main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Very cool to see that, it makes me hopeful for what else we may be able to see. And that clip itself really does look like some of the best stuff we've ever seen on the show.

I think you are right on with your count hlc88 and I hope that after releasing these people will buy them up and view them which could lead to finishing up the Clone Wars with additional arcs that wrap up loose ends.

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Of course this now makes me wonder what arcs were due to enter production before the cancellation? If S6 was all done or nearly all done, will we be getting all of them as well? (5 arcs would equal a whole season if we go by the number of arcs season 5 had). The article does implicate that anything slated to begin will be done. That does make it seem that we might get a lot more. We will get to see some of the Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship that JAT said he had done?

For example, the voice recordings for an arc that was done a week before the cancellation will we see that? Would getting the voice recordings class as having entered production?

I don't want to sound too hopeful but I do hope we get to see the Bounty Hunter arc. If they are going to produce arcs that were due to enter production prior to the cancellation, what does that mean for arcs that were said to be 95% done?

AkashKedavra_93 and Ani501st like this.
  3. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I ran (well, quickly clicked) over here when I saw the news. This arc sounds awesome. Remember when I mentioned we could potentially see Anakin's distrust in Padme (Clovis arc), Order 66 (Order 66 arc), force ghosts (Yoda arc), and Boba Fett's rise (bounty hunter arc) expanded upon? Add Sifo-Dyas to the list!

Sifo-Dyas and force ghosts are definitely two things that deserved more screen time in the prequels, and it looks like at least one of those might get it! Unless, of course, the Sifo-Dyas arc is also the Yoda arc given that Plo is heading back to the temple and surely this sort of thing would be handled by Yoda and Mace. Maybe Yoda reaches out to the Force for answers and Qui-Gon speaks to him?

Ireally really hope Sifo-Dyas = force ghost Yoda arc, because then we could tick a big "WANT" off the bonus content list.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I always said TCW should deal with Sifo-Dias sooner or later. Looks like we may finally be getting it.

earlchinna and Ani501st like this.
  5. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    3 arcs is almost a season so the rumor saying only 2 arcs is false. I think that if the animation of an arc is finished we'll get it so in my opinion we'll get the entire S6.
    We know that Clovis arc is 3 episodes and not 4 like season 5 stories.
    With what it said it sounds hopeful so hoping to see the Bounty Hunter arc doesn't sound too hopeful.
    I hope we get this Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship arc, they let JAT talked about it so it may means we'll get it, same thing for Bounty Hunter arc.
    I'm sure we'll know more about these bonus arc at the May 4th.

earlchinna and Sally_Mothma like this.
  6. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Wow, that clip looks great!I wonder if it's from the same arc as the last clip we saw.

7. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Some are speculating that it is the Order 66 arc... though I don't know. I'm trying to think of how finding a lightsaber => Jedi Temple => an attack on Trench => early Order 66 execution.

They feel like two arcs to me.

earlchinna and Sally_Mothma like this.
  8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Seems like it could be the Order 66 arc to me. Filoni mentioned that Order 66 would be explained, even if just tangentially. Who Sifo-Dyas was and how he fits into that is a huge part of the equation. This is one instance in which I'd be happy if they contradict the EU and establish that Sifo-Dyas could not have ordered the army. Obi-Wan voices his belief that Sifo-Dyas couldn't have done so because he had been killed before the army was ever ordered. They never really dwell on that really important detail for that long, and then the EU runs with the idea that it was Sifo-Dyas...

I'm happy that they are addressing this and would be happy to see them retcon the EU on this matter.

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    http://m.usatoday.com/article/life/2122763

I am really excited about this, this stuff looks great. And the new models are amazing! So it's definitely more than two arcs then. Maybe we'll be a getting a Season 5 equivalent of 5 arcs? That would be neat, and they could release them as a Season Six on Blu-Ray/DVD. I would like that.

