main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Thanks for finally taking in to consideration how we feel about these changes. Most TCW fans don't do that.

2. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Use her Clone Wars Multimedia Project character as an example. Make her an intimidating military commander that can easily defeat a Jedi, as well as a skilled general. Make her kill a Jedi once in a while. Keep her as a Rattataki.

07jonesj likes this.
  3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I beg to differ regarding her "wonderful" portrayal in the microseries. Her character was rather flat and she only really showed up to impress Dooku on Rattatak, engage in a brief duel with the Count, and then end up being defeated by Anakin on Yavin. She didn't get much dialogue and all we got out of her character was her intense dislike of the Jedi Order (for the perceived abandonment of her master Ky Narec on Rattatak, incidentally only covered in the EU and in the episode Nightsisters).

I will grant that Ventress was depicted as a more interesting character in the EU, particularly the Republic comics, as opposed to the microseries, but I felt TCW really did an excellent job on expanding upon her character, motivations, and her backstory. Sure, the fact that she was born on Dathomir can be construed as a minor retcon, but I felt it was an interesting one and it worked since she was taken to Rattatak as an infant. Ultimately, Ventress is definitely one EU character that TCW truly improved upon when adapted to the screen.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I thought they did a good job with her in Cloak of Darkness in that capacity, but on the other hand was awfully handled in Ambush.

Are you fine with the pre-Nightsisters appearances for her character then?

5. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    The Nightsister thing is what really peeves me the most. So I definitely like her better as a Rattatki.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm not even sure what you're talking about since TCW Ventress is very compatible with previous EU Ventress.

TCW Ventress is the original Ventress from the Clone Wars multimedia project, they're the same. Ventress is probably the most faithful EU adaptation TCW has ever done.

All TCW does is take the end of Obsession and instead of having Ventress disappear forever, they have her go to Dathomir and go from there. Nothing significant changes, all the important old stuff is included and new stuff is added going forward. Are you really holding a grudge over the tiny detail of Ventress being originally from Dathomir instead of Rattatak, even though Ventress goes to Rattatak in "Nightsisters" ?

I loved what they did in the episode "Nightsisters", there are so many EU references that it really feels like I'm watching her entire story play out on screen. I don't think they've ever put more EU references into one episode.

7. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nightsisters was one of my few 10/10 episodes. If they had revamped Ventress so she hadn't seen her Master die and become angry at the Jedi because of it, I'd have a problem, but are we really going to quibble over the idea that she had hair at one time instead of being born hairless on Rattatak? Plus the Dathomir magic combined with the Force was just...awesome.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    "YOU TURNED HER AGAINST ME!" :p

Trying to entertain myself in the off-season...

Edit: The off-season that extends into infinity...?

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The hair was at least used for a good reason - it was to reflect Asajj's descent to the dark side, and how she was more or less happy at one point.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Not really dude.

12. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    TCW!Ventress is better than CW!Ventress, but Yoda: Dark Rendezvous!Ventress is cooler than all of 'em.

13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Ky Narec, Rattatak, and the rest of her entire backstory is still intact and even referenced in the show itself. Aside from her original fate in Obsession and her species, nothing whatsoever is contradicted.

Give credit where credit's due for once, man.

14. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I was really disappointed with the RebelForce interview with Dave. By far the weakest of their post-season roundups.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I think we've been reading different comics. ;)
    The Katie Lucas Ventress =/= EU Ventress. It does not matter if she cherry picked EU items for the new backstory.

16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What if that Darth Maul clone that faced Vader wasn't a clone and Sidious used him to test Vader :eek:

Huyang and Chewbacca89 like this.
  17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    There was a Darth Maul clone?

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

Huyang likes this.
  19. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    It's stuff like that, that supports my headcanon idea of Palpatine's plans for Maul. With Filoni and Witwer's comments pointing towards no more Maul arcs in TCW, I'd like to think Maul has joined Palpatine's secret collection of curiosities to support his experiments. Perhaps after electrifying Maul into an unconscious state, he moved him to a secure location on Coruscant alongside the Zillo Beast where he could explore what kept Maul alive, and attempt to clone a more pure version of Maul (with legs and obedience). At least, I'm going to believe this is the case until Maul returns in a future movie/tv show/comic book. For now, Star Wars Resurrection supports the idea of Palpatine either cloning Maul or brainwashing him while the Infinities story Old Wounds supports the "what if" scenario of Maul escaping Palpatine or Palpatine intentionally turning Maul loose to find Obi-Wan Kenobi.

20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I never thought about that before, but yeah Ventress is done really well in the TCW. I wouln't mind a new comic series starring Ventress the Bounty Hunter,. :cool:

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Except Asajj Ventress isn't a Sith. Maul is a Sith. Doesn't matter if his apprentice/brother doesn't count as one.

Moreover, there is a lot of **** that goes on from the beginning to end of Star Wars Episode III. You have the Battle of Coruscant, Obi-Wan attacking Utapau and killing Grievous, Anakin being told to spy on Sidious and then finding out that - gasp! - he's the Sith Master, etc., etc. I mean, its amazing that every one of the characters can focus on so many things at once. Point is, everyone in ROTS was preoccupied, so its understandable that they wouldn't make a mention about Maul and all the crazy **** that happened in the EU that takes place between Episodes II and III because during the entire movie so much crap is happening around them such as Dooku dying and the Sidious making himself Emperor that it would be hard to think of something that isn't important at whatever moment the main characters are in during the entire movie!

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol it's contradictory. In the biography it said she yearned to be a true Sith, but such status wasn't allowed under the Rule of Two.

Then, under affiliations, it says "Sith Apprentice".

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    as in "apprentice of a Sith", not as in "a Sith who is an apprentice".

25. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Darth Maul is no Sith either. Palpatine and Dooku were. The line actually never really made much sense to me in the first place. I am calling TCW Darth Maul Darth Maul's evil doppelganger because I believe that Darth Maul died on Naboo.