main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Where has it been said that there will be a new announcement from Filoni coming?

2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If I'm not mistaken, Filoni has an interview with RebelForce Radio scheduled sometime soon, perhaps next week. However, I have no idea if he will make any significant announcement regarding the new arcs, especially without the consent of his new Disney overlords. We'll have to just wait and see.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Uh, strict reading of that does't mean all but 3 believed Ahsoka was guilty, but that all but 3 believe that there is enough evidence to let a trial proceed as per the quote below.

A trial is at its simplist supposed to be an examination of the evidence to decide guilt or innocence.

4. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Is anyone bothered by the fact that Riff Tamson looks like a Great White Shark in a CIS uniform?

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    So? What of it?

6. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I can't take him seriously.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why not have a Great White Shark in the military?

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    And I can't take Chewbacca seriously because he looks like Bigfoot with a crossbow. Seriously though it doesn't really matter, he's supposed to look fearsome anyway.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Me either. I called him Shark Boy through most of season 4 because I couldn't remember his name.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    You go in the cage. The cage goes in the water. Tamson's in the water..... Black eyes, like a doll's eyes.... Farewell and adieu to you fair Naboo Ladies....

11. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    If I remember correctly, Filoni wanted him to look different, but George preferred he looked like a shark

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Oh George, at it again with his computer...

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Clearly, Garrett Atkins thinks TCW jumped the Karkarodon with their physical depiction of Tamson.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    A lot of the aliens are pulled from animal inspirations, whether it be the wolfman, the praying mantis, the bat, the pigs, spiders, etc.

Tamson was just unfortunate enough to be based on an animal that is instantly recognizable. The Aqualish look very much like spiders for instance, though I think such resemblances will go over most peoples' heads because when you think of a spider you are probably thinking of an image more along the lines of:

[​IMG]

Not

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Jeeze, I hate spiders... But I think Admiral Trench makes a pretty good villain.

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    My "awwww" meter just went off the scale.

18. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    What announcement from Dave?

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hate spiders too, which is why I had hoped that Trench wasn't returning.

Ugh. Just...ugh.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    When I was a little boy, I picked up a spider in my hand and it showed it a tour of my house. Afterwards, when my mum decided to pay attention to what I was doing, she was going to kill the spider (she hates them). I took it outside and let it go free.

I've always loved life since. All people, all animals.

And yes, I still take spiders outside instead of squashing them.

Dathomir-Witch likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just hope they never end up in my house. I can't even get near one long enough to kill it.

About 2-3 years ago at a park, my kids were looking in a hole/crevice/gutter of some sort (something something boy curiosity something) when my oldest said, "Look Mommy! Spider-Man!" I did look; it was a black spider with a "spider-man" red mark across its belly--a ****ing black widow.

I yanked both of them away screaming something about that not being Spider-Man but an actual ****ing poisonous spider, only I managed to say it without the language because I do try to avoid that particular word around my kids. (Shut up. I do.)

But yeah, I ****ing hate spiders. And that experience didn't help endear me to them.

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    If I see a spider, I try my best to get it outside, otherwise I just run away and let someone else deal with it, lol. Actually about a couple of months ago it was like 1am and I was the only one awake, then I saw a cockroach crawling towards me... Half an hour later I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it, so I eventually got it in the bin on my second attempt, it was still alive, then in the morning, it was no longer in the bin... And that's why you should never let me deal with bugs, lol.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I usually just ignore spiders. If they don't bother me, I don't bother them. Living in a state with cold winters helps cut down on them, I never see any insects during winter here.

I think they eat other, more pesky insects, so that's a plus.

I've killed plenty of spiders, but always at the request of women folk.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, yeah, I've killed spiders for women before. When someone basically pulls you by your hair into a room, and practically screams at you to "get rid of that thing", you don't argue. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn right. ;)

If there is a hell and I end up there, the movie "Arachnophobia" will be playing on repeat 24/7. Or that awful Forbidden Forest scene from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

That is all.

07jonesj likes this.