InterestingLurker and earlchinna like this.
  10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great clip indeed. I really like the sound of a Sifo-Dyas storyline; this could be something really good and the fun doesn't stop there as we might get even more.

These bonus/leftover arcs as a special 'Season 6' DVD & Blu-ray release would be ace.

earlchinna likes this.
  11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, this Sifo-Dyas mystery arc looks extremely promising. Plo Koon and the Wolfpack, a very awesome-looking desert world, even the Emperor's theme playing when they enter the crashed fighter (sent some chills down my spine), wow! I wonder who that lightsaber belonged to, presumably Sifo-Dyas? This arc could well deal with Count Dooku, who personally killed Sifo-Dyas as his first victim on his way to becoming a Sith Lord. Filoni did promise that they would delve more into Dooku's character in upcoming stories. I am really stoked, looking forward to seeing what's to come, and whether this arc also ties heavily into the Order 66 mythos, as TaradosGon said. If the Jedi ever even get a hint that it was Dooku or Hego Damask (via Dyas as a proxy in the Plagueis novel) who ordered the creation of the clone army, I imagine they would have second thoughts about the true purpose of the GAR (although the latter case could still blind them to the truth of the Sith plot, as no Jedi knew Plagueis' true identity).

My optimism meter is back to being way up, especially if there will be more than the promised two arcs!

earlchinna and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    If the show is rounded out well with a Season "6" release, I'll be content. I love the show and want to see a proper season send-off.

On another note, I have to say that the clone designs are phenomenal.

rumblewagon, Ani501st and earlchinna like this.
  13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Fine, fine. At least I got my weekly dose of Wolffe ;).

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Sifo-Dyas thing is one of the big plot holes in the PT that remained unexplained. It has always been generally accepted that someone impersonated the Jedi Master and ordered the army on behalf of the Council, but who was it?

It may have been Dyas himself, but then he would have operated without Council authority presumably because he was disillusioned with the Jedi Order. But that would need a lot of explaining and development for a character who has been dead over a decade by the time of the Clone Wars.

rumblewagon likes this.
  15. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    I agree. Each clip seems to bring up an idea that absolutely needs its own arc. Otherwise the flow seems complicated. We'll see!

Ani501st and earlchinna like this.
  16. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    seeing this clip today got me feeling sooo gooood

vong333 likes this.
  17. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    i hope to see in the future arcs what happened with Maul...

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This Sifo-Dyas story might be the most interesting plot TCW has had in a while.

19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Seeing this clip made me miss this show that much and how another season or two would of been perfect for them to end things with.

Thanks Disney.

20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Well

*SPOILERS!* (How do you do spoiler tags*
    *SPOILERS!*
    *SPOILERS!*

We know it was Dyas who ordered the army because of the novel Darth Plagueis and the Jedi Vs. Sith guide.

21. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    we know of 3 arcs now but which one them will be the series finale ?

Huyang likes this.
  22. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    credar
    [ spoiler] *your text here* [ /spoiler]
    W/out spaces.

And remember, we "knew" Even Piell would live because of Coruscant Nights...look how that turned out.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If they mess up Sifo-Dyas ordering the clone army, they've even interfered with film canon.

Not saying it wouldn't happen, but yeah...that would be pretty damn low.

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    ...film canon is just that the kaminoans /think/ he ordered them, but Obi-Wan seems questioning of it...

25. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Either this new clip and the Trench/Order 66 clip are of the same arc, and they're only teasing the first "bonus content" arc to be released in the near future (May 4th?) OR they're two separate arcs and LFL's plan is to tease each arc with a clip before releasing them all - either in a "bonus content" dvd/blu release or a Netflix/Hulu release, with Home Video to follow.

My fingers are crossed for a May 4th reveal of Netflix or Hulu hosting the bonus content in the Fall, with Clovis, Order 66, Sifo-Dyas, Boba/Bane and Yoda (unless the Yoda arc is also the Order 66 or Sifo-Dyas arc) being the arcs. 4-5 arcs would be sweet as hell.