite agree!

7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    One interesting thing to consider, if we take Season 5 as a model which had 5 arcs with no stand alones, at this point with all the leaks happening we can actually piece together almost all of Season 6! Season 5 the arcs were Maul, Onderon, Younglings, D Squad, Ahsoka. If they were keeping the 5 arc model for future seasons, we now know 4 of the 5 arcs: Order 66, Bounty Hunter/Cad Bane, Clovis, Yoda, leaving one arc which I am guessing may be a Maul/Nightsisters/Talzin arc considering the hints we would see more of Talzin and I can't imagine going a whole season without seing Maul. I am guessing the Order 66 arc may be the opening one and Yoda or Maul may have been the final arc.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be damn near criminal IMO if after bringing Maul back there is no resolution to his story. I think Maul has actually been a good thing for TCW. As an honorary OC Maul is one of the most effective and threatening villains that has been brought in. The show just never did much with Dooku and played him out like Rita Repulsa and then it dumbed down Grievous into Goldar. Maul switched things up like Green Ranger. Teaming Maul up with Obi-wan's other arch enemies was well played. In the chat tonight Tarkas brought up Palpatine's regard for Mandalore in "Duchess of Mandalore" and how he thought Maul knew exactly what to do to impress his old master which was something I never considered before. I liked that idea alongside the simple revenge plot. Maul is one dude that needs to be dealt with internally and should not be allowed to make it out of this series still alive. To me, its not good enough to leave it off with a line that goes something like, "I'm not going to kill you, I got plans for you." which is another can of worms for the future. However, there also has to be a resolution to this and to the Mandalorian subplot with that world being left in seeming chaos by Kenobi's failed rescue attempt.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Clovis is three episodes. Didn't Michnovetz say the Fives/Order 66 arc was three episodes as well?

It's safe to say that Season 6 would not have used the same episode structure.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't know if I've ever seen any mention of how many episodes the Fives arc is. I've pretty much been assuming everything is 4 episodes.

11. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Before the mess with young Jedi, there was a full 22 episode season
    - the 16 episodes we got (not including young Jedi)
    - 3 part Clovis arc
    - 3 part Fives arc

= 22

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Mandalore left in crisis would be ok IMO, the planet has had a rough history anyway so it would fit with that.

I also care little for the Clovis Arc, he doesn't seem like a very important character so I could happily manage without anything more about him. Maul & Ahsoka on the other hand are more important and should have some sort of resolution

It's a good quality show, arguably better than most of the shows Disney airs for kids on any of its channels. DVD sales would be high for a show that cost them nothing to produce, which is why it's strange they have stopped the airing of the remaining material.

Maybe they just don't want to deal with Cartoon Network or WB, both of whom probably have deals in place for the entire run of the show while it is on TV. So if the shows stops they no longer get anything out of it, and Disney can do what it wants with additional material so long as it is not aired on TV.

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I believe each year for CN or WB renew their contracts for each season so a new deal for this year would have to be negotiated with Disney.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

@Galladro said CN tried to negotiate rights to TCW season 6 and Disney shot em' down which is one more kick in the teeth with TCW's abrupt cancellation.

I initially was not really looking forward to the Clovis arc. My apologies but Senate Spy is not one of my favorite episodes. However I gradually started to look forward to that episode building off the excitement of my friends here who I want to get to see the episode as well. I'm mainly looking forward to seeing Anakin beat the tar out of Clovis. I'm curious about the seemingly lost episode of season 5 and am expecting it to be swell.

Man, it still hurts. I was thinking it was foreshadowing what other one hit wonder characters I thought would never come back might. Then again "The Deserter" for example is stronger with Cut never gracing the screen again. I can keep my personal fanon he took his family and left that planet behind after Rex left because he didn't trust him.

Barriss_Coffee and hlc88 like this.
  15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Honestly I think disney was intent on cancelling the show but couldn't do anything about it until Season 5 had finished airing. They had to honour that contract.

I hope we get to see the Clovis arc. I just can't understand why if all (apart from maybe little changes) Season 6 couldn't air. Disney would actually get money from Warners to air it. I just hope there is more then these two rumoured arcs because its quite frankly ridiculous if a whole season is finished why not just let us see it?

Ah, we will see...

I will be annoyed if we don't get to see any Anakin/Obi-Wan stories which JAT said was meant to be coming up. That is something that DOES need exploring.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Some Anakin and Obi-wan stories would be nice although I'll be happy if TCW does the bare minimum of wrapping up Maul and Rex then delivery Brent Friedman's ending arc. Just do this much for us Disney. Honestly if the issue is with Warner I don't see why Disney couldn't just rebrand the show to finish on its own accord. Seems to me like they just want TCW gone. Maybe you have a point this is actually more like what AOL/Timewarner did to Toonami '02 or something like that. Disney is actually axing TCW because it would still have been in competition with its own channels if it continued.

hlc88 likes this.
  17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think Disney came in with the mindset that this show was going to be instantly axed. Even with the contract obliging them to air Season 5 on CN, they could have stopped production on new Season 6/7 episodes as soon as they came in. They didn't until very recently. That suggests indecision IMO.

I'm still optimistic - I still think we'll see everything that's finished. That Friedman finale arc is probably not going to be seen though, as I highly doubt they were in the process of making that at the time.

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    It was probably the cost of the show too which was its downfall. If it cost a lot less then it does then maybe it would have had a saving grace. Does anyone know how much the season DVD/blu-rays sets make? It's probably not even enough to pay for one TCW episode.

19. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    A TCW episode costs 2-3 millions of $, it's not really expansive, there are other shows much more expansive.
    The sells of the DVD/Blu-Ray box sets are probably quite good to pay an arc.

20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    For a cartoon show its expensive to make ^^

cwustudent and 07jonesj like this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    From what I understand now, they weren't as far along with Season 6 as we thought. Sure, the voice work may have been done, but all of the editing, overseas animation, lighting, sound design, etc. are all part of the extensive pipeline. Maybe they really did just wrap the Order 66/Fives arc and were trying to wrap up all the work on the Bounty Hunters arc when they got the plug pulled by Disney/Lucasfilm. When the "faucet" of money shuts off and everyone is layed off, there is no one there to pick up all these different elements and continue working on them. One arc may have been in concept phase, another one may be in the process of "shooting" by the Director, another one may have been editing, and another one may still be worked on by the overseas animation team.

I'm holding out hope that they will get back to finishing up these other episodes, either slowly with a skeleton crew, or with the help of Disney animation resources. Its still such a damn shame that Lucasfilm Animation couldn't continue their great work though. Who knows if the new episodes will be able to match the production quality if different people are working on them. Five seasons of experience by the crew working on the show are worth something.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    The cost for an episode of Dreamworks Dragons Riders Of Berk are about the same a little more than 2 millions of $, if I remember almost 2.50 millions.
    An episode of The Simpsons costs 1.8 millions of $.
    When it's just drawings like The Simpsons it's less than 2 millions but when it's something with CGI animation like TCW or Dragons it's more than 2 millions.

Seerow likes this.
  23. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    If the Clovis arc and Fives/Trench arc end up on the Season 5 DVD/Blu Ray I wonder where they will be placed.
    Maybe the Clovis could be placed after the Onderon arc but before the Young Jedi arc. The Fives arc could placed after the Ahsoka/Fugitive arc.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It probably took Disney a while to settle in and go through everything that was going on with their new baby. These giant companies like Disney are never as organized as we'd think. Take a trip to Disney World and you'll see what I mean (fastpass anyone?).

The reason for cancellation cited probably will be expense. We'll probably never really know the true motivation behind it be it competition or what not. I'm kinda cynical with this and believe this whole thing with the ST and Star Wars in general revolves around how Disney thinks they can make it work for their theme part business which is where Disney really makes their money.

Good info. I didn't know Dragon Riders cost that much although given its a movie spin off that's probably not surprising. CN seems surprisingly willing to invest in animation like that. One thing Disney nor anyone can take away is the legacy TCW will have had on western animation far as raising the bar higher.

KenobiSkywalker and 07jonesj like this.
  25. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Probably something like that or maybe on the last disc as Bonus